I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but WDWNT has been posting some artist renderings of the new Reflections resort.  They have been rolling them out a little at a time, like they do everything else to get more clicks, but that got me to thinking, where are they getting this info.  So I did a little digging and the first thing I found was this:

Permit Plans

I'll let you click through and look at the details in that post, but some highlights are a new dock next to the existing one at the Fort, parking right next to Pioneer Hall, I mean that literally, look at the handicap spots, and their appears to be more cabins than we first thought that are not right on Bay Lake.

Oh and if you want to see what the inside of the rooms and new building look like check out WDWNT.

WBI

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but WDWNT has been posting some artist renderings of the new Reflections resort.  They have been rolling them out a little at a time, like they do everything el

But you spin it as just a few steps from a full service Tavern full of craft brews, in a country setting.

The Poly ones have to be the worst. I don't think I've ever seen anyone at any of the cabins. Either going into or out of them, or sitting on the porch. If I spent that much $$ on a roo

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Or to hear and see the boats coming and going.

People are doing it now in that row of WL cabins on the MK side and the ones close to the ferry dock at the Poly.  You could lob a cinnamon roll from those to the boats going by (if you could get one). And because they're coming into the dock, they honk the horns right in front of cabins.  Must be super fun if you turned in early-ish and the boats are running until 2am.

4 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

People are doing it now in that row of WL cabins on the MK side and the ones close to the ferry dock at the Poly.  You could lob a cinnamon roll from those to the boats going by (if you could get one). And because they're coming into the dock, they honk the horns right in front of cabins.  Must be super fun if you turned in early-ish and the boats are running until 2am.

The Poly ones have to be the worst.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone at any of the cabins.

Either going into or out of them, or sitting on the porch.

If I spent that much $$ on a room, you wouldn't see me getting more that 5 feet away from it.

My butt would be parked in the room or on the porch until the last click of the clock at checkout time.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

If I spent that much $$ on a room, you wouldn't see me getting more that 5 feet away from it.

My butt would be parked in the room or on the porch until the last click of the clock at checkout time.

ME TOO!

And I'd have all meals served by room service.  You know, cause if I could afford to stay in the cabins I could afford the room service.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

When I stayed with my brother's family at the Poly for a week, our room faced MK so the bungalows were right below us. I spent a bunch of time hanging out on the deck mornings and evenings.  In a whole week I think I saw people come/go maybe 2/3 times.

Totally agree about spending your time there.  Heck I fell in love with that relatively average room at the Poly and my brother and SIL joked that every time we went back to the room I was sitting out on the deck.  🙂

9 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

Holy cow, those new cabins are right on top of the existing playground. Don't know if I'd pay $2000 a night to stare at the side of Crockett's Tavern, either...

But you spin it as just a few steps from a full service Tavern full of craft brews, in a country setting.

9 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

Holy cow, those new cabins are right on top of the existing playground. Don't know if I'd pay $2000 a night to stare at the side of Crockett's Tavern, either...

9 hours ago, Travisma said:

Or to hear and see the boats coming and going.

Yall 2 just made me want to stay there. Thanks.

11 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

:bell_winner-bf:

11 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Yall 2 just made me want to stay there. Thanks.

LOL!  I love the boat horns.

Now if I had a wee one who was woken up at 2am by one... maybe not so much.

But luckily my dogs don't mind them either.  🙂

21 minutes ago, BayLake Campers said:

Something I saw on these plans is the floor elevation difference between the first row of cabins and the tree houses on the second row. The second row is 20 feet in the air for an unobstructed view of the lake and fire works. $$$

uO5Xgxt.jpg

Nice. 

Goodbye to sitting in a rocking chair on the porch of Crockett's Tavern looking at the trees and Bay Lake. 

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Nice. 

Goodbye to sitting in a rocking chair on the porch of Crockett's Tavern looking at the trees and Bay Lake. 

TCD

But those guests can see the lake perfectly. Screw the campers. This new resort layout pisses me off so bad. I wish the first version was being built. 

3 hours ago, BayLake Campers said:

Something I saw on these plans is the floor elevation difference between the first row of cabins and the tree houses on the second row. The second row is 20 feet in the air for an unobstructed view of the lake and fire works. $$$

uO5Xgxt.jpg

Great catch!

That's something no one else has mentioned, and with the treehouse rage right now you know those will be popular.

WBI

23 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

But those guests can see the lake perfectly. Screw the campers. This new resort layout pisses me off so bad. I wish the first version was being built. 

Yup. And on the other side of Pioneer Hall will be a giant parking lot. 

I don't understand all of the people who say that they trust Disney, and that they are withholding judgment until the project is finished. They're right that Disney will do a great job on this project, and it will be great. It will be-for all the new DVC owners. But not for guests of the Fort. 

17 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

How bad is the construction at the Fort right now? Is it already interfering with the ambiance of Fort? 

So far, it hasn't been too bad. All the work has been confined to the old River Country footprint and behind the 700 loop. But, they're about to turn the bulldozers loose on the petting zoo/pony ride area and the field next to Pioneer Hall. Even then, the impact won't be too bad. But at some point soon, they're going to be walling off all of Clementine's Beach all the way up to the marina. That's going to be bad. 

TCD

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yup. And on the other side of Pioneer Hall will be a giant parking lot. 

I don't understand all of the people who say that they trust Disney, and that they are withholding judgment until the project is finished. They're right that Disney will do a great job on this project, and it will be great. It will be-for all the new DVC owners. But not for guests of the Fort. 

So far, it hasn't been too bad. All the work has been confined to the old River Country footprint and behind the 700 loop. But, they're about to turn the bulldozers loose on the petting zoo/pony ride area and the field next to Pioneer Hall. Even then, the impact won't be too bad. But at some point soon, they're going to be walling off all of Clementine's Beach all the way up to the marina. That's going to be bad. 

TCD

I wonder if they will hold off until after the Christmas rush? All this sounds so sad. I really am trying to see the positive but the more news leaking out the more I cover my eyes and hope for the best. 

So last year when we were there the cast members were all excited about the new horse barn. Any idea how that is coming along and if they will, or already have, something like the petting zoo/pony ride?