Stop the construction already

We took a day trip to Epcot and MK this past weekend.  It’s all great that they are putting money into the parks and roadways, but slow down a bit.  Every way you turn your being directed to a detour weather in the parks, waiting for a bus or trying to drive there. I would hate to plan a magical trip thousands of miles away to see all this construction and areas closed. I’m all for progress but this also increases ticket and food prices.   The food is also off the chart these days. We went to Biergarten in Germany and dropped over $280 for the 4 of us. Gotta love that my 10 year old is considered an adult. None of the food is worth the prices they are charging.  Things are getting out of control.  Our AP expire in 30 days then I’m throwing all our Magic bands in the trash. First they out priced us from the campground now it’s everything else. We are going there for a long weekend in a few weeks for our swan song to at least see Galaxy edge which I hear is Wayyyyy over hyped.  Nice that they couldn’t even finish the back sides of the rock spires so it looks like crap from the road. Bob Iger can’t leave quick enough. Hope he takes Kathleen Kennedy with him and replace them with someone who really knew what Walt’s dream was, a place where “EVERYONE “ can enjoy. (Not just the rich and famous)

29 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

We took a day trip to Epcot and MK this past weekend.  It’s all great that they are putting money into the parks and roadways, but slow down a bit.  Every way you turn your being directed to a detour weather in the parks, waiting for a bus or trying to drive there. I would hate to plan a magical trip thousands of miles away to see all this construction and areas closed. I’m all for progress but this also increases ticket and food prices.   The food is also off the chart these days. We went to Biergarten in Germany and dropped over $280 for the 4 of us. Gotta love that my 10 year old is considered an adult. None of the food is worth the prices they are charging.  Things are getting out of control.  Our AP expire in 30 days then I’m throwing all our Magic bands in the trash. First they out priced us from the campground now it’s everything else. We are going there for a long weekend in a few weeks for our swan song to at least see Galaxy edge which I hear is Wayyyyy over hyped.  Nice that they couldn’t even finish the back sides of the rock spires so it looks like crap from the road. Bob Iger can’t leave quick enough. Hope he takes Kathleen Kennedy with him and replace them with someone who really knew what Walt’s dream was, a place where “EVERYONE “ can enjoy. (Not just the rich and famous)

The entrance to EPCOT and TTC requires the Bataan Death March to reach the entrances.

Progress is inevitable, but like you said they could've done it better.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

The entrance to EPCOT and TTC requires the Bataan Death March to reach the entrances.

Progress is inevitable, but like you said they could've done it better.

All of the construction walls have created giant pinch points in Epcot for crowds trying to exit after Illuminations. They should have thought about that when scheduling the debut of the new fireworks show.

TCD

21 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

All of the construction walls have created giant pinch points in Epcot for crowds trying to exit after Illuminations. They should have thought about that when scheduling the debut of the new fireworks show.

TCD

I like the progress but your right. On busy days now it’s impossible to move or leave the parks because of construction.  I guess it’s funny how I complain about construction now when a few years back we all complained that there was never any progress.  I just hate with progress prices go up and price out us normal people

10 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

I like the progress but your right. On busy days now it’s impossible to move or leave the parks because of construction.  I guess it’s funny how I complain about construction now when a few years back we all complained that there was never any progress.  I just hate with progress prices go up and price out us normal people

But your point about them doing too much at the same time is valid. They went a LONG time just taking our money, closing down stuff and raising prices. Now they're playing catch-up. Dumb. 

TCD

I do agree it has gotten a little overpriced to do a lot of stuff at Disney. I can't believe you did the Biergarten. I can't bring myself to pay that to watch my kid it one spoon full of Mac and cheese and not even like it. Mine is also a adult in the eyes of disney now. 

Since we are not rope drop folks, we intend on boating to MK on our Epcot days, then bussing to Beach Club or a Skyliner resort, then entering Epcot through the International Gateway. Since my fountain is gone, except for Soarin, no real reason to enter FutureWorld right now.

6 hours ago, BeckersDadJohn said:

Monday from All Star Music we bussed to Disney HW studios, Skylined to Epcot, had lunch in France and boated back to Disney HW studios bussed back to All Star Music.  

What boat did you take from Epcot to HW studios? 

I was thinking, on our next trip, doing the Skyliner from HW studios to Epcot also. I didn't know you could ride a boat between the two.

29 minutes ago, Ivy said:

I was thinking, on our next trip, doing the Skyliner from HW studios to Epcot also. I didn't know you could ride a boat between the two.

They run the Friendship boats from the International Gateway to the Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach club, Swan/Dolphin, and then Hollywood Studios. And in reverse. 

8 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

They run the Friendship boats from the International Gateway to the Boardwalk, Yacht/Beach club, Swan/Dolphin, and then Hollywood Studios. And in reverse. 

Heads up that with all the resort stops, it's a fairly slow ride, so I wouldn't go that route if you're in a rush.

We've walked it and beat the boat more than once. 

On 10/3/2019 at 12:20 AM, Ivy said:

Katman1356 is spot on and detailed with answer.  You board or disembark in EPCOT near the bridge at Fish & chips near Rose& crown England.  Gets you off your feet for awhile.