Cali Grill - quick thoughts

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:39 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We had dinner at California Grill on October 25, and the sides to the filets were definitely not hashbrowns and tomatoes.  David had a big crock of mac and cheese (which he said was very good) and another small side of sauteed spinach and onions (he thought this was pretty good, but I thought it was delicious).  I don't eat mac and cheese, so I asked for green beans.  Both our meals were excellent.

Glad they got rid of those sides. I wish they would bring back the truffle risotto and asparagus from a few years ago. Those were awesome.

11 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

We were the very first time we went, I think it was 2006.  Been back twice since and not impressed either time - once the service was just awful. 

For steak our go to has been Yachtsmen but we haven't been in a few years now and haven't tried Shula's.

I’m a big fan of yachtsman!

22 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

For steak our go to has been Yachtsmen but we haven't been in a few years now and haven't tried Shula's.

We've only been to Yachtsman once and will never go back.  That was honestly the worst steak I've ever had anywhere.  Golden Corral would have been better.  We were so disappointed.

Slight hijack...

All of this talk of inconsistent quality makes me appreciate our local favorite even more. If you are ever close to Guntersville, AL go to Old Towne Stockhouse. It is the best steak I have ever had. Their filet is always on point and cheaper than any Disney filet.

https://www.oldtownstockhouse.com/

On 11/16/2019 at 8:22 AM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

We've only been to Yachtsman once and will never go back.  That was honestly the worst steak I've ever had anywhere.  Golden Corral would have been better.  We were so disappointed.

That's a shame.  We haven't been for quite a few years now (since before they totally changed up the menu and jacked the prices WAY up), but up to that point it was some of the best steak we'd had anywhere. 

On 11/16/2019 at 9:23 AM, ImDownWithDisney said:

Slight hijack...

All of this talk of inconsistent quality makes me appreciate our local favorite even more. If you are ever close to Guntersville, AL go to Old Towne Stockhouse. It is the best steak I have ever had. Their filet is always on point and cheaper than any Disney filet.

https://www.oldtownstockhouse.com/

Our local hangout T-Bones is also one of the best steak places around.  It's a small NH chain, with a few places throughout the state, luckily one 5 minutes from my house. On top of really high quality meat, they know how to cook it perfectly no matter how you like it. It's the only place I'll actually let my incredibly picky mother (who likes her steak so rare it's barely stopped mooing) order beef when we go out to eat.  

On 11/17/2019 at 4:10 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

That's a shame.  We haven't been for quite a few years now (since before they totally changed up the menu and jacked the prices WAY up), but up to that point it was some of the best steak we'd had anywhere. 

Our local hangout T-Bones is also one of the best steak places around.  It's a small NH chain, with a few places throughout the state, luckily one 5 minutes from my house. On top of really high quality meat, they know how to cook it perfectly no matter how you like it. It's the only place I'll actually let my incredibly picky mother (who likes her steak so rare it's barely stopped mooing) order beef when we go out to eat.  

Reminds me of my mother too.  She liked it warm, like sliced off the cow and run over a candle flame..