2019 Fort Wilderness Fourth of July Golf Cart Parade

I overheated the camera, but managed to get all the carts, marching bands, cast members, police cars and firetrucks.  There is even a unicycle and a potbellied pig!  Enjoy!

I have the fireworks for 4th of July as well and they are taken from the Poly, where I partied with the rockstars!  (old, old joke)  I am going to put them on another thread.

17 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

I think in addition to overheating the camera, I soaked my clothes in sweat.  I needed to be on a cart for a breeze!

Yes it was hot and no breeze.  Any idea who won if there were multiple categories.  FB had someone post they won first place, was not that impressed.

2 horses, 1 marching band and 1 uni-cycle rider and many, many carts.  Some decorated to the nines and others not so much, but looked like all were having fun.

Did any of the carts have marching or patriotic music playing? 

My favorite cart was the one with the flags of the Marines, Navy, Army and Coast Guard.

Jen, thanks for the photo of the carts all lined up in the big group waiting to start.

6 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

2 horses, 1 marching band and 1 uni-cycle rider and many, many carts.  Some decorated to the nines and others not so much, but looked like all were having fun.

Did any of the carts have marching or patriotic music playing? 

My favorite cart was the one with the flags of the Marines, Navy, Army and Coast Guard.

Jen, thanks for the photo of the carts all lined up in the big group waiting to start.

I was the cart behind him, his center flag was so high, he hit the trees at the the end of the road near the 100 loop.  We thought someone crashed!

There was a lot of music being played. 

1 hour ago, PGHFiend said:

I was the cart behind him, his center flag was so high, he hit the trees at the the end of the road near the 100 loop.  We thought someone crashed!

There was a lot of music being played. 

Hope no one was hurt.  Good on the music, 'cause what's a parade without music?