Yes, it closed this morning.  A large chain-link fence is being constructed from the old Clementine's Beach past the playground all the way to the water at the marina.  I have a picture I took this morning and another one this afternoon with my phone.  Just posted them on FaceBook,  The sign says to use the playgrounds at 300, 1300, and the Meadows recreation area.

1 hour ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Yes, it closed this morning.  A large chain-link fence is being constructed from the old Clementine's Beach past the playground all the way to the water at the marina.  I have a picture I took this morning and another one this afternoon with my phone.  Just posted them on FaceBook,  The sign says to use the playgrounds at 300, 1300, and the Meadows recreation area.

I saw your pic on FB, Gwen.  I had no idea that they were doing this.  This one really hurts this mama's heart.  So...so many memories.  Honestly:  tears.

14 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Just found you on FB and saw the pics, that's a sad sight!!

On 10/17/2019 at 11:55 PM, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

I thought the one by the dog park had swings? 

12 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

No I wish they did, unless they added some lately.

Kristie isn't crazy. The 300 loop playground used to have swings. And one of those roller slides that would pinch your fingers if you weren't careful. Those things got trashed a few years ago during an "upgrade."

TCD

On 10/17/2019 at 11:55 PM, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

I thought the one by the dog park had swings? 

12 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

No I wish they did, unless they added some lately.

Kristie isn't crazy. The 300 loop playground used to have swings. And one of those roller slides that would pinch your fingers if you weren't careful. Those things got trashed a few years ago during an "upgrade."

Actually, that upgrade happened 11 years ago according to this post I made on another site in September 2008:

So, I heard that there was some work being done on the playground near the 300 loop.

Sure enough, there is new equipment, but there are some important things missing!

First of all, the swings are gone. This mulch area is where they used to be:

Jonas908150.jpg

My DD's are going to miss the swings here. :(

Here is a shot of the new equipment. Nice, but no lumberjack log roller, and no hand glider:

Jonas908151.jpg

TCD

13 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Actually, that upgrade happened 11 years ago according to this post I made on another site in September 2008:

So, I heard that there was some work being done on the playground near the 300 loop.

Sure enough, there is new equipment, but there are some important things missing!

First of all, the swings are gone. This mulch area is where they used to be:

Jonas908150.jpg

My DD's are going to miss the swings here. :(

Here is a shot of the new equipment. Nice, but no lumberjack log roller, and no hand glider:

Jonas908151.jpg

TCD

History repeats itself 11 years later and now my daughter will miss the swings😟

Big update!  Construction began today on a new playground between Crockett's Tavern and the Trading Post.  Beside the golf cart parking lot.  I put a few pics on my FB page.  We hadn't heard any rumors or seen any announcements about this.  

3 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Big update!  Construction began today on a new playground between Crockett's Tavern and the Trading Post.  Beside the golf cart parking lot.  I put a few pics on my FB page.  We hadn't heard any rumors or seen any announcements about this.  

That's wonderful if they just put swings in all will be right in the world again  (at least in my daughters eyes)

19 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Now..if only they could complete it in the next week.  LOL

3 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Word is it's going to take two months.  You know how Disney time is!

Sounds right. They've only know the beach was going to be fenced off for a couple of years. No need to build the new playground before the old one closed. They can do whatever they want and there will still be enough dummies to fill the campsites 

TCD

15 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Sounds right. They've only know the beach was going to be fenced off for a couple of years. No need to build the new playground before the old one closed. They can do whatever they want and there will still be enough dummies to fill the campsites 

TCD

But they just spent all that $$ last year to put the ugly chain link fence around the playground, so maybe it's one department not speaking to another?

Like when the city rips up a street for a water problem then repaves it, and a month later the sewer department rips it up again.

But as soon as the project was green lighted they should've built the new playground.

10 minutes ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

I am having a hard time picturing were the new playground will be. The area being mentioned seems like a very high traffic area?

If you look at a satellite map, (unless it's been taken over by cart parking), there is a grassy/tree area to the right of where the Christmas tree goes and between the cart parking going towards the beach.  Not nearly as large as what they just closed.

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

They're probably going to move the playground equipment over to the new location; and they probably didn't want to tear up the old playground until the fence was up.  Seems like the could have prepped the new area in time to move everything over quickly.  Maybe they are hearing a lot of complaints and decided last minute to build the new playground.

5 hours ago, djsamuel said:

They're probably going to move the playground equipment over to the new location; and they probably didn't want to tear up the old playground until the fence was up.  Seems like the could have prepped the new area in time to move everything over quickly.  Maybe they are hearing a lot of complaints and decided last minute to build the new playground.

I would be surprised if they used the old equipment. Much simpler to have a company install new equipment with fresh hardware. Then having someone try to reassemble 20 plus year old hardware, and the cost of new equipment would be nothing to Disney when you factor that in. But who knows I am not running the place and Disney is far from logical at times.