As soon as the news broke about Reflections we were told by numerous cast members/bar tenders that Crockett's Tavern was going to be renovated. Not sure what that impact will be but I don't think there's any doubt changes are coming to Pioneer Hall we just haven't seen the plans yet. Wouldn't mind seeing it increase in size as they have a hard time accommodating the ever increasing Fort crowds and Reflections guests will certainly want to enjoy it also. Especially if they are staying in the cabins on Clementine's Beach.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed but WDWNT has been posting some artist renderings of the new Reflections resort.  They have been rolling them out a little at a time, like they do everything el

But you spin it as just a few steps from a full service Tavern full of craft brews, in a country setting.

The Poly ones have to be the worst. I don't think I've ever seen anyone at any of the cabins. Either going into or out of them, or sitting on the porch. If I spent that much $$ on a roo

Posted Images

With what seems to be the changes to center the Fort around the Meadows and the way the Settlement is encroached upon by Reflections I suspect the Settlement will become more of a Reflections location. Once Reflections is finished and its restaurants, etc are opened I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney start to renovate the Settlement more in line with the new resort.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This pic was posted on a FB page.  Mercy... this is SO sad.  The trees are all gone (this is where the barn was) and now you can see the Lodge! :(   Notice the sweet deer, on the left side of the picture, on the small mound of dirt.

This hurts my heart....

Image may contain: outdoor

14 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Well we have called it the Fort for years, I guess it's fitting now that they are getting rid of the wilderness. So sad.

Oh my!! 😫😫. Looks like the aftermath of a battle. One of the things so special about the Fort is the feeling of isolation in the mass that is Disney. This is just so heartbreaking. I know trees can be replanted but I have a feeling trees are just going to be replaced by concrete. 

Is the walking/jogging path between the Fort and Wilderness Lodge blocked off?

7 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Oh my!! 😫😫. Looks like the aftermath of a battle. One of the things so special about the Fort is the feeling of isolation in the mass that is Disney. This is just so heartbreaking. I know trees can be replanted but I have a feeling trees are just going to be replaced by concrete. 

Is the walking/jogging path between the Fort and Wilderness Lodge blocked off?

Everything between the Fort and Wilderness Lodge including the bus road is all blocked off.

Construction stretches from the lakeside, across that road to the lodge, the bike path, and all the way out to Vista Blvd (the road to the Fort entrance) in some areas.

You can see the new barn going up where the bike path used to be.  I have a picture of the barn I'm going to post in a trip report.

• 2 weeks later...

We are here now and they definitely did not wait until after the holiday rush. Full fencing is up around the beach area- you can't even see the lake from Trails End anymore. They left like one picnic table which is sadly sitting there. The area in front of Trails End is also fenced off and I think I read they were putting in a new playground there. Sad to see all the changes. It's definitely taking away the ambiance 😔

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, PghBob said:

Just got home 12 hours ago from the Fort.  One bright spot is that the new playground is almost done.  It has gone in at the grassy area between the Settlement TP and Trail's End.  

Fences and curtains everywhere.  Quite sad.

Thanks for the update, hope they finish it soon.

2 hours ago, TheRollingRutherfords said:

Is this right in the middle between Trails End and the Settlement? I am so heartbroken to see all these changes.  I am so glad our trip is next December.  But it still will never be the same. 

It's more between the Golf Cart parking in front of Trails End and the Trading post. It's right up agains the golf cart parking side. 

On 12/13/2019 at 12:46 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

It's more between the Golf Cart parking in front of Trails End and the Trading post. It's right up agains the golf cart parking side. 

Correct.

Here's a photo of the area taken from the Settlement Trading Post porch- you can see the back of the round sign in the photo, and Pioneer Hall beyond the construction fence:

IMG_4714_zpsee0bpjlu.jpg

They had a crew working on this on Sunday morning, and I could see a lot of bags of mulch piled up behind the fence. I think they're going to have this open within the next few days. 

TCD