Resort Monorail Restrictions

Someone posted on FB, that the Resort Monorails are now being restricted to Resort Guests only, when the MK closes.

They claim that CMs were scanning MB's to see if the riders were current guests at the Contemporary, Poly and GF.  Not sure about SOG.

Is this something new and has anyone encountered it?

We usually leave before the park closes so I didn't know if this is new,been going on for a while or just a rumor?

There were a couple hundred replies, but none that answered or confirmed what the original poster was asking.

13 minutes ago, Beckers said:

I read that somewhere too (probably the same whacky FB group 😂

I saw it too. I didn't wade through all the comments, but I skimmed and  it was unclear to me if this is a new policy, if it's happening every night, or if it was some sort of weird one-off on a party night.

If crowds were high, I could see them trying to keep the resort line for resort guests only, but scanning MBs sounds like it would just slow things down further and make a bigger mess.

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I saw it too. I didn't wade through all the comments, but I skimmed and  it was unclear to me if this is a new policy, if it's happening every night, or if it was some sort of weird one-off on a party night.

If crowds were high, I could see them trying to keep the resort line for resort guests only, but scanning MBs sounds like it would just slow things down further and make a bigger mess.

Last time we left MK on a mid day we started up the express ramp and saw it was all backed up so we went to the resort side.

That took a while for the monorail to arrive, but in the meantime the express sat there, with a lot of CMs walking back and forth, someone coming out of the control tower, the pilot getting out, then all the doors opening up.

Our monorail arrived and the express was still sitting there when we left.

I think they should keep running the buses all day, because the monorails keep having issues the the ferry is too slow and crowded.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Last time we left MK on a mid day we started up the express ramp and saw it was all backed up so we went to the resort side.

Whenever I'm headed to TTC I always check out both lines and if there's a significant difference, I take the shorter one.

We were there yesterday near the 6PM closing time and took the resort monorail with no issues.  An easier solution, if needed, would be to simply turn the resort monorail in a "resort express" at closing, having it skip the TTC stop.  While people could walk there from the Polynesian, many would opt to just wait for the express.  No need to check magic bands and deal with those trying to get to the resorts to get a meal.