‘Here We Go Again!’ Exciting Updates to Star Tours — The Adventures Continue

From the Disney Parks Blog 

Since the launch of Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, we’ve had a great time partnering with Lucasfilm and Industrial Light & Magic to update the attraction with new and exciting destinations. Passengers who board the Starspeeder 1000 never know where in the galaxy their pilot C-3PO and navigator R2-D2 will take them. We’ve added flights to Jakku, Crait and even Batuu!  Along the way, we’ve encountered many of our favorite characters from the Skywalker saga.

I know that many of you are as excited as I am about the December 20th film launch of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Today I’m equally excited to announce that on the same December date, Star Tours – The Adventures Continue will be adding new destinations inspired by the latest episode of the Star Wars saga … at Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Paris and Tokyo Disney Resort.

In the trailers for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, you caught glimpses of the ocean moon Kef Bir. All I can say at this point is that Starspeeders will be heading there soon!

We’ll be sharing more details in the future, but for now I just wanted to say how super-excited we are that Star Tours – The Adventures Continue is continuing to live up to its name. As C-3PO would say, “Here we go again!”

Interesting. 

When they announced they were going to build Galaxy's Edge, I wondered what would happen to Star Tours since it's not located in that land. 

Apparently, it's going to stay open. I think the story CM's have been fed is that Star Tours exists as a Space Port independent of the planet of Batuu. And Space Ports can be located anywhere in the universe, so both of these things can exist in the same park. 

TCD

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Interesting. 

When they announced they were going to build Galaxy's Edge, I wondered what would happen to Star Tours since it's not located in that land. 

Apparently, it's going to stay open. I think the story CM's have been fed is that Star Tours exists as a Space Port independent of the planet of Batuu. And Space Ports can be located anywhere in the universe, so both of these things can exist in the same park. 

TCD

I was wondering the same thing, I always assumed they would make some kind of transition or something for it, but honestly forgot about it since the new land opened.  That space port story is a cheap out why part of star wars isn't in Galaxy's Edge.

WBI