Margaritaville resort now has a campground open. $85 a night is still pricey, but it is roughly half of the Fort. Looks like they have golf cart rental...not sure if private carts are allowed. The water park and beach area looks pretty nice, and you can actually get in the water!

Edit...just called them. Private carts are allowed and you can take them from the campground down to the water park and restaurant areas.

https://www.lanierislands.com/margaritaville

Ooops, I spoke too soon, they sound kind of snooty, they have the 10 year rule on rigs (you can get approval for well taken care of rigs), and no tents, and I bet popups are not allowed.

No outside yard art, and only "limited" outside furniture.

51 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Ooops, I spoke too soon, they sound kind of snooty, they have the 10 year rule on rigs (you can get approval for well taken care of rigs), and no tents, and I bet popups are not allowed.

Probably no bus either since I am also over 10 years old. Bummer

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

OH, it's one of those places.

I got a bunch of FB posts about RV resorts in Central FL.  They were I think $39 a night on weekends and then I got another for $19 a weeknight.

I looked at a few of them, they were over 55 and the aerial view it looked like one of those permanent type of places with cabins, and big rigs.

I don't think my PUP would be welcome there either.

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

That and (for us), not worth it for what it offers.  We live about an hour from this property and the GA FB page has several posts on it.  Sites are decent, but landscaping is bare as it's a new property.  The no-go for us, is the price includes NO amenities (pool, playground), etc.   They'll offer you a discount on the water park, but that just adds to the already expensive rate.