Heading home from Richmond VA on 95 after the 4th of July (2019). Spent the night in Fayettville and headed south. The coach started to run rough and we pulled off at a rest stop. Was having trouble getting up to highway speeds and wouldn't hold. Kept downshifting on even minor grades. Limped from rest area to rest area. Called about a tow, $1,600 to the closest diesel shop (Bulldog towing). They couldn't get to us until the next day but were kind enough to give us the name of a shop in Savannah, GA. I called and they said if I could get it there they would be glad to look at it. We limped in before dark that evening and they checked it out. Turned out to be a clogged fuel filter. They had a hard time finding the right filter but we were fixed up the next day by 2:00pm. 

The shop is W.W. Williams and they are open until 2:30am. great bunch to work with and they also do Allison Transmissions. They have 30 and 50amp plug ins and water (No dump or sewer). Couldn't have been happier on the service, very fair on pricing. I now have spare fuel filters which I should have had all along!

W.W. Williams 14 Westgate Boulavard, Savannah, GA 31405 PH: (912) 232-2601

Service on a C-13 Cat. 2006 Country Coach Magna Class A

Thanks all. It could have been a lot more painful than it was. I believe in passing it forward when I get good service since it doesn't seem to be today's norm. Also, I couldn't believe there was a heavy duty truck repair shop open until 2:30am. Lastly, this place is an authorized Allison transmission service center. That alone could come in handy on a north or southbound 95 trip.

1 hour ago, PGHFiend said:

Diesel owners should always carry a spare fuel filter. Easy to change and usually a good place to start. 

Glad you got it fixed up!

Yeah, I know. Pure procrastination on my part. Kept saying, I need to get some spares and keep a little can of diesel but it just went on the back burner. Resolved that problem now for sure.

2 hours ago, Country Coach Guy said:

Yeah, I know. Pure procrastination on my part. Kept saying, I need to get some spares and keep a little can of diesel but it just went on the back burner. Resolved that problem now for sure.

Two diesel mechs that I know use the grey/silver bottle of Power Service additive as a primer for the filter. Much easier to  keep around.