Okay, we've done Akerhaus, Biergarten, Ohana's (breakfast), 1400 Parkfare (breakfast), Hollywood and Vine, Maya Grill, and Chef Mickey's on our past trips. This year it will be mine and my son's birthday the day after we arrive. Where should we go for dinner as a family? We both love seafood and steak.

Also my girlfriend and I are meeting up in DTD to go to dinner to celebrate our birthdays, hers is the day before ours. Where should we go?

AND (lol) what dining hidden gems have we missed that we need to try?

Thanks a bunch!!!

not sure how old your son is, but my vote for a special occasion dinner is the California Grill at the top of the

Contemporary. book it for about 45 min to an hour before the MK fireworks. sigh. they pipe in the music/soundtrack. it was magical. (i had the scallops and my huband had the steak. we both claim they were the best of each that we have ever had. 'course that could have been the bottle of wine talking, but i digress.)

note: even if your son is young, we did see plenty of families there, even though we didn't have our kids with us that trip.

geeze, i totally forgot about your other questions....

at DTD, for a birthday celebration i would do Raglan (sp?) Road....or skip the formal dinner, grab a Margarita from the dock side bar/stand (one of the best Margaritas i have had on property, and i have had plenty) and stroll/shop.

as far as dining hidden gems....the fish and chips stand in UK at EPCOT. the same as what you can get in the rose and crown. spectacular!

geeze, i totally forgot about your other questions....

at DTD, for a birthday celebration i would do Raglan (sp?) Road....or skip the formal dinner, grab a Margarita from the dock side bar/stand (one of the best Margaritas i have had on property, and i have had plenty) and stroll/shop.

as far as dining hidden gems....the fish and chips stand in UK at EPCOT. the same as what you can get in the rose and crown. spectacular!

I agree with every word of this post (well, except the part about forgetting... ;) but esp the part about the waterside Margaritas ;D )

:) :) :) :) :)

Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion is always a hit with everyone in our party. Don't be misled by the name, they serve seafood and a good variety of other dishes in addition to steaks and it's all terrific!

The kids menu was extensive, much larger than the typical wdw kids meal fare (though our kids always enjoy the different breads so much they end up too full to eat their actual meals).

The cheddar cheese soup and desserts there are to die for. It's a bit pricey, but can be done reasonably if you spend a little time reading the menu before ordering. Lunch is a reasonably priced alternative and can be easier to get ADRs for.

Although it's one of our favorite places to eat, I wouldn't use extra dining credits for this signature restraurant. If we're on the dining plan we've found we still come out ahead by paying OOP for anything that requires more than one meal credit.

Here's another vote for Raglan Road. My daughter and I both love it. Being Irish, Mike liked the atmosphere but he thought the food was only ok. As far as I am concerned the Shepherd's Pie is the best thing on the menu, followed by the Bread Pudding for dessert :banana:

Here's another vote for Raglan Road. My daughter and I both love it. Being Irish, Mike liked the atmosphere but he thought the food was only ok. As far as I am concerned the Shepherd's Pie is the best thing on the menu, followed by the Bread Pudding for dessert :banana:

yummmm, :bighug: bread pudding

And it is THE BEST BREAD PUDDING ON THE PLANET!

At DTD Paradiso 37 has some yummy eats and prime deck seating over the water.

Totally agree about having a special meal at California Grill - we always time it around fireworks time. You can go out on the observation deck to watch and they play the soundtrack there as well. It's a super cool perspective of the fireworks.

4160700621_0a14cccc1c_z.jpg?zz=1

And if you like sushi, theirs is some of the best!

4161457500_5ee2ea061e.jpg

We ate at Narcoosees for the first time in November and it was fantastic (I did a review in the Dining Reviews board with some pics). We've already book an ADR for this fall's trip. You can watch the fireworks from their deck also.

If you like fish, give this beauty a try.

5213492540_fbe7a54c6c_z.jpg

It's Crispy Whole Snapper. Looks a bit intimidating - tastes DELICIOUS!!!