IMPOSSiBLE to book a Halloween 2020 Trip

Getting very frustrated , been trying to book our Halloween trip for 2020 : as soon as new rates opened and timing (499 days) allowed us we attempted to book our trip for Halloween 2020. Tried both online and via phone to no avail. Is Disney blocking sites ? I can’t believe it totally booked solid instantly ? Any new tricks ? Used to booking different days and piecing together etc ... I get Halloween on a Saturday is busier but instantly sold out ? Crazy 

Looking for Oct 25- Nov 2 2020

premuum meadow 

24 minutes ago, Cheftjpeck said:

Getting very frustrated , been trying to book our Halloween trip for 2020 : as soon as new rates opened and timing (499 days) allowed us we attempted to book our trip for Halloween 2020. Tried both online and via phone to no avail. Is Disney blocking sites ? I can’t believe it totally booked solid instantly ? Any new tricks ? Used to booking different days and piecing together etc ... I get Halloween on a Saturday is busier but instantly sold out ? Crazy 

premuum meadow 

Let JASON do it, no cost and no headache for you.

It's possible they didn't open the date, as they haven't gotten word on the final decision on rates. 

When I worked for a hotel chain, it was normal to hold special events closed until special event rates could be decided upon.  Sometimes, the bigwigs were not available to make the final decisions, by the time we were ready to open the rooms 1 year in advance of the event.  We regularly held Mardi Gras,  Superbowl, Fiesta and other events closed for up to a week after the 1 year opening period, in order to make sure the agreed upon special event rates were in place.  Maybe Disney's just running late on their rate decisions.

3 hours ago, Cheftjpeck said:

premuum meadow 

There is a Fort FB site that is run in part by a different travel agent.

They claimed that they booked over 500 sites for their clients within a couple of days of the availability being open.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I had the same trouble booking for Halloween 2020.  I kept adding to my trip to be within the 499 days, so I was booked up until 11/31. I called at 7:10 AM to add the night of the 31st on my 499th day and they were already sold out for any loop, I was hoping for a Premium Meadow site.  I did book for November 1st, just in case the 31st opens up and we can stay through the weekend.  I wounder if it is so booked in 2020 because Halloween falls on a weekend and the kids are not in school. 

Today I booked for the first week in December 2020 and had to beg a cast member to find me a spot.  The only way I got a reservation is because I waited on the line for 45 minutes and then got transferred to dining at Paris Disney.  It took 2 1/2 hours to get the reservation, but I succeeded. It is so hard to plan that far in advance.  

Also, I had a Premium site reserved for Spring of 2020, and I had to call and change it to a Premium Meadow site to be sure we get one of the loops that we like.  The original reservation was made 499 days ahead, but I converted the reservation as soon as I found out about the change in loop designation.

If anyone knows how to get reservations more easily, please respond.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, Cavalier Cuddler said:

Hello, I had the same trouble booking for Halloween 2020.  I kept adding to my trip to be within the 499 days, so I was booked up until 11/31. I called at 7:10 AM to add the night of the 31st on my 499th day and they were already sold out for any loop, I was hoping for a Premium Meadow site.  I did book for November 1st, just in case the 31st opens up and we can stay through the weekend.  I wounder if it is so booked in 2020 because Halloween falls on a weekend and the kids are not in school. 

Today I booked for the first week in December 2020 and had to beg a cast member to find me a spot.  The only way I got a reservation is because I waited on the line for 45 minutes and then got transferred to dining at Paris Disney.  It took 2 1/2 hours to get the reservation, but I succeeded. It is so hard to plan that far in advance.  

Also, I had a Premium site reserved for Spring of 2020, and I had to call and change it to a Premium Meadow site to be sure we get one of the loops that we like.  The original reservation was made 499 days ahead, but I converted the reservation as soon as I found out about the change in loop designation.

If anyone knows how to get reservations more easily, please respond.  Thank you.

Halloween at the Fort books up fast normally, but being on a weekend is definitely a much bigger deal. 

Unfortunately there aren't any tricks to getting a reservation, just time and persistence. 

Or letting a good travel agent (like Jason) do the work for you.  🙂

On 7/15/2019 at 11:33 AM, Travisma said:

There is a Fort FB site that is run in part by a different travel agent.

They claimed that they booked over 500 sites for their clients within a couple of days of the availability being open.

If it is the same page I am thinking of, that TA has a staff of five people and they spent almost every minute of those days on the phone and computer.  Because of this fact, I use TAs now and let them do the work because I just don't have that amount of time.  I understand they get paid to do that, but if I want to go on a busy time, I don't have the patience either to deal with the show.

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Cheftjpeck said:

Have premium meadow 

oct 24-29 reservation

oct 29-30 reservation 

nov 1-4 reservation 

just need the big dates .. uugghgh

oct 30-1 

hoping something frees up this summer for those dates - I know last year we got some dates for Oct 2019 in September 

Contact Jason  our Travel Agent in residence and turn your reservations over to him and let him work on it for you.  Doesn't cost you any  extra money, Mickey pays him..

[email protected]