Epcot: New Barbecue Restaurant in American Adventure

From WDWMagic...

Regal Eagle Smokehouse Craft Drafts and Barbecue replacing the Liberty Inn at Epcot

3 hours ago in "Liberty Inn"

Walt Disney World has today announced a new fast-casual barbecue restaurant coming to Epcot's World Showcase.

Replacing the Liberty Inn quick service restaurant in the American Adventure, Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue will open later this year with the Liberty Inn closing July 8 2019.

According to Disney, "The new location will be a modern barbecue smokehouse, with all the accompanying sights, sounds, smells and flavors you love – including a large smoker preparing fine food every day right on the pavilion’s promenade. There will also be a redesigned patio."

The Liberty Inn currently serves standard quick service food, such as burgers, hot dogs and chicken nuggets.

Article Posted: Jun 27, 2019 / 1:41pm ET

https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/liberty-inn/news/27jun2019-regal-eagle-smokehouse-craft-drafts-and-barbecue-replacing-the-liberty-inn-at-epcot.htm?fbclid=IwAR0WP3D3U6Tzo3tG5u1yDvWEY7yL68HAjrOWBeHKzEpmPpfagYA3bkglYRs

Great change at Epcot.  As we all know you can get pretty darn hot by the time you walk from the main entrance back to the Liberty Inn.  A cold refreshing "Craft Draft" with some BBQ, a place to hang out and cool off and "have another" sounds pretty awesome. Thanks, Disney!

• 7 months later...

Well, the Regal Eagle Smokehouse is open!

You probably already know that, because all the usual bloggers and vloggers have already posted their rave reviews.

It seems like a hit.  Everyone particularly seems to like the different and unique special barbecue sauces created for the new restaurant, which are available at the sauce bar.

The TCD gang didn’t make it to opening day, but we did make it last weekend.  I had to wait at the sauce bar while a CM replenished the signature sauce, and this is what I saw:

AF83DF1C-6A6C-4F2B-84FF-29B58EE458C3.jpe

C6836A24-DE57-442A-A140-EA0DD82FEFD5.jpe

LOL 

TCD

Reminds me of the time I was working a concession stand at a college football game so was there during setup time. I took a picture of the young woman at the Fresh Squeezed Lemonade! stand pouring 2 liter bottles of Minute Maid lemonade into the dispensing container. 

Is the new BBQ place counter service? 

8 minutes ago, Seals said:

Reminds me of the time I was working a concession stand at a college football game so was there during setup time. I took a picture of the young woman at the Fresh Squeezed Lemonade! stand pouring 2 liter bottles of Minute Maid lemonade into the dispensing container. 

Is the new BBQ place counter service? 

Yes it’s counter service, and it was actually pretty good. Of course it’s grossly overpriced, but that’s how it is at Disney.  I’m going to look for Ken’s barbecue sauce the next time I’m at the store. 

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yes it’s counter service, and it was actually pretty good. Of course it’s grossly overpriced, but that’s how it is at Disney.  I’m going to look for Ken’s barbecue sauce the next time I’m at the store. 

TCD

BBQ (other than a good brisket) is one thing I won't buy while eating out.

It's too easy to make good BBQ at home for a lot less $$$.

Also, if you have a GFS Store in your area, they have that sauce and the Ken's Boom Boom Sauce (A taste comprised from a fiery varietal of chili peppers, with savory notes from garlic and a hint of smoky paprika spice. Body is of medium viscosity with bright orange color, having red pepper and shallot pieces throughout) for $16.89 a gallon bottle.  

No shipping fees and no waiting.

And if you want to check out Ken's entire line.

https://www.kensfoodservice.com/products

They have a very large variety of products

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Also, if you have a GFS Store in your area, they have that sauce and the Ken's Boom Boom Sauce (A taste comprised from a fiery varietal of chili peppers, with savory notes from garlic and a hint of smoky paprika spice. Body is of medium viscosity with bright orange color, having red pepper and shallot pieces throughout) for $16.89 a gallon bottle.  

No shipping fees and no waiting.

And if you want to check out Ken's entire line.

https://www.kensfoodservice.com/products

They have a very large variety of products

The next time I’m there, I’m going to take a peek under the cabinet, and I’ll bet I will see Ken’s entire line!

TCD 

59 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The next time I’m there, I’m going to take a peek under the cabinet, and I’ll bet I will see Ken’s entire line!

TCD 

It's funny that they even brought out the jugs without taking the names off of them.

Just in case customers were around and had the illusion of trained chefs mixing up a special batch of sauce ruined!

20 hours ago, Travisma said:

I love Webstaurant Store. I've gotten lots of great kitchen stuff there cheap.  Never thought to look for vats of condiments.  LOL

23 minutes ago, Travisma said:

It's funny that they even brought out the jugs without taking the names off of them.

Just in case customers were around and had the illusion of trained chefs mixing up a special batch of sauce ruined!

That there is just bad show.