NON-EXPIRING MEANS NON-EXPIRING 34yr old ticket.

Years ago I worked at Burdines (kind of like Macys) and they prided themselves on customer service.

One time a women returned a lampshade that she found at her mothers house after she passed.

Her mother had purchased it 20 years previously, had never used it, was still in the plastic wrap, and the receipt was attached.

They gave her the $ back.

Of course the lampshade got tossed since it was yellowed and a brand/model that was dropped 15 years earlier.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Years ago I worked at Burdines (kind of like Macys) and they prided themselves on customer service.

One time a women returned a lampshade that she found at her mothers house after she passed.

Her mother had purchased it 20 years previously, had never used it, was still in the plastic wrap, and the receipt was attached.

They gave her the $ back.

Of course the lampshade got tossed since it was yellowed and a brand/model that was dropped 15 years earlier.

She must have been hard up for $

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

Hey, that's how people with $ to start with keep it and make more.

They (or their accountants) watch their spending.

LOL I guess. Unless it was an expensive lamp shade she probably spent more in gas and time returning it. I once worked for a guy who was tighter than tree bark. He sent me back to a place to get a refund on a part that was less than $2. He literally wasted more gas than that....plus paying me.

I have often wondered how and how long Disney keeps up with any "old" ticket media since they have changed technology so many times... How does the new systems recognize these as begin valid? 

We still have a couple of "plus" days left on some non-expiring tickets.  We have long since used the park days up, but had the pluses (water park, Disney Quest, and golf, if I remember correctly) 

They have to be at least 14 years old because one of them is a child's ticket we purchased for our daughter back in the day. She is now 23 years old.

1 hour ago, Duane said:

I have often wondered how and how long Disney keeps up with any "old" ticket media since they have changed technology so many times... How does the new systems recognize these as begin valid? 

We still have a couple of "plus" days left on some non-expiring tickets.  We have long since used the park days up, but had the pluses (water park, Disney Quest, and golf, if I remember correctly) 

They have to be at least 14 years old because one of them is a child's ticket we purchased for our daughter back in the day. She is now 23 years old.

Your next challenge the next time you're at the FORT....😀

16 hours ago, Duane said:

Tell them you had your heart set on Disney Quest and ask what they will substitute for it.

23 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Your next challenge the next time you're at the FORT....😀

Disney probably does a better job of keeping up with "old" tickets better than I do...  I'll have to see if I can put my hands on them and give it a try!

7 hours ago, Travisma said:

Tell them you had your heart set on Disney Quest and ask what they will substitute for it.

Now that would be a funny discussion right there!  They would probably offer me a free Mickey Bar or a Fast Pass as a substitution...  or maybe probably nothing!

On 8/20/2019 at 3:08 PM, Duane said:

Well, I can say - just before they eliminated non expiring tickets we purchased 4 10 day tickets.  We have added 2 of them to our MDE accounts (1 each) and still have 4 days.  Before we got them we had tickets with “pluses” on them.  So, when we got our annual passes this year we went to guest services to make sure the AP’s would be used rather than the non expiring days.  Not only did she set that up, she reminded us we had the “pluses” to use from the old tickets.  At the same time I talked to her about m6 old A-B-C-D-E tickets.  She said bring them back, they have a chart that tells,the, the $$ value of each ticket to credit toward current ticket media.

16 hours ago, tim5055 said:

Well, I can say - just before they eliminated non expiring tickets we purchased 4 10 day tickets.  We have added 2 of them to our MDE accounts (1 each) and still have 4 days.  Before we got them we had tickets with “pluses” on them.  So, when we got our annual passes this year we went to guest services to make sure the AP’s would be used rather than the non expiring days.  Not only did she set that up, she reminded us we had the “pluses” to use from the old tickets.  At the same time I talked to her about m6 old A-B-C-D-E tickets.  She said bring them back, they have a chart that tells,the, the $$ value of each ticket to credit toward current ticket media.

I guess I need to try to find those tickets, pull out that leopard print speedo, and hit Typhoon Lagoon!

On 8/21/2019 at 5:36 PM, tim5055 said:

... I talked to her about m6 old A-B-C-D-E tickets.  She said bring them back, they have a chart that tells,the, the $$ value of each ticket to credit toward current ticket media.

I was picturing a dusty binder on a shelf somewhere that they break out from time to time to see if/what old tickets are worth.

On 8/22/2019 at 10:28 AM, Duane said:

I guess I need to try to find those tickets, pull out that leopard print speedo, and hit Typhoon Lagoon!

Pics or it didn't happen!

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Pics or it didn't happen!

... and if I want to stay married, I can honestly say that it won't happen...  Ever since I saw this old German dude literally change his Speedo on the family beach at Castaway Cay (I mean he shucked that little green Speedo completely off, with his butt for God and everyone else to see), I really think I need to keep my leopard in the drawer!

14 minutes ago, Duane said:

... and if I want to stay married, I can honestly say that it won't happen...  Ever since I saw this old German dude literally change his Speedo on the family beach at Castaway Cay (I mean he shucked that little green Speedo completely off, with his butt for God and everyone else to see), I really think I need to keep my leopard in the drawer!

:ROFLMAO-1:

They do keep records, but it's not easy. I had an old non expiring ticket from probably 2005. All I had was a printout from the resort showing the old ticket record. Unfortunately, the TTC was closed when I went by, so went to MK guest services. It took them about 45 minutes and two managers, and they did finally find it and add it to My Disney Experience. I will have to make sure to prioritize the 10 day I'm buying for October when I get there. I also have a few pluses on some old tickets. One of these days I'll get into a water park.

By the way, pluses were NEVER good for Disney Quest. They always had their own ticket. (I tried a few months before they closed)