The overal athestic of the land is top notch. The textures, the layout, the sounds, etc are very well done. Better than Pandora, I think. I really liked the bazaar area attached to Ronto's Roasters. Even the restrooms are cool. The gift shop adjacent to Smugglers Run is really nice. The artifacts on the walls are amazingly detailed. Overall it truly feels like another world. It is also really nice at nighttime. 

The lightsaber build experience was also very cool. The CM that we had directing it was great. He really pulled you into the story and made it feel real. Bode absolutely loved it. 

Smugglers Run ride was kind of "meh" for me. It was good, but not jaw dropping like I felt when riding FoP for the first time. The que,  however, is almost as good as the ride. I really wish it was 3D. I feel like Star Tours is more exciting. 

I hope RotR is a standout. SR is about a 30 minute wait tops, IMHO. 

Overall it is really good. The CM's and characters in the land do a great job of making it seem like you're really in a Star Wars movie location. 

I agree with much of what he said. I will say though Smugglers Run has something going for it FoP does not. Almost anyone can ride it. It’s a simple lap belt restraint and the open feel eliminates the claustrophobic effect of Mission Space. As some one who will never be able to ride FoP or Mine strain I am super excited for a new ride I can actually ride. 

4 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I agree with much of what he said. I will say though Smugglers Run has something going for it FoP does not. Almost anyone can ride it. It’s a simple lap belt restraint and the open feel eliminates the claustrophobic effect of Mission Space. As some one who will never be able to ride FoP or Mine strain I am super excited for a new ride I can actually ride. 

Yes, accessibility is good for this ride. Tish rode it 3 weeks out from a double back fusion

Thanks for the review! 

So thoughts on how it goes over for someone totally not into Star Wars? I think DH only saw the very first movie and didn't dig it - I have no idea why I married him.  ;)

Neither of us are huge Avatar fans, although we did see the movie, but we really do enjoy Pandora.

Same thing with GE or should I force him into a movie marathon some weekend before we go?

We rode it again this morning. Bode and I were pilots this time. The pilot role is noticeably better than the engineer position. Still not as good as it could be if it was 3D. 

The Cantina is pretty cool. Drinks are expensive, but you're there more for the experience. 

21 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Thanks for the review! 

So thoughts on how it goes over for someone totally not into Star Wars? I think DH only saw the very first movie and didn't dig it - I have no idea why I married him.  ;)

Neither of us are huge Avatar fans, although we did see the movie, but we really do enjoy Pandora.

Same thing with GE or should I force him into a movie marathon some weekend before we go?

Id say some knowledge is helpful, but even without it the land is amazingly well done. 

We visited Labor Day weekend and were able to walk into GE without a wait.

It was crowded but not overly so.

The amount of detailing and the work involved is amazing, and you pretty much don't see anything other than GE.

A lot of the CMs are in immersive mode and you will get a long story to go with an answer to a question.  I asked what one of the lines were for and instad of saying it was a shop I got a long story all about what it was.

It can be hot, but there is probably more shade (but more people under it) then Pandora.

Not a lot of markings, we ended up going into the exit door of the droid factory.

We didn't do the ride since it was a 2 hour wait when we were there, but the Millennium Falcon is absolutely amazing to see.

My wife is not a big Star Wars fan but she enjoyed looking around.

2 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Forgot to mention....tish is 4 weeks post surgery of L4/L5 and L5/S1 fusions. She's walked 6 miles 2 days in a row. It wasn't possible before surgery. 

So glad to hear a positive outcome for your family with the back surgery. Back pain is horrible I am so happy she found some relief.

On 9/9/2019 at 11:16 AM, Travisma said:

We visited Labor Day weekend and were able to walk into GE without a wait.

It was crowded but not overly so.

The amount of detailing and the work involved is amazing, and you pretty much don't see anything other than GE.

A lot of the CMs are in immersive mode and you will get a long story to go with an answer to a question.  I asked what one of the lines were for and instad of saying it was a shop I got a long story all about what it was.

It can be hot, but there is probably more shade (but more people under it) then Pandora.

Not a lot of markings, we ended up going into the exit door of the droid factory.

We didn't do the ride since it was a 2 hour wait when we were there, but the Millennium Falcon is absolutely amazing to see.

My wife is not a big Star Wars fan but she enjoyed looking around.

I agree, the Millennium Falcon was amazing. It was awesome to see. 

Being there, really makes you feel like you are on a movie set. Everything is very well themed.

ImDownWithDisney, I am so glad to hear surgery was a success and she is doing so well.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:17 AM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Thanks for the review! 

My wife is not a big Star Wars person AT ALL.  We were there Monday and she really liked GE.  She especially liked Smuggler's Run.  She is prone to motion sickness and can ride Star Tours once in a day.  However, she really enjoyed Smuggler's Run and felt no ill effects at all.  She was also really impressed with the land itself and not knowing all of the story details didn't detract from the experience.

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

My wife is not a big Star Wars person AT ALL.  We were there Monday and she really liked GE.  She especially liked Smuggler's Run.  She is prone to motion sickness and can ride Star Tours once in a day.  However, she really enjoyed Smuggler's Run and felt no ill effects at all.  She was also really impressed with the land itself and not knowing all of the story details didn't detract from the experience.

That's great to hear - for DH and for me, who usually can't handle VR rides. I did the old Body Wars and Star Tours years ago (ugh x2). I've never even tried Mission Space. But I did do FoP and the 2 Harry Potter rides at UO.  I just had to make sure I only looked straight ahead and once in a day of any of them is about my limit.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:29 PM, ImDownWithDisney said:

Forgot to mention....tish is 4 weeks post surgery of L4/L5 and L5/S1 fusions. She's walked 6 miles 2 days in a row. It wasn't possible before surgery. 

Oh...that’s fantastic!!  Praise God!

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

So, ya'll are saying if you can tolerate Star Tours, Smugglers Run will be OK? Hubby can ride Star Tours, but wasn't sure about Smugglers Run. I don't think he would tolerate Flight of Passage, although I love it.

Smigglers run to me is an easier to handle ride than Star Tours. As long as the two pilots aren’t little kids who bang the ship into everything. 

Thanks for the well wishes for Tish, everyone. It's been a long year and a half for her struggling with back pain. I think there is now light at the end of the tunnel. She started crying on our way home and I asked her what was wrong. She said "I am sitting here completely pain free".

54 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Thanks for the well wishes for Tish, everyone. It's been a long year and a half for her struggling with back pain. I think there is now light at the end of the tunnel. She started crying on our way home and I asked her what was wrong. She said "I am sitting here completely pain free".

Oh... my heart.  That brings tears to MY eyes.