13 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I would be surprised if they used the old equipment. Much simpler to have a company install new equipment with fresh hardware. Then having someone try to reassemble 20 plus year old hardware, and the cost of new equipment would be nothing to Disney when you factor that in. But who knows I am not running the place and Disney is far from logical at times.

You may very well be right.  The only thing that has me thinking otherwise is the fact that most of the climbing parts of the playground could be pretty easily moved in only a few pieces.  But it would probably be easier to install new.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Reached my pic limit, but it's open and swings are swinging.

Thanks for the update my daughter is smiling that she will have a swing. Kids, all the rides at Disney and she was worried about her swing at the Fort. 

Friends staying with us spent two hours at the playground the other day having an awesome time. 2 normal swings and 2 swings that look almost like car seats but no straps. Not being knowledgeable in these things I can only guess better for toddlers to stay in? It looks great with one of those rubber/squishy ground coverings. I can honestly say (and I don’t really have a horse in this race) this playground set up looks nicer to me than the old one. 

14 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Friends staying with us spent two hours at the playground the other day having an awesome time. 2 normal swings and 2 swings that look almost like car seats but no straps. Not being knowledgeable in these things I can only guess better for toddlers to stay in? It looks great with one of those rubber/squishy ground coverings. I can honestly say (and I don’t really have a horse in this race) this playground set up looks nicer to me than the old one. 

Yes those are for toddlers. I would always swing my girl as high as she wanted to go. I would always get a frustrated look from the mom next to me when there kid would point and say I want to go high like her mommy. Then my daughter would say something like why don't they swing high daddy? (She was only 2 at the time or 3)

On 12/26/2019 at 8:09 AM, Katman1356...Jason said:

They’re also great for kids with special needs. I agree about it looking nicer. 

• 3 weeks later...

We’re here today...our take is the area looks very nice, but the actual green space for kids to run around (to play tag, for example) has been cut in half, if not more. That’s the one thing we did not like.  This smaller space also puts the swings dangerously close to the play equipment.

• 3 weeks later...