Currently staying at the Fort thru Wednesday. There have been reports on a Facebook group that the Fort is closing Tuesday and Wednesday due to Hurricane Dorian. I called several levels of call centers up to Guest Services assigned to handle storm changes and they state currently the Fort is business as usual with no timeline for closing. 

For good measure I went up to the front desk and spoke with 3 front line CM's and the management CM at the same time (this place is dead and they were all waiting and ready to help clients). They re-iterated business as usual. They stated they do have a plan in place IF it is needed but with the hurricane moving at 1mph it would be premature at this point. 

The manager said the best thing you can do is to make sure you My Disney Experience app is up to date,  your reservation is linked, and you have push notifications turned on. IF they need to contact people about a closure they will push a notification out to the affected people instructing them to contact Disney with regards to the situation. 

If and as I hear any new information I will update this post so we have it all in one place. 

19 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

But he airport is now closing at 2 am Tuesday..

5:00 pm update per WESH 2.. things have moved further EAST only 10% to 20% chance of tropical storm winds at the FORT

I saw that. The manager I spoke with said if they do need to close and evac they will be using the push notifications to tell us. My phone is by my side. People getting calls though are being told the Fort is closing. I think it is more just closing to new guests to keep a potential evac easier to manager IF needed. 

1 minute ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Just announced WDW closing all parks at 3:00 PM tomorrow..????  Makes no sense when things are improving.

13 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Just announced WDW closing all parks at 3:00 PM tomorrow..????  Makes no sense when things are improving.

Probably erring on the side of caution.  The storm will be slowly going up the east coast (or staying put, turning right, heading south...) so the winds and rain bands will be slowly approaching Central FL.  We go hit with a couple of squalls today leaving MK, pretty good gusts of wind, heavy rain but neither lasted more than 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Concierge at the Gran Floridian......😄   You can always hope!

No such luck. Tent pop up sites are going to Caribbean Beach. Full Hookup and above are going to Riverside. Cabins to GF 

I am in my room at Caribbean Beach now (pirate room yuck)

On 9/2/2019 at 9:19 AM, Katman1356...Jason said:

The manager said the best thing you can do is to make sure you My Disney Experience app is up to date,  your reservation is linked, and you have push notifications turned on.

I never really think of that but it makes sense even for a non-hurricane trip. You never know when something wacky might happen - even something as minor as a FP reservation that gets cancelled/changed because a ride goes down.

15 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

No such luck. Tent pop up sites are going to Caribbean Beach. Full Hookup and above are going to Riverside. Cabins to GF 

I am in my room at Caribbean Beach now (pirate room yuck)

Glad you're safely tucked away - even if you now have to wear an eye patch.

Enjoy as much as you can before they shut things down.

We check in on Thursday. Originally, we were supposed to check in tomorrow. They would only allow us to check into Port Orleans tomorrow or cancel. Pushing our arrival back wasn't an option. Today, I was able to reserve Thursday through next Sunday after checking multiple times with zero availability.  I guess I checked it right after they opened it back up. 

2 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

We check in on Thursday. Originally, we were supposed to check in tomorrow. They would only allow us to check into Port Orleans tomorrow or cancel. Pushing our arrival back wasn't an option. Today, I was able to reserve Thursday through next Sunday after checking multiple times with zero availability.  I guess I checked it right after they opened it back up. 

Hope they get the Fort back open for you. That's what happened to us for Matthew  we checked into PORS and when the Fort opened back up we switched back to the Fort. But we could have stayed at PORS the whole trip at no extra charge. The best thing about the resort was free ice and a food court. We were so happy to get to the Fort that trip.

Minimal storm here. Some wind and rain but only some loose palm fronds down and tiny twigs. Rain was heavy at times last night but puddles are already shrinking. 

My flight home tonight was cancelled. Now flying home tomorrow night. Disney extended me here at Caribbean Beach for the same price I would have paid for my tent site of $61.88 and got me late check out of 1 pm. 

13 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Minimal storm here. Some wind and rain but only some loose palm fronds down and tiny twigs. Rain was heavy at times last night but puddles are already shrinking. 

My flight home tonight was cancelled. Now flying home tomorrow night. Disney extended me here at Caribbean Beach for the same price I would have paid for my tent site of $61.88 and got me late check out of 1 pm. 

Good to hear. I hope they let us check in early at the Fort on Thursday. I plan on being there about 9 am. I figure there will be plenty of open sites. lol

18 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Good to hear. I hope they let us check in early at the Fort on Thursday. I plan on being there about 9 am. I figure there will be plenty of open sites. lol

There were plenty of open spaces even on Monday.

Took a picture heading from the bus stop to Pioneer Hall, and there was only a woman and her son in the picture.

2 hours ago, ThemeParkCommando said:

But Jason... the urgent question.. did you get your lightsaber?!

Oh yes. I definitely did and it is awesome. While it is on the expensive it is leaps and bounds over the toy ones you can build or the cheap plastic ones you buy. The experience was awesome. If you are on the fence I don’t think you will be disappointed. Expescially for a Star Wars fan. 

1 hour ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Oh yes. I definitely did and it is awesome. While it is on the expensive it is leaps and bounds over the toy ones you can build or the cheap plastic ones you buy. The experience was awesome. If you are on the fence I don’t think you will be disappointed. Expescially for a Star Wars fan. 

Bode has a reservation on Friday night. He is so stoked.

4 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Nice!  My husband is the big Star Wars fan, and he is happily tucking away money for his lightsaber.  He'll be happy to know it's going to be worth it.  I get attached to the ships, so I expect I'll be crying when I see the Millenium Falcon for the first time.

For instance, in the Star Trek universe, I did not shed a tear when Spock died.  But when they blew up the Enterprise, I jumped up, shouted "NO!" and broke down crying in the theater.  

Thanks for the up to date reporting, it's very helpful!!