Official Announcement on New Barn

The Disney Parks Blog officially announced the new barn:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/08/whoa-horses-at-disneys-fort-wilderness-resort-campground-to-receive-beautiful-new-barn/

this part was a surprise to me:

Starting August 19, the Draft Horse Barn and Pony Farm will temporarily be inaccessible to guests until the new barn debuts in Spring 2020. Guests can still enjoy Pony rides at the Trail Blaze Corral near the campground’s entrance, and the resort’s trail rides and carriage rides will continue to operate as normal.

Wow. That's not much notice for anyone hoping for a final visit to the old barn. 

TCD

I know it says the old barn will not be accessible, but I wonder if they are still going to physically house the horses there or move them somewhere else while the new barn is constructed.  

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Whoa! (pun totally intended) that is one fancypants new barn!

But yeah, not much notice.  Basically if you're not there this weekend you're out of luck.

Good pun.

i think you're right about this weekend being the last chance. I guess I will have to do what I have to do. 

29 minutes ago, Duane said:

I know it says the old barn will not be accessible, but I wonder if they are still going to physically house the horses there or move them somewhere else while the new barn is constructed.  

Good question. I figure they're ready to tear the old barn down, so I'm guessing the horses will be relocated somewhere temporarily.

TCD

Wow,  It's just hitting me that the last time I was at the fort we did several things that it's looking like we did for the last time ever.  I always thought I would be able go back and enjoy old favorites.    Things always change I guess.  I am afraid by the time I do get to come back I won't know the place at all.