I was pretty sure my last trip to Fort Wilderness (solo trip to Destination D in '16 with my tent and gear as checked baggage :)) - one of the best trips ever) would probably be my last because of logistics/cost. To compound the difficulty, my husband and I sold our apartment, our car, and almost all of our possessions (kept 4 suitcases worth of stuff and a box with my husband's fly fishing gear LOL) last year and moved from Seattle to France. However, my mom and I made a pact to try and do a big Disney trip in the fall of 2020. I recently began wondering whether the Fort would work out for part of the trip -- because we love camping and we love Fort Wilderness -- and it has!

Yesterday, an entire week came together thanks to Meacham's reasonably priced small camper package and June promo. 😃 😃 😃 A couple hours after Disney released the 2020 dates, I booked a pop-up site for the week before Halloween (incredibly, full hook-up sites were already sold out for part of our stay -wow!). Then I contacted Meacham's. We're all set, can't wait! 

I hope that we don't find the Fort too much changed because of the new resort at River Country and its construction. Hoping to see some pictures here of the changes, for sure!

2 hours ago, libbylovespluto said:

I was pretty sure my last trip to Fort Wilderness (solo trip to Destination D in '16 with my tent and gear as checked baggage :)) - one of the best trips ever) would probably be my last because of logistics/cost. To compound the difficulty, my husband and I sold our apartment, our car, and almost all of our possessions (kept 4 suitcases worth of stuff and a box with my husband's fly fishing gear LOL) last year and moved from Seattle to France. However, my mom and I made a pact to try and do a big Disney trip in the fall of 2020. I recently began wondering whether the Fort would work out for part of the trip -- because we love camping and we love Fort Wilderness -- and it has!

Yesterday, an entire week came together thanks to Meacham's reasonably priced small camper package and June promo. 😃 😃 😃 A couple hours after Disney released the 2020 dates, I booked a pop-up site for the week before Halloween (incredibly, full hook-up sites were already sold out for part of our stay -wow!). Then I contacted Meacham's. We're all set, can't wait! 

I hope that we don't find the Fort too much changed because of the new resort at River Country and its construction. Hoping to see some pictures here of the changes, for sure!

Hope it works out for you.

And that is a big life event change!