February 2011 Trip Report From TCD

And please try to find one stinkin picture of food on your card. I find it hard to believe that a man can take 6,000 pictures during a weekend and not one is of food...unless it's of him posing horribly with a sausage. :parrot:

DAVE...PLEASE BE CONTENT WITH THE BISCUIT AND GRAVY PHOTOS! PLEASE DON'T PROVOKE HIM INTO RE-POSTING THE SAUSAGE PHOTO! PLEAAAASSSSEEEE!!! I'VE ONLY RECENTLY PURGED THE IMAGE FROM MY HEAD! :rofl2: (I can impose severe retaliation with a certain disco video... I'm a star, you're a star...) :rofl2:

Great installments TCD! Love the squirrels, not the truck ornamentation....nor the sticker explaining said ornamentation.

Don't listen to Dave. You have posted photos of Biscuits and gravy, sticky buns and oatmeal. Job well done. ;)

I never knew about the nautical flags spelling pirrhana in pool. Cool.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I continue to be astounded at the decisions being made "over there." Speaking for myself, I have no desire to be hostile to anyone. The success of our site is entirely independent of the success of th

OK, stand back. DaveinTN has requested an update, and By Golly, he's going to get one! I've got 30 new photos loaded, so let's knock this one out! It's still Saturday morning. I have been away from th

Yes. I’m back. It’s really me. I was just taking a break. For those of you who are not familiar with me, I do that from time to time. In this case, I have taken a permanent break from the place where

No sausage pictures. Please. :blink:

Nice pics of the horses - that is one place we will definitely go to this year - DD is due for a pony ride. :dance:

Bus from DHS? Yuck. We drove there in 5 min. I have to be honest, though, we had to meet someone at a certain time for a free pass so we didn't wanna be late.

I also am wondering where is Rocky?

And the answer is...SCRABBLE!

It's me, Norm, the one and only genuine Troll, the hater of blowups, especially ones that depict the baby Jesus!

OMG Norm, you just reminded me of my favorite snarky saying from our November trip...

"nothing says Christmas like a blowup baby Jesus!"

:rofl3:

I'm writing a WDW behind the scenes book from a CM's point of view, all in nautical flags. It's going to be a page turner. Albeit a very slow page turner.

reading.gif?w=640

:rofl2:

I got in trouble there a few weeks ago for posting a cryptic message in a private message that told someone where to find us. Apparently, they were an undercover spy. The funny thing is, I lost my private message priveledges, so they can't tell me because I can't received private messages!

Every time I go there these days, my computer takes waaay too long to download the site so i give up. I think God is trying to tell me to just stay where I am. :heart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ZT5sajkys

Sorry, if that was me who got you into trouble. I'm not really a spy. I was just wondering where everyone went. Again if that was me sorry.

So, I have been following along with this trip report and loving every moment of it. Of course earlier today I think I was getting a message from above that I really needed to work on my daughters' end of year progress reports, grades and attendance records because my internet service was annoyingly slow. So, now that our school year is officially over :banana: I can read along and post replies. Now if Yahoo mail would just realize that a reply from TCD posting in his trip report is NOT SPAM then all would be right with the world.

Nope.

I was quoting Dug from UP!

Please tell me that you and the kids have seen it.

If not, you must.

Tangled too.

TCD

We have seen both, and agreed they are both great movies. We just saw Tangled a few weeks ago and all three loved it, even my oldest boy.

Here you go guys cowgirlwhip.gif

I cant believe I missed this TR - Where was the Big announcement that TCD was here? We need a scrolling banner or something - there is so much going on these days - I can't keep up! Doodle - I love this little Whip smiley - Im not sure why. I have a screen shot of TCD's exit speech from Voldemort (at least Im pretty sure I still have it) but like TCD said - the past is the past - this place is so much better than the other anyway. Welcome home TCD!

TCD, I have followed along all this way, reading this great report when I should be "workin' for da man, as well as skipping out on all of the honey do's that my wife expects of me... But as I read along I feel as if there is something missing in the report...

We need to get a Rocky report.... Where is the official dog of the TCD clan?

Thank you for your dedication.

We need more loyal Fiends like you!

Stick it to the man.

And, you are right, this trip does need some Rocky pic's.

Please stand by.

Hey TCD, after reading this post I realized it had been awhile since I checked on this project, so I did a little digging. It looks like they fired it back up, they resubitted in March and the ERP permit was issued on April 22, 2011. That means they are clear to get a construction permit, so everyone keep an eye out for it. I'm guessing all this permitting activity might mean things are going to start moving.

WBI

Well done!

I have been meaning to check on this, but, truthfully, after what I had seen at the Fort not just on this trip, but on some subsequent trips up to even earlier this month, I thought the project was put on the back burner.

But then you found the application for the new pavilion, and now this bit of news about the permit.

So, it looks like it is back on!

That means a lot more TCD investigative reports!

DAVE...PLEASE BE CONTENT WITH THE BISCUIT AND GRAVY PHOTOS! PLEASE DON'T PROVOKE HIM INTO RE-POSTING THE SAUSAGE PHOTO! PLEAAAASSSSEEEE!!! I'VE ONLY RECENTLY PURGED THE IMAGE FROM MY HEAD! :rofl2: (I can impose severe retaliation with a certain disco video... I'm a star, you're a star...) :rofl2:

Great installments TCD! Love the squirrels, not the truck ornamentation....nor the sticker explaining said ornamentation.

