Resort Parking Fees Increased

In addition to the AP increases, this happened overnight also...

Increase to Parking Rates for Overnight Guests at Disney World Resort Hotels

By  

In addition to the price increases for Disney World Annual Passes, also in place today are increased rates for overnight parking for guests staying at Disney World Resort hotels.

Note that these new rates are effective for reservations made starting today, June 18, 2019, as listed on the Walt Disney World website. The original pricing will be honored for any reservations made prior to today.

The new rates are as follows, based on Disney World Resort category:

• Disney Value Resorts: $15 per night (increased from $13 per night)
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $20 per night (increased from $19 per night)
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per night (increased from $24 per night)

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/06/18/increase-to-parking-rates-for-overnight-guests-at-disney-world-resort-hotels/?fbclid=IwAR1rw697rrEJPSEP1WtEMd6eH9zvvsw0iEGByXrzr7_kh4Kpm6v6dyJdiqg

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

:ROFLMAO-1:

C'mon, what else is there to do but laugh....

I mean... will it ever stop?   Nope.  Not as long as folks keep coming and paying.  I've said it before, they're trying to cut back on crowds.  They want to reduce the crowds, but still bring in a ton of money.  

I don't know.  We got priced out last year so.... go for it, Disney. 

On 6/18/2019 at 12:42 PM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I mean... will it ever stop?   Nope.  Not as long as folks keep coming and paying.  I've said it before, they're trying to cut back on crowds.  They want to reduce the crowds, but still bring in a ton of money.  

I don't know.  We got priced out last year so.... go for it, Disney. 

Exactly, but when prices go up the crowds get bigger instead of smaller.  Just like Field of Dreams, "Build it and they will come".  

21 hours ago, disneylitch......Debbie said:

The problem is that Disney is hurting families.  That is exactly the opposite of what Walt had in mind when he build the parks.

HOW?  Families continue to come day after day after day.

9 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Buy raising prices it has made it harder for a lot of families to go and impossible for others. 

So has Universal. If you read the non Disney written articles part of that is being done to control the crowds and it's not working. Prices go up and crowds get bigger so apparently it's not hurting too many families. This past fall Linda and I never found a "slow" day at the Parks, lines for many attractions were ridiculous. MK has been open 15 min and already a 60 min wait for SDMT..  AK already has a 90 min wait for AVATAR.  HS 90 min for Slinky Dog.  So somebody's buying tickets.  

15 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

So has Universal. If you read the non Disney written articles part of that is being done to control the crowds and it's not working. Prices go up and crowds get bigger so apparently it's not hurting too many families. This past fall Linda and I never found a "slow" day at the Parks, lines for many attractions were ridiculous. MK has been open 15 min and already a 60 min wait for SDMT..  AK already has a 90 min wait for AVATAR.  HS 90 min for Slinky Dog.  So somebody's buying tickets.  

I don't disagree with you. I keep trying different times of the year trying to find a slow time and the fact is it just doesn't exist anymore. But I know several families that have had to throw in the towel due to how expensive it has gotten.  I really think they need to build a park half way between Disney land and Disney world. I think that would help more then a 5th gate. 

On 6/22/2019 at 9:12 AM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Exactly, but when prices go up the crowds get bigger instead of smaller.  Just like Field of Dreams, "Build it and they will come".  

It seems that way because (as you've said), the crowds just keep getting bigger and bigger. 

On 6/22/2019 at 9:12 AM, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Just like Field of Dreams, "Build it and they will come".  

I'd make that "Market it, and they will come"

I still remember back when November and early December was a wonderfully slow time - at the Fort and WDW.  It was our go-to time for a bunch of years for that reason. Then that Samantha Brown holiday special came out, and it started getting busier and busier.  Then the word got our more and more about how awesome the Fort was before/during the holidays (thanks internet) ... and Disney came out with "Pre Holiday" season at the Fort and started marketing the holiday season harder and harder...

The week before Thanksgiving week was as close as I've seen to "empty" one year not too long ago - we strolled on everything with little to no wait - to "what the heck happened?" a year later.

Their marketing department is pretty unmatched when it comes to finding ways to get "heads in beds" and in the parks.  Even when there's nothing new being built.  But now that there is SO much new happening, they've done their jobs so well they can pretty much just sit back and watch the crowds roll in.

12 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I'd make that "Market it, and they will come"

I still remember back when November and early December was a wonderfully slow time - at the Fort and WDW.  It was our go-to time for a bunch of years for that reason. Then that Samantha Brown holiday special came out, and it started getting busier and busier.  Then the word got our more and more about how awesome the Fort was before/during the holidays (thanks internet) ... and Disney came out with "Pre Holiday" season at the Fort and started marketing the holiday season harder and harder...

The week before Thanksgiving week was as close as I've seen to "empty" one year not too long ago - we strolled on everything with little to no wait - to "what the heck happened?" a year later.

Their marketing department is pretty unmatched when it comes to finding ways to get "heads in beds" and in the parks.  Even when there's nothing new being built.  But now that there is SO much new happening, they've done their jobs so well they can pretty much just sit back and watch the crowds roll in.

So true all of it.