Braving Dorian

My daughter had planned a trip to WDW for Labor Day weekend quite a while ago. 

She booked us off property at a hotel on Palm Parkway, a quick ride to WDW using the back way into the parks off of 536.

When I saw a posting of the new Castle Projection Show with Jack Skellington for MNSSHP I asked if everyone (5) wanted to go Friday 8/30 and I would treat them.

Of course everyone said yes.

We were all getting psyched, me for seeing Jack, my oldest daughter because she had never been to MNSSHP, and everyone else because we were going to the party.

Then Dorian decided to head to FL.

My oldest daughter had to fly in from MN, so she was watching the weather.  My wife was worried we would get stuck over in Orlando with everyone trying to evacuate, and was also worried about my other daughter/granddaughter that lived out past Orlando International and if they made it to Disney if they would be able to get home.

Friday morning we headed to Disney from Tampa with a stop at a mall to go to an RV show and check out some TTs.  That is another story.

We got over to Disney ahead of everyone else and couldn't check into the hotel without my daughter, so we headed to AK to get our Simba Magnet.  We were surprised when we got to the parking lot and saw a sign that said due to inclement weather you should self park.

We went in got our magnets,  were able to get them for my daughters also by showing them pictures of their pass cards.  Couldn't do my granddaughters since her card was expired (we got her a new one on the way out and also updated ours).  We got some photos taken overlooking the tree ( my oldest bought a year memory maker and linked us) then we headed out to meet everyone at the hotel.

Next up MNSSHP!!

11 hours ago, Travisma said:

My daughter had planned a trip to WDW for Labor Day weekend quite a while ago. 

She booked us off property at a hotel on Palm Parkway, a quick ride to WDW using the back way into the parks off of 536.

When I saw a posting of the new Castle Projection Show with Jack Skellington for MNSSHP I asked if everyone (5) wanted to go Friday 8/30 and I would treat them.

Of course everyone said yes.

We were all getting psyched, me for seeing Jack, my oldest daughter because she had never been to MNSSHP, and everyone else because we were going to the party.

Then Dorian decided to head to FL.

My oldest daughter had to fly in from MN, so she was watching the weather.  My wife was worried we would get stuck over in Orlando with everyone trying to evacuate, and was also worried about my other daughter/granddaughter that lived out past Orlando International and if they made it to Disney if they would be able to get home.

Friday morning we headed to Disney from Tampa with a stop at a mall to go to an RV show and check out some TTs.  That is another story.

We got over to Disney ahead of everyone else and couldn't check into the hotel without my daughter, so we headed to AK to get our Simba Magnet.  We were surprised when we got to the parking lot and saw a sign that said due to inclement weather you should self park.

We went in got our magnets,  were able to get them for my daughters also by showing them pictures of their pass cards.  Couldn't do my granddaughters since her card was expired (we got her a new one on the way out and also updated ours).  We got some photos taken overlooking the tree ( my oldest bought a year memory maker and linked us) then we headed out to meet everyone at the hotel.

Next up MNSSHP!!

In and first!!

13 hours ago, Travisma said:

Wish I'd thought of doing this to get the magnets. My wife and daughter went to AK for the day on Saturday(given  the state park we were meant to be at was closed) but I didn't end up going, so I didn't get a magnet.