Don't listen to Dave. You have posted photos of Biscuits and gravy, sticky buns and oatmeal. Job well done. ;)

I never knew about the nautical flags spelling pirrhana in pool. Cool.

This reminds me of the Cold War.

You have your SB video.

I have my sausage photo.

Neither of us dare use these weapons, in fear of the horrible fallout.

I sure hope neither of us blinks.

No sausage pictures. Please. :blink:

Nice pics of the horses - that is one place we will definitely go to this year - DD is due for a pony ride. :dance:

Bus from DHS? Yuck. We drove there in 5 min. I have to be honest, though, we had to meet someone at a certain time for a free pass so we didn't wanna be late.

I also am wondering where is Rocky?

What's wrong with the bus to Hollywood Studios?

I use it all the time.

But you are right, it could make you late.

That's two requests for a Rocky update.

Please stand by.

Nice trip report. Glad to hear positives about 2000 loop as we may be in it July 4th if we change to tent site. Thanks for the pictures.

I personally was banned from the old place! Best thing that ever happened!

Well, you could also get a site on the 1500 loop.

Since y'all usually get a golf cart, don't worry about the 2000 loop. It really is fine.

As you know, the whole Fort is crazy on the 4th, so I doubt the 2000 loop will be any worse than the other loops.

TCD

I am, I am indeed! LOL Cornholio, huuuhhhh, hhuuuuuuhhh... he said corn... huuuhhuuuuh, and hole!

ShantaClausSm.png

Good Grief!

What have I wrought?

Shanta, a man of deep thought, is now quoting Bevis and Butthead?

Are we talking about the food or the guy cleaning the site? I hope it is the food... :rofl2:

Whoop!

There it is!

I see you have not lost your touch for the one-line zinger.

Very funny!

You are the best!

So, I have been following along with this trip report and loving every moment of it. Of course earlier today I think I was getting a message from above that I really needed to work on my daughters' end of year progress reports, grades and attendance records because my internet service was annoyingly slow. So, now that our school year is officially over :banana: I can read along and post replies. Now if Yahoo mail would just realize that a reply from TCD posting in his trip report is NOT SPAM then all would be right with the world.

Your school year is officially over?

Why is there only one dancing banana?

The end of the school year calls for more than one dancing banana!

TCD this is one he'll of a first TR here. I have always loved your reports with the gagillion pics. After reading all 17 pages I'm still looking for more.

Thanks.

There is still more to come.

But, this trip report is getting awful long, isn't it?

TCD

We have seen both, and agreed they are both great movies. We just saw Tangled a few weeks ago and all three loved it, even my oldest boy.

Good.

Glad to hear it.

And, I will be sure to watch Christmas Vacation again come Christmas time this year.

I haven't watched that movie in a long time. I don't remember the squirrel part at all.

I cant believe I missed this TR - Where was the Big announcement that TCD was here? We need a scrolling banner or something - there is so much going on these days - I can't keep up! Doodle - I love this little Whip smiley - Im not sure why. I have a screen shot of TCD's exit speech from Voldemort (at least Im pretty sure I still have it) but like TCD said - the past is the past - this place is so much better than the other anyway. Welcome home TCD!

Thanks, Whip.

Somewhere along the line I think I saw mention of a visit by you and the crew being planned for Halloween. Is that correct?

If so, would be it be safe to assume that there will be a duct tape creation?

I sure hope so!

TCD

By special request, here are a few Rocky photos.

For anyone not in the know, Rocky is the TCD dog.

We have had him for just a year now.

He has been to the Fort three times.

He did not get to visit on this trip.

I love this dog, but he is a bit of a handful.

As these photos will demonstrate.

The story . . .

Rocky's birthday is February 28th.

To celebrate, we took him to one of his favorite places.

Honeymoon Island State Park.

It's in Dunedin, Florida.

Which is also where the TCD gang lives.

We are blessed to have this beautiful beach less than a 15 minute drive from our home.

So, we visit often.

We tried to take a nice photo of Rocky and his sisters:

IMG_9699.jpg

But Rocky had other ideas.

These next photos show Rocky grabbing my DD's camera case and taking off:

IMG_9700.jpg

IMG_9701.jpg

IMG_9702.jpg

IMG_9703.jpg

IMG_9704.jpg

IMG_9705.jpg

IMG_9706.jpg

IMG_9707.jpg

IMG_9708.jpg

IMG_9709.jpg

IMG_9710.jpg

IMG_9711.jpg

IMG_9712.jpg

IMG_9713.jpg

IMG_9714.jpg

IMG_9715.jpg

These photos pretty much tell you all you need to know about how old Rocky is doing.

He's doing fine.

He is a bit spirited.

But, he is also a real charmer:

IMG_9737.jpg

IMG_9738.jpg

IMG_9739.jpg

Poor Rocky hasn't been to the Fort since our New Year's trip at the beginning of this year.

I am working on it, though.

Next up, we return to our trip report already in progress.

TCD