Thanks Jason.  In frustration, I ended up calling Disney Reservations to get some info.  The young lady on the phone confirmed your info. with one exception.  She told me that 600 thru 1000, plus 1400 were premium Meadow.  If she was correct, that means 700 is now premium Meadow now as well.  Appreciate you taking time to respond, especially while on vacation.

1 hour ago, PghBob said:

Thanks Jason.  In frustration, I ended up calling Disney Reservations to get some info.  The young lady on the phone confirmed your info. with one exception.  She told me that 600 thru 1000, plus 1400 were premium Meadow.  If she was correct, that means 700 is now premium Meadow now as well.  Appreciate you taking time to respond, especially while on vacation.

I don't see how they can say 700 is Premium Meadow. 400 and 500 loops are just as close. I bet she was mistaken.

So I guess the Meadow Premium sites are a good thing? We stayed in the 800 loop in December 2018, and again in April 2019 and were pretty happy with the location. In fact, we were in site 834 for Christmas, then 836 in April. We knew nothing of the loop designations at the time. I liked it because it was about the middle between the entrance where the bus stops were and the boat ramp, Trails End, etc. Backing in was a bit tight, especially when the neighbors across the road had their cars parked on the grass close to the pavement. I guess we lucked out on where they put us.

35 minutes ago, Country Coach Guy said:

... it was about the middle between the entrance where the bus stops were and the boat ramp, Trails End, etc. 

Yep, that plus being close to the whole Meadows Area (pool, trading post...) is exactly why they're now Premium.

That said, I've always thought that if you have a golf cart, the location of the loop you're in doesn't matter so much because you're always a 5 minute golf cart ride away.  🙂

25 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yep, that plus being close to the whole Meadows Area (pool, trading post...) is exactly why they're now Premium.

That said, I've always thought that if you have a golf cart, the location of the loop you're in doesn't matter so much because you're always a 5 minute golf cart ride away.  🙂

Or a 10 minute bike ride or a 15 to 20 minute walk

• 2 months later...

Yeah on the golf cart etc part .. with us though it’s more about the site dimension 18ft wide by min of 60 ft deep .. I also seek out sites for ease of backing in ..as someone pointed out many sites in the 800 loop are very difficult due to others parking cars and trucks in road etc. we love little bear for its seclusion as well as multiple sites over 70ft deep .. we prefer a couple of the sites for backing in too. 37ft trailer plus 22ft long bed truck with long wheelbase makes for some tight quarters