February 2011 Trip Report From TCD

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I continue to be astounded at the decisions being made "over there." Speaking for myself, I have no desire to be hostile to anyone. The success of our site is entirely independent of the success of th

OK, stand back. DaveinTN has requested an update, and By Golly, he's going to get one! I've got 30 new photos loaded, so let's knock this one out! It's still Saturday morning. I have been away from th

Yes. I’m back. It’s really me. I was just taking a break. For those of you who are not familiar with me, I do that from time to time. In this case, I have taken a permanent break from the place where

If you are reading along, please feel free to post a comment or question.

Let me know what you think.

It makes trip reports more interesting when folks chime in.

So feel free.

TCD

I have yet to meet you in person, but I loved reading your trip reports on that other site. I'm looking forward to reading them here now. :D

In the meantime, check out some of the other trip reports here. There are some good ones. A trip report takes a lot of effort. If you want to see more trip reports, post an encouraging word or two on some of the other reports.

TCD

You're absolutely correct...trip reports are a lot of work and your kind words, and those of the other Fiends, have been greatly appreciated.

:purpleflam: Thanks TCD for another wonderful trip report...looking forward to your next one on Monday.

Tri-B

Doodlebug, if you are still reading along, here's those photos I mentioned a while back:

100_9328.jpg

So, I'm behind and just catching up... because I'm a slacker like that. I was in 2001, arriving the day you checked out, and the loop was indeed mostly empty until Thursday when the most obnoxious group showed up, nearly ran me over in their gators, yelled and screamed all night, etc. But I digress. I got to meet Mr. Doodlebug when I was setting up. He scooted over on his ECV smoking a pipe. He seemed friendly at first. Then he started complaining that there weren't full hookups in the 2000 loop. He didn't understand why he couldn't get a free upgrade. Then he told me I didn't know how to setup my tent... which I'd had that one for at least 8 years so I kinda had it under control, but he never offered to help. So. To that I say, it's a good thing that wasn't the REAL Doodlebug. They were there at least 2 weeks it sounds like based on when you saw them and when I left they were still there. That's the only time I saw them around, though.

Oh, and great TR!

So, I'm behind and just catching up... because I'm a slacker like that. I was in 2001, arriving the day you checked out, and the loop was indeed mostly empty until Thursday when the most obnoxious group showed up, nearly ran me over in their gators, yelled and screamed all night, etc. But I digress. I got to meet Mr. Doodlebug when I was setting up. He scooted over on his ECV smoking a pipe. He seemed friendly at first. Then he started complaining that there weren't full hookups in the 2000 loop. He didn't understand why he couldn't get a free upgrade. Then he told me I didn't know how to setup my tent... which I'd had that one for at least 8 years so I kinda had it under control, but he never offered to help. So. To that I say, it's a good thing that wasn't the REAL Doodlebug. They were there at least 2 weeks it sounds like based on when you saw them and when I left they were still there. That's the only time I saw them around, though.

Oh, and great TR!

I knew they were imposters. I am never rude or bossy. Well at least not with strangers :rofl2:

TCD,

you probably do not remember me; i used the same ID over on the old boards as well. I had a weird feeling you were here now; last time I checked, you were not, so I thought i better check again. SO SO glad you are back! I have some catching up to do and don't get over here to post much; in fact, I only recently saw the site improvements and it is just great!

Thanks for all you do with the reports and thanks to the webmasters for all they do. The old boards cannot hold a Fort Lantern to these new boards!!

you probably do not remember me; i used the same ID over on the old boards as well. I had a weird feeling you were here now; last time I checked, you were not, so I thought i better check again. SO SO glad you are back! I have some catching up to do and don't get over here to post much; in fact, I only recently saw the site improvements and it is just great!

Thanks for all you do with the reports and thanks to the webmasters for all they do. The old boards cannot hold a Fort Lantern to these new boards!!

Snarky warning.

