I was directed here by someone on EasyWDW. What a great site this is!

We would like to book a Horse & Carriage ride for this for Christmas Day but we are 3 adults and 2 (small-ish for age) children (ages 10 and 11). However, the website states 'Carriages fit up to 4 adults, or 2 adults and 3 small children'. How strictly do they enforce this and do you think there any point in us making this booking if we were only going to book 1 carriage?

Does it make any difference if we book the standard carriage or the special 'sleigh' version that they have during December?

We hired a Golf Cart a few years back (during December) and explored the loops of the Campsites to see the decorations and really loved it, so thought it would be nice to try the horse and carriage this time.

If we definitely can't book/fit in a carriage then we may go for the Wagon option, but less keen on this as the timing will be more restrictive and we quite like the idea of having a carriage to ourselves. 

Oh and also - can you remind me how you get to Crockett's Tavern as I think that is where you board the carriage. Do we have to leave our car at 'Check In Parking' at the entrance and then catch a bus? How frequent are the buses? (sorry - I should have clarified we are not actually staying on site, just visiting for Christmas Day to see the decorations and to eat at Trails End). 

To get to Trails End and Crockett's Tavern you would park at the entrance and take a bus to the Settlement. I don't know if they will have moved things due to the DVC construction but you would also go to the Settlement for the carriage ride. I don't know about how they enforce the number of occupants.