4 hours ago, Travisma said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no electric in the cars, so no lights at night?

Also I saw a picture of an emergency call button/intercom?  Battery operated and two way radio?

There is lightning in the cars, under the benches dimly lighting the floor. I saw the call boxes. I assume all of that is run by some low voltage electricity. 

TCD

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the tip about free snacks. I'll be looking for those in about 4 hours from now.  TCD

According to a news story on WESH 2,  WDW announced September 29th as opening day. Disney Skyliner gondolas opening date announced - WESH Orlando   https://www.wesh.com/article/disney

OK, you've seen the videos and heard the reviews of the Pixie Dust pumpers, but here's the truth: the TCD gang likes the Skyliner. The twins and I got to ride it during a castmember preview last night

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

There is lightning in the cars, under the benches dimly lighting the floor. I saw the call boxes. I assume all of that is run by some low voltage electricity. 

TCD

Maybe solar charging batteries?

I had read previously that the cars are not energized... until they get zapped by lightning! :lol:

On 9/30/2019 at 5:08 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Been there done that. When its busy, they load 8-10 guests in each car, so you get to ride in a confined space with strangers. There's no music or engine noise so there are no private conversations. On one of our rides we got to witness some horrible parenting with a mom saying horrible things to her little 3-4 year old boy who was justifiably antsy, and the hen pecked dad sitting there and pretending nothing was wrong. On another ride we got to hear a 40 year old man mansplain everything about the changes coming to Epcot, the Riveria Resort and the Skyliner. I thought the twins' eyes would roll out of their heads- this guy got so much wrong. They got a huge laugh out of him. On yet another ride, a 60+ year old dude answered his flip phone and had a 10 minute conversation with an equally hard of hearing buddy. We all loved that. 

TCD

Oh... no.  Nope. Nope. Nope.

Well that didnt take long. I dont think we will ever get on them. My mom is in an ecv so that limits us some. That and we really have no reason to get on them u less we are resort hopping.

I feel bad for all of those stuck in there for so long. What if you had to use the restroom. That wouldnt end well.

The note pad is a nice touch. I guess it is to write last thoughts to your loved ones or maybe a quick update to your will. I had already decided I would never ride these during the day but if the potential is to get stuck for 3 hours I'm not sure I would ride them even at night.

8 hours ago, keith_h said:

The note pad is a nice touch. I guess it is to write last thoughts to your loved ones or maybe a quick update to your will. I had already decided I would never ride these during the day but if the potential is to get stuck for 3 hours I'm not sure I would ride them even at night.

I saw a post on FB from someone that said they had a lovely view of the fireworks. 

That there is what you call an optimist. 

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I saw a post on FB from someone that said they had a lovely view of the fireworks. 

That there is what you call an optimist. 

There is def 2 ways of thinking about this. I saw a twitter post of a mom asking her daughter if she wanted to go back on and she said yes, it was fun. Then there was a post of a picture “a kid” made about I hate Disney and why did you do this to me. I have to wonder how many people are trying to make it worse in hopes of getting extra stuff. I mean it totally sucks and I wouldn’t ever want to be stuck like that but I’d hope I’d make it a positive experience for my kids ( not o mention my kids would be in trouble for using the word hate 😂)

5 minutes ago, Beckers said:

There is def 2 ways of thinking about this. I saw a twitter post of a mom asking her daughter if she wanted to go back on and she said yes, it was fun. Then there was a post of a picture “a kid” made about I hate Disney and why did you do this to me. I have to wonder how many people are trying to make it worse in hopes of getting extra stuff. I mean it totally sucks and I wouldn’t ever want to be stuck like that but I’d hope I’d make it a positive experience for my kids ( not o mention my kids would be in trouble for using the word hate 😂)

Agreed.  I saw a bunch of FB chatter on both sides - some saying essentially "stuff happens, you make the best of it" and some internet shouting "OMG THEY'D BE PAYING FOR MY TRIP INCLUDING AIRFARE"  (sigh)

I expect the latter are the same people that angrily demand "compensation" every time any little thing doesn't go as planned on their trip, whether is was in Disney's control or not.

I also expect that Disney did something for those people to make up for the situation, as they usually do. 

33 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Agreed.  I saw a bunch of FB chatter on both sides - some saying essentially "stuff happens, you make the best of it" and some internet shouting "OMG THEY'D BE PAYING FOR MY TRIP INCLUDING AIRFARE"  (sigh)

I expect the latter are the same people that angrily demand "compensation" every time any little thing doesn't go as planned on their trip, whether is was in Disney's control or not.

I also expect that Disney did something for those people to make up for the situation, as they usually do. 

If I had to witness (or had to myself) someone pooping in one of those bags then yeah they would owe me some stuff lol

46 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I really think you need to take into account who you are stuck in the gondola with. On the trip where we got stopped for a few minutes, there were three of us on one bench, and four large people across from us. The guy across from me was definitely crossing the imaginary line of demarcation into my foot space, and the four of them were annoying to listen to as they griped about the delay. I would not have made it to the first hour with that group. If I wasn't able to push them out, I guess I'd have to McGiver something to rappel out of there. 

TCD

19 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

If I had to witness (or had to myself) someone pooping in one of those bags then yeah they would owe me some stuff lol

Fair point!

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I really think you need to take into account who you are stuck in the gondola with. On the trip where we got stopped for a few minutes, there were three of us on one bench, and four large people across from us. The guy across from me was definitely crossing the imaginary line of demarcation into my foot space, and the four of them were annoying to listen to as they griped about the delay. I would not have made it to the first hour with that group. If I wasn't able to push them out, I guess I'd have to McGiver something to rappel out of there. 

TCD

Oof... also a good point.

So I guess if I'm planning to ride this I should add paper clips, ballpoint pens, duct tape and bungee cords to my park bag.

6 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

And another thing about those bags.....who thought that was a good idea? I'm pretty sure pooing in a bag is a 2 person operation even for the most flexible human. They should have put in some miniature bomb bay doors in the floor....."look out below"!

This is to funny my family thinks I am laughing at the TV but it's just your post.