Ok, let me get this straight, you love TCD, but the rest of us are chopped liver? Will you at least promote us to steak?

Anyway, if you really twisted my arm, I'd probably have to agree with you about TCD. Don't tell him I said that though, his head is big enough.

And you're certainly right about the old board.

TCD,

I probably do not remember you?

Child please!

TCD never forgets a Fort Fiend.

And, you, my dear lady, are a true Fort Fiend!

Do you think I would forget that your son was awarded a TCD Junior Deputy badge for his work in River Country back in '09?

(he is probably the youngest TCD junior deputy ever)

Do you think that I would forget our discussions regarding your friend who camped in the 300 loop for a year solid a few years back?

(by the way, whatever happened to him?)

Do you think that I would forget your kind words when Rocky's predecessor went to the big Fort in the sky?

Well, I did not forget.

Thanks for posting.

Your post count says you now have a grand total of four posts here.

What is up with that?

You need to get posting, lady.

Snarky warning.

Ok, let me get this straight, you love TCD, but the rest of us are chopped liver? Will you at least promote us to steak?

Anyway, if you really twisted my arm, I'd probably have to agree with you about TCD. Don't tell him I said that though, his head is big enough.

And you're certainly right about the old board.

Thanks, Lou.

I love you too.

And, you don't have to twist my arm to get me to say that.

Until Lou and some other Fiends convinced me to join in the fun here, I was seriously considering hanging up my broom stick and duct tape.

Lou, you are a great guy and a treasure to this site.

And there are many others. I am maybe just a pinch of salt added to the stew.

Been pretty quite so far this week. I think the "Screaming Baby Convention" is over with, I hope.

Oy! But, remember, that is why you get paid the big bucks!

TCD

LOL, you DO remember me, WOW! wish i had that memory of yours! I know I do not post a whole lot(always on FB); i do try to check in. Donnie had filled me in when the flush went down and I had always wondered when you'd be showing up here! I was in serious TCD report withdrawal. As for our friend on 300 loop, it's like he fell off the face of the earth! Last I heard was he got sick; i even wonder if he moved on up to the big 300 loop in the sky! I was hoping maybe you'd run across him in another loop during one of your adventures. I remember him telling me they were going to put sites along Bay Lake and he'd get the first one but that never did happen.

I can't get over how great these boards are now. That was the best thing that could have happened if you ask me. NOW, are you on FB? If not, we need you on there too, lol.

LOL, you DO remember me, WOW! wish i had that memory of yours! I know I do not post a whole lot(always on FB); i do try to check in. Donnie had filled me in when the flush went down and I had always wondered when you'd be showing up here! I was in serious TCD report withdrawal. As for our friend on 300 loop, it's like he fell off the face of the earth! Last I heard was he got sick; i even wonder if he moved on up to the big 300 loop in the sky! I was hoping maybe you'd run across him in another loop during one of your adventures. I remember him telling me they were going to put sites along Bay Lake and he'd get the first one but that never did happen.

I can't get over how great these boards are now. That was the best thing that could have happened if you ask me. NOW, are you on FB? If not, we need you on there too, lol.

Nope- I've never seen the guy again at the Fort. Of course, he could have a new rig and be keeping a low profile, but as far as I know, I haven't seen him.

No FB for me. My kids are into it, but I just can't be bothered.

TCD

Nope- I've never seen the guy again at the Fort. Of course, he could have a new rig and be keeping a low profile, but as far as I know, I haven't seen him.

TCD

well if i had to choose between you being on FB or writing TCD reports for the fiends, I am choosing the reports for the fiends! your reports are about as close as it gets to actually being there!

• 1 month later...

TCD

Whew... I'm not the only one. I tried FB and people I really didn't want to talk to (I was raised in small gossipy town) started popping out of the woodwork befriending me. It was also election year and boy did I get tired of all the political stuff. I prefer forums where everything has a thread you can choose to join in or not.