Primeval Whirl still down, closed until end of Sept.

https://chipandco.com/primeval-whirl-refurbishment-extended-until-end-of-september-360717/

Primeval Whirl refurbishment has been extended until September 28th according to OrlandoParkNews.com.The beloved zany time machine ride featuring a series of sudden dips and hair raising spins whilst taking guests in their own time machines through the Cretaceous Age! Look out for the cartoon dinosaurs and impending extinction as guests glimpse at a shower of kooky meteors!

The extended refurbishment of Primeval Whirl at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is to fix major technical issues which is taking longer than expected and therefore will not reopen to Guests anytime soon. The ride was set to open on August 3rd but will now open on the 28th September.

57 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I wouldn't care if it stayed down. I never really understood that ride. It is small and appeals to kids, but yet has a 48" height requirement. By the time my kids were 48" they had no interest in it.

It's just a wild mouse ride on steroids. 

Busch Gardens has a similar ride but it's more like the original wild mouse ride.

That entire area doesn't seem to fit into the rest of AK.

On 8/5/2019 at 2:37 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Every time I've been on it I required a chiropractic adjustment after.

The Goofy ride at Disneyland (Goofy's Sky School) is the same ride but without the spinning cars, and I thought it was atrocious. The spinning cars actually make the ride better, but it's still a whiplash-inducing ride for sure. 

49 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

The Goofy ride at Disneyland (Goofy's Sky School) is the same ride but without the spinning cars, and I thought it was atrocious. The spinning cars actually make the ride better, but it's still a whiplash-inducing ride for sure. 

I think Primeval Whirl would actually be fun if the cars were padded a bit. It throws you back and forth in the car so hard I came off it with bruises.

18 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I think Primeval Whirl would actually be fun if the cars were padded a bit. It throws you back and forth in the car so hard I came off it with bruises.

Well if you fill up the seat with some fluffy sized people you don't need to worry about moving around and getting banged up! :P