Reservations for experiences at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opened today

18 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

A fellow Mouse Counselor got us reservations for Oga's. I have a reservation for Savi's. Can't wait to make my lightsaber. 

My daughter choose droid which is cheaper so I was good with that.

12 hours ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

My husband is saving up for his lightsaber.  We are going to watch the results of the experience over the next year, to decide if it will be worth it. 

Same here with the Droid I know it will not be worth it, but the experience of building it may be worth it for my daughter. 

We got two reservations for Oga's in October. Started trying as soon as they went live, but the system crashed several times. I had reservations in my 'cart' a couple of times and then an error message. When the dust settled everything seemed to be booked, but I tried at 6 am the next day and was able to get two lunch reservations while we're there. Which is a misnomer, as there's not actually any food to be purchased...

1 hour ago, shoreline99 said:

We got two reservations for Oga's in October.

was able to get two lunch reservations while we're there. Which is a misnomer, as there's not actually any food to be purchased...

What do you mean they have no food for purchase? They’ve got oatmeal for breakfast and for lunch and dinner you can get 

Batuu Bits 

Crispy Galaxy Snack Bits with Spiced Chermoula Dip 

$8.00

Whatever that is. I too was able to grab a couple solo lunch reservations in November. But I’m definitely not going there for the beer or food. I don’t really drink alcohol  but will have a beer on occasion but who the heck wants lavender or banana flavored beer?

I wish they would have at least one normal beer and a couple of food options

1 hour ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

What do you mean they have no food for purchase? They’ve got oatmeal for breakfast and for lunch and dinner you can get 

Batuu Bits 

Crispy Galaxy Snack Bits with Spiced Chermoula Dip 

$8.00

Whatever that is. I too was able to grab a couple solo lunch reservations in November. But I’m definitely not going there for the beer or food. I don’t really drink alcohol  but will have a beer on occasion but who the heck wants lavender or banana flavored beer?

I wish they would have at least one normal beer and a couple of food options

la-1559339732-mytu2xk27c-snap-image

For those of you pumped about a visit to Oga's Cantina, I suggest that you lower your expectations. A lot. 

I had my second visit there last night for s passholder preview. It was a lot more crowded than for the CM preview I attended. That is probably how it will be when it's open to the public.  

In case you don't already know, there is very little seating in the Cantina. It's mostly standing room. No stools at the bar, and the bar is circled by large high top tables with no stools. There are large booths on the exterior walls which do have seating. For the previews, a host assigns your seating. Parties are expected to share the tables, and are grouped together at the tables. 

The mixed drink menu is fixed because all of the drinks are pre-made. The glasses are very small. Even for the beer. The prices are outrageous, even for Disney. The mixed drinks go for $15-17 a pop, and beers $13-14. For very small portions. 

The animatronic DJ is fun. But not at these prices.  

I think comparing this bar to Tradet Sam's is fair.  The drinks are bigger and cheaper at Trader Sam's, and the atmosphere is more fun. And Trader Sam's has barstools.  This place, like the rest of Galaxy's Edge is a blatant money grab that could have and should have been better. 

Yall have fun. I'm not going back. 

TCD

10 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

For those of you pumped about a visit to Oga's Cantina, I suggest that you lower your expectations. A lot. 

I had my second visit there last night for s passholder preview. It was a lot more crowded than for the CM preview I attended. That is probably how it will be when it's open to the public.  

In case you don't already know, there is very little seating in the Cantina. It's mostly standing room. No stools at the bar, and the bar is circled by large high top tables with no stools. There are large booths on the exterior walls which do have seating. For the previews, a host assigns your seating. Parties are expected to share the tables, and are grouped together at the tables. 

The mixed drink menu is fixed because all of the drinks are pre-made. The glasses are very small. Even for the beer. The prices are outrageous, even for Disney. The mixed drinks go for $15-17 a pop, and beers $13-14. For very small portions. 

I think comparing this bar to Tradet Sam's is fair.  The drinks are bigger and cheaper at Trader Sam's, and the atmosphere is more fun. And Trader Sam's has barstools.  This place, like the rest of Galaxy's Edge is a blatant money grab that could have and should have been better. 

