Iconic sign at RIVIERA RESORT

I find this information interesting...

The sign will top the eight-story resort that houses a special studio space, a new accommodation type built for two guests with a living room area that converts into a bedroom.

Sounds like they are going to make smaller rooms?

Or am I thinking it wrong and they will be bigger than normal?

13 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I find this information interesting...

The sign will top the eight-story resort that houses a special studio space, a new accommodation type built for two guests with a living room area that converts into a bedroom.

Sounds like they are going to make smaller rooms?

Or am I thinking it wrong and they will be bigger than normal?

They definitely made some smaller options at this resort. 

The Tower Studio Rooms will be a different spin on the "traditional DVC Studio".  They are shown here:

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/riviera-resort/4382-first-look-at-riviera-resort-villas

It looks to basically be a living space during the day, and a fancy new pull-down murphy bed at bed time...  DVC is rolling these out in some of the other renovations that are going on currently.  Saratoga Springs is going to get these new types of sofa beds in all of the studios, 1BR & 2 BR's.  Hopefully the "bar" that all of us have experienced on a traditional sofa bed will be a thing of the past...

15 hours ago, Duane said:

It looks to basically be a living space during the day, and a fancy new pull-down murphy bed at bed time...  

Kind of funny that they are using those since they took them all out of the cabins.

If you look at them closely, the new murphy bed and sofa are all on one wall unit...  The back rest of the sofa is the underneath part of the bed when its pulled down out of the wall. When we were there in May, we went over and toured the model rooms for Riviera and they had these on display.  They look to be a huge improvement over the standard sofabed.

• 2 years later...