Indiana Jones 5 to start filming

https://chipandco.com/indiana-jones-5-set-to-begin-filming-in-2020-360290/

unnamed-41.jpg?resize=600%2C408&is-pendi

Indiana Jones 5 Set to Begin Filming in 2020. After several film schedule changes, lead writer replacement, and a completely new script causing a 2-year delay, Indiana Jones 5 is finally ready to begin filming.

The fifth film in the Indiana Jones franchise was originally scheduled to premiere in theaters during 2019. Obviously that time has come and gone and it was previously reported that the film would begin filming in April of this year. April came and went without even a hint of progress and fans started to wonder if Lucasfilm would ever get around to making a fifth Indy film.

It is now being reported by Comicbook.com, that Walt Disney Studios and Lucasfilm decided to push back production for the film in favor of a new script with a new writer. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull writer, David Koepp, left the project and was replaced with This is Us creator, Dan Fogelman.

unnamed-1-34.jpg?resize=600%2C257&is-pen

Fogelman has been tasked with creating the new script for the entire film with a scheduled production date to begin filming in London starting in April of 2020.

“It’s always worth the trip when I get to work with this deep bench of talent coming out of the UK,” Executive Producer Steven Spielberg said during the Empire Awards. “The actors, and the crew, the chippies, the sparks, the drivers — everybody who has helped me make my movies here, and will continue helping me make my movies here when I come back in April 2019 to make the fifth Indiana Jones movie right here.”

Rumors also swirled that Indiana Jones himself, Harrison Ford, may be replaced by a younger actor to portray the professor and enthusiastic archeologist. Ford shut down those rumors rather quickly with a straight to the point response.

“Nobody is going to be Indiana Jones,” Ford said. “Don’t you get it? I’m Indiana Jones. When I’m gone, he’s gone. It’s easy.”

unnamed-2-24.jpg?resize=600%2C323&is-pen

Production for the untitled Indiana Jones 5 project is set to begin in April of 2020 and is scheduled to premiere in theaters on July 9, 2021.

Photo Credit: Disney/Lucasfilm