Something New Coming To Animal Kingdom

This is part of an article from  Yahoo.  I like the sound of this.

Richard Bilbao  – Senior staff writer, Orlando Business Journal
Jun 11, 2019, 12:17pm EDT

Walt Disney World is tapping into its animation roots to enhance what guests can do at its theme parks. 

The theme park announced part of its upgrades at Rafiki’s Planet Watch at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will include a new experience at the Conservation Station. The Animation Experience will allow guests to learn how animals inspired Walt Disney and his animators to make realistic characters in Disney films.

The new Animation Experience at Conservation Station helps guests learn how Walt Disney and his animators used animals as inspiration for his films.

The Walt Disney Co.

Here's more from the Disney Parks Blog:

In honor of our celebration of Disney’s “The Lion King,” we’ll be launching The Animation Experience at Conservation Station, offering our guests the opportunity to learn how live animals have inspired some of the most iconic characters from this beloved “tail.” You’ll learn more about some of the animals who call our park home and then have the chance to create a personalized piece of Disney art through an instructor-led animation class. As you’d expect, some of your favorite characters from “The Lion King” will be the stars of The Animation Experience, which will start when Rafiki’s Planet Watch reopens on July 11. Come learn how to draw Simba, Zazu, Pumbaa, Timon and more. Each session will be different so be sure to visit often to complete the collection. Disney FastPass+ Service will be offered for the experience, and you can make those selections starting later toda

Not all theme park experiences have to be rides to intrigue guests. Some visitors enjoy educational activities as well as those that give them unique moments with their family. 

"We are excited to welcome guests back to greet and hug the animals at Affection Section, catch a glimpse of medical procedures at our veterinary treatment window, learn how our animal care experts prepare meals for and care for the park’s animal residents and more," wrote Dr. Scott Terrell, director of animal and science operations at Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, via the blog.

Disney has been investing in its parks during the past decade. Animal Kingdom received its largest expansion to date with the opening of Pandora: The World of Avatar in 2017.

The addition may not be as large as Disney's other major new attractions such as Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, which will debut in Disney's Hollywood Studios in August, but small upgrades also keep theme parks fresh for fans. That translates into visitation boosts for the region's $70 billion tourism industry, which last year drew a record 75 million people to town.

22 hours ago, Duane said:

Remember back before the Pixar days when there were actual animators working at "MGM Studios"? 

I remember seeing the animators working on Mulan.  I also remember the 4 hour long backlot tour.  That was a bit much, I'll admit.  But, we did get some great family memories from that.  My daughter was chosen to ride the bee on the 'green screen effects' part of the tour.  Everyone in my family fondly remembers Crackaxle Canyon.