Any advice on booking fast passes?

Our trip to WDW is in 74 days, according to the app on my phone.  That means I need to book fast passes in 14 days!!  Yikes!!

First question is what time I need to be home to book FP+?  I know it used to be midnight on the morning of 60 days before check-in.  I think it changed to 7AM?  Is that right?

Any other big changes?  Of course, I am trying to book the most popular rides during the most popular time for 9 of us.  Piece of cake, right??

Here's how far I have gotten in my planning.

2019-10-10.png

2019-10-10 (1).png

If you do not get your desired time and date be flexible and  pound the app.  What I mean is break up your party into small digestible bits and chose the time first then figure out the rest of your day around your fast pass schedule.  Pounding the app means that whenever you have spare time get on the app and see if anything has opened up.  While I drive to the park my wife gets on her cellphone and constantly checks on availability.   There are always cancellations.   I got on to Flights of Passage two weeks after it opened as I was driving to the park and my wife told me to step on it,  we had fast passes in 30 minutes.  There is almost always room on most rides for single passengers if you can work that out.

We take a totally different approach to FP+. We book our three FP+ for later in the afternoon. I also rarely book 60 days out. Except for Seven Dwarves and Flight of Passage, can usually get what we want. Since hubby is not an early riser, and not a thrill ride rider, I will usually do rope drop on the thrill rides a few mornings, then head back to the Fort before Rick gets up.

21 hours ago, DinDavie said:

Pounding the app means that whenever you have spare time get on the app and see if anything has opened up.  While I drive to the park my wife gets on her cellphone and constantly checks on availability.   There are always cancellations.   

Good advice!  My last trip with my SIL she was a whiz at snagging last minute FPs.