Characters to Visit Resorts

DISNEY CHARACTERS ARE SET TO VISIT VARIOUS WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORTS

Disney just announced that 15 different characters will begin exploring various Walt Disney World hotels.  Here’s the details:

You should expect to find these characters popping up at random times through the day at Walt Disney World Resort Hotels:
Alice, Chip n Dale, Daisy, Donald, Goofy, Lilo, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Mickey, Minnie, Pooh, Pluto Stitch, Tigger.

It’s expected that some of the characters will be wearing costumes that are not usually worn in the parks.  The meets are not on a certain schedule, and they could appear at the pool or wandering the lobby area.

For example you might find Chip n Dale gathering acorns at the Wilderness Lodge or playing games on the lawn at the Contemporary Resort.

You might find Lilo and Stitch wandering the Polynesian Village Resort or greeting guests in the longhouse.  Mickey and Pluto might pop in to play some fetch with guests.

Maybe you’ll find Mary Poppins being Practically Perfect in every way at the Grand Floridian or Pooh may be searching for hunny while Tigger could be bouncing on the lawn.  You might find Alice and Mad Hatter offering a special Tea Party by the pool.

You might find Minnie and the gang at the Yacht & Beach Club or BoardWalk Resorts taking a dip at the pool.

There’s no guarantee how long the characters will appear and again, there is no set schedules.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2019/08/08/disney-characters-are-set-to-visit-various-walt-disney-world-resorts/?fbclid=IwAR1b-2lE3NSfU2D_EVI6VqnP9wdZeqZQCmrxdSVQWY4VR8CZ_U_5Zh2-7MM

This type of character interaction is one of my fondest memories from my first trips to WDW.  Pluto stood in line behind my mom at our very first Contemporary check-in way back in the 70's.  She turned around and must have jumped a foot - we thought it was hysterical.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:19 PM, kadancer said:

This type of character interaction is one of my fondest memories from my first trips to WDW.  

It's been a long time since the characters where able to just wander the parks without being mobbed.  Roaming the resorts seems very doable ... and fun!

11 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

This is fine as long as it isn't a substitute for something else.

Agreed.

It sounds to me like this is a pretty easy (and relatively cheap) way for Disney to add something "extra" at the resorts.  And of course advertise that "staying at Disney means a chance to meet your favorite characters right at your resort!"

#Marketing!