I'm sure there is an owner's group on FB somewhere. Might be best to join, or a review sight describing the problems 🙂

The owner's group will defend them and the review site will blast them, and then you at least have both sides of the story 🙂

Pay close attention to the floors in the R-Pod. Like some of the other Forest River brands they used exposed treated OSB floors in their trailers. This frequently results in rotted areas large and small. While we didn't have an R-Pod our previous trailer had some areas I had to repair where the flooring had rotted due to water getting into the OSB.  

31 minutes ago, keith_h said:

Pay close attention to the floors in the R-Pod. Like some of the other Forest River brands they used exposed treated OSB floors in their trailers. This frequently results in rotted areas large and small. While we didn't have an R-Pod our previous trailer had some areas I had to repair where the flooring had rotted due to water getting into the OSB.  

Thanks for the advice.

It sold before we had a chance to see it.

We looked at a couple and I took a flashlight and a screwdriver with me to poke and prod in dark corners.

We looked at one that the guy knew nothing about and wanted $2500 for it.

I stepped into it and if I had stepped harder I would've gone thru the floor. That was enough looking, and I got out of it real quick

It was worth maybe $500 tops only if you had a garage to work in and a strong urge to tear the thing completely apart to the shell and replace everything in it.

It was a disaster.

While the water damage could come from the inside ours was from the outside in. One place was behind the wheel wells where the tires threw water onto the bottom of the floor. The other was in the front corners where road water from driving would accumulate and wick into the OSB. I don't know what they treated the floor with. It was kind of waxy and ok for the first couple of years. It wasn't until 3 or 4 years that we started seeing problems. The floor had a 5 year warranty but that only covered the floor and its replacement. It didn't include removing the walls to get to the floor. Due to the old trailer I decided I wouldn't by a trailer that didn't have some type of water proof barrier between the floor and the elements. While it doesn't guarantee a good floor it does eliminate one vector for rot.