TCD

TCD, tell us how you really feel... :lol:

11 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

I had reached these conclusions also and I haven't even been. I looked at the menu after I made my reservation, I thought they had food. I will most likely cancel our reservation.

Pre-made small drinks for $17?!?!?! That's a hard pass for me. The more I see of GE the more I am "meh" about it. Smuggler's Run looks boring. I hope RotR is worth it. At least with Pandora we got a sit down restaurant and a game changing "ride". It also doesn't help matters that the last Star Wars movie was absolutely awful.

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Pre-made small drinks for $17?!?!?! That's a hard pass for me. The more I see of GE the more I am "meh" about it. Smuggler's Run looks boring. I hope RotR is worth it. At least with Pandora we got a sit down restaurant and a game changing "ride". It also doesn't help matters that the last Star Wars movie was absolutely awful.

Smuggler's Run is a good ride.  But it's really just an improved version of Star Tours. 

The quick serve restaurant in Galaxy's Edge does have indoor air conditioned seating. But the indoor space is too small, and they're charging $16-18 for quick serve entrees that are definitely on the small side.

Allegedly the Rise of the Resistance ride is going to be ground breaking, but I've heard a lot of rumors about technical glitches, and that could be a huge problem. 

TCD

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Smuggler's Run is a good ride.  But it's really just an improved version of Star Tours. 

The quick serve restaurant in Galaxy's Edge does have indoor air conditioned seating. But the indoor space is too small, and they're charging $16-18 for quick serve entrees that are definitely on the small side.

Allegedly the Rise of the Resistance ride is going to be ground breaking, but I've heard a lot of rumors about technical glitches, and that could be a huge problem. 

TCD

I saw a FB post about ROR( so it must be true), that the contractors either messed up on the roof drains or didn't get them installed in time, causing flooding inside  ruining a lot of the equipment/electronics that was already in place.

I can't find the original post, and I haven't seen any other mention of that happening.

The poster said he would be very surprised that the ride will open in time due to the extensive damage.

Could be true, could be a Troll, who knows anymore...

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

How is Smuggler's Run without 3D? I always liked that about Star Tours. It seems without 3D it would just look like a tv screen in the window.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

I saw a FB post about ROR( so it must be true), that the contractors either messed up on the roof drains or didn't get them installed in time, causing flooding inside  ruining a lot of the equipment/electronics that was already in place.

I can't find the original post, and I haven't seen any other mention of that happening.

The poster said he would be very surprised that the ride will open in time due to the extensive damage.

Could be true, could be a Troll, who knows anymore...

I saw that post too. It's plausible, but DL ride is delayed too. It is hard to believe it is building related possibly on both. I would put my money on ride technology or associated hardware issues.

11 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

How is Smuggler's Run without 3D? I always liked that about Star Tours. It seems without 3D it would just look like a tv screen in the window.

I think it works great without the 3D because the screens wrap around the cockpit, and respond to what the six passengers in the capsule are doing. But, even with that, you know you're in a simulator, and there certainly is no sensation that you're flying. It's a good simulator ride. Not anywhere near as unique or intense as FOP. 

TCD

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I think it works great without the 3D because the screens wrap around the cockpit, and respond to what the six passengers in the capsule are doing. But, even with that, you know you're in a simulator, and there certainly is no sensation that you're flying. It's a good simulator ride. Not anywhere near as unique or intense as FOP. 

TCD

Ok last question. Is there any movement to the pod that you're in or do only the screens react?

Just now, ImDownWithDisney said:

Ok last question. Is there any movement to the pod that you're in or do only the screens react?

Yes the pod moves and shakes, and turns slightly left and right. I'd say a bit more than Star Tours, but not much more. 

SPOILER ALERT- one thing that irks me is that there's a drop segment where you tip forward and fall straight down. It's the same tired gimmick that you see in Mission Space and Star Tours (and even the Wild Artic ride is Sea World). I guess because the simulator can do that, it does. Every time. No matter what the pilots do. Stupid. 

TCD