Moana Attraction coming to EPCOT

Real or fake?

More than 1 site (they could be feeding off each other) have reported similar stories leaked before D23 starts, that EPCOT is getting a Moana Journey into Water attraction where guest will interact with living water.

There were aerial photos the other day of EPCOT showing a section of the park being cleared behind Africa and along the canal where the barges for Illuminations come out.

Some posters thought it was a new attraction, others were saying it was a new staging area for whatever is replacing Illuminations.

Time will tell.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

Real or fake?

More than 1 site (they could be feeding off each other) have reported similar stories leaked before D23 starts, that EPCOT is getting a Moana Journey into Water attraction where guest will interact with living water.

There were aerial photos the other day of EPCOT showing a section of the park being cleared behind Africa and along the canal where the barges for Illuminations come out.

Some posters thought it was a new attraction, others were saying it was a new staging area for whatever is replacing Illuminations.

Time will tell.

I'm inclined to think real in some form or another. Seems like a lot of buzz about more stuff coming to Epcot beyond what's already been confirmed. And there supposedly has been a big push from on high to leverage Disney IPs as much as possible, so it makes sense from that perspective.

But of course as you say, they could all be feeding off each other. Too many rumors to count at this point and many of them are coming from a site that doesn't have the best track record for rumors that prove to be true.

D23 starts today.  Stay tuned...

46 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I'm inclined to think real in some form or another. Seems like a lot of buzz about more stuff coming to Epcot beyond what's already been confirmed. And there supposedly has been a big push from on high to leverage Disney IPs as much as possible, so it makes sense from that perspective.

But of course as you say, they could all be feeding off each other. Too many rumors to count at this point and many of them are coming from a site that doesn't have the best track record for rumors that prove to be true.

D23 starts today.  Stay tuned...

There was a press event yesterday at D23, I'm inclined to believe it's all true. Of course, until they break ground. Also, supposedly their "BIG" secret is a mini-series documentary to be aired on the new streaming service and a hard cover book. "One Day At Disney" about behind the scenes stuff

The Moana attraction was officially announced on the Disney Parks Blog. 

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/08/disney-parks-experiences-and-products-shares-first-of-many-exciting-announcements-to-be-unveiled-at-d23-expo-2019/

Note that its called "Journey of Water- Inspired by Moana."  This is not a ride. My guess is that it is just a 4D movie they're going to show in the Honey I Shrunk the Audience theatre. 

Just wait. 

TCD

18 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The Moana attraction was officially announced on the Disney Parks Blog. 

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2019/08/disney-parks-experiences-and-products-shares-first-of-many-exciting-announcements-to-be-unveiled-at-d23-expo-2019/

Note that its called "Journey of Water- Inspired by Moana."  This is not a ride. My guess is that it is just a 4D movie they're going to show in the Honey I Shrunk the Audience theatre. 

Just wait. 

TCD

Is that the theater near Figment that used to have Captain EO?

If so those fountains that shoot the water globs could be the living water.

Maybe they will stick it in that empty section in The Land Pavilion.  Would kind of fit in with the eco theming.

10 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Is that the theater near Figment that used to have Captain EO?

If so those fountains that shoot the water globs could be the living water.

Maybe they will stick it in that empty section in The Land Pavilion.  Would kind of fit in with the eco theming.

About those fountains. . .  What do you see in this artwork?:

epcot-logo-386x600.jpg

25 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It looks like I might be wrong about the theater. I saw a description that this will just be something outside to walk through. So some plywood cut outs of some waterfalls and a volcano next to the existing fountains and we're all set. 

TCD

And in the meantime, another park is getting some sort of full blown Marvel Avenger Land!

30 minutes ago, Travisma said:

And in the meantime, another park is getting some sort of full blown Marvel Avenger Land!

Meh. 

Their Tough to Be a Bug theatre is getting turned into a ride like Toy Story Midway Mania except with Spiderman and webs, and they're throwing in an Ant Man microbrewery where they can pay $15 for a beer. 

There are no winners here. 

TCD