We’ve been here at the Fort for a week and I’ve noticed that my band would not open the back gate(the one that is hefty to the one you exit through) I haven’t really had a chance to ask anyone until today and sure enough the security guard at the front said they made the back gate buses only recently. It’s a shame, I always found it much easier than trying to fit around all the people waiting to check in or arriving for Hoop. Anyone hear anything about this?

1 hour ago, ncitro said:

We’ve been here at the Fort for a week and I’ve noticed that my band would not open the back gate(the one that is hefty to the one you exit through) I haven’t really had a chance to ask anyone until today and sure enough the security guard at the front said they made the back gate buses only recently. It’s a shame, I always found it much easier than trying to fit around all the people waiting to check in or arriving for Hoop. Anyone hear anything about this?

Yeah they stopped letting everyone in there around May. It was was easier to pull the coach through there, such a shame.

38 minutes ago, FortNick03 said:

Yeah they stopped letting everyone in there around May. It was was easier to pull the coach through there, such a shame.

I noticed the same thing when we're there last I just thought it was our bands not working 

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Bummer, but I had a feeling that was going to happen eventually.

While definitely more convenient for campers, it was harder for Disney to keep an eye on what else was coming and going through there.

And  too many people had MB that didn't work or none at all  and they blocked the buses far too many times.  

When we were there, even at the return guest gate, there were so many problems at the reader, they had someone at that gate scanning MBs manually and opening the gate. So with those issues at the back gate, it was really a problem for the buses.

We found out the “hard way” last night coming back. 2 busses were queued up behind us and had to wait while we backed up and turned around. Disney needs to put up some sort of sign...

23 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

And  too many people had MB that didn't work or none at all  and they blocked the buses far too many times.  

I remember when the gate to the campground was right at the intersection of the overflow lot and Fort Wilderness Trail in front of the bus depot.

There was a camera in a globe and you showed your paper pass and they opened the  gate for you.

9 hours ago, Travisma said:

I remember when the gate to the campground was right at the intersection of the overflow lot and Fort Wilderness Trail in front of the bus depot.

There was a camera in a globe and you showed your paper pass and they opened the  gate for you.

I remember this! What a throwback. The magic bands are problematic and a waste of an investment Disney isn't seeing a return on. Such a shame. And besides all of the issues, they're creepy and collect way to much of our data for my liking. 

9 hours ago, FortNick03 said:

I remember this! What a throwback. The magic bands are problematic and a waste of an investment Disney isn't seeing a return on. Such a shame. And besides all of the issues, they're creepy and collect way to much of our data for my liking. 

Someone on another FB site was upset because their daughters picture was taken when her finger didn't scan.

People were all over her saying that was normal, that she had posted the kids picture all over FB, and that your pictures and data are scanned and taken various times all over the MK.

On a side note, SeaWorld/Busch parks did away with the finger scans a couple of years ago.  The first time you go to a park and scan your pass, they take your picture.  From then on when you scan your card, your picture pops up on a device the person at the gate carries. Saves a lot of time getting in.

Since Disney has people at every scanning point they should just switch over to that system and save time with peoples fingers not scanning.

On a completely different note... but close to the back gate... I still don't get all the RVs that site in the overflow lot:  for DAYS.   Heck, we saw one RV (early morning and then very late at night) parked with all the other cars (have no idea where all these people were) on the grass once you've entered the Fort and started towards the loop (by the TOAD drop off);  that RV had a slide open and appeared to be "camping" there for the night. :huh:

17 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

On a completely different note... but close to the back gate... I still don't get all the RVs that site in the overflow lot:  for DAYS.   Heck, we saw one RV (early morning and then very late at night) parked with all the other cars (have no idea where all these people were) on the grass once you've entered the Fort and started towards the loop (by the TOAD drop off);  that RV had a slide open and appeared to be "camping" there for the night. :huh:

Or the full sized RV/motorhome that was shoehorned into a partial site.  Someone on FB said that if the full/premium sites are full Disney just puts them in the partial sites.

13 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Or the full sized RV/motorhome that was shoehorned into a partial site.  Someone on FB said that if the full/premium sites are full Disney just puts them in the partial sites.

Yes!!  Actually... that one frustrated me because with our "smaller" (still 34' but smaller than the 40' we had ^_^), we could fit into several of the sites in the 1500 loop and would GLADLY do so, to save money.

Ugh... oh well.

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yes!!  Actually... that one frustrated me because with our "smaller" (still 34' but smaller than the 40' we had ^_^), we could fit into several of the sites in the 1500 loop and would GLADLY do so, to save money.

Ugh... oh well.

Well we all know that the biggest breaker of the Fort rules is Disney/Fort themselves.

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I thought Disney would let people park their RV's in the overflow lot if they were staying at the Fort as part of a DCL trip so some of those long term RV's might be related to that. I also wonder if some might be there prestaged for their preferred RV rental vendor. 

2 hours ago, keith_h said:

I thought Disney would let people park their RV's in the overflow lot if they were staying at the Fort as part of a DCL trip so some of those long term RV's might be related to that. I also wonder if some might be there prestaged for their preferred RV rental vendor. 

See... I didn't think they would.  Mom and dad want to do a family DCL trip next year, with a few days before/after at the Fort.  I need to find out if they'll let us keep our rig there.

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

See... I didn't think they would.  Mom and dad want to do a family DCL trip next year, with a few days before/after at the Fort.  I need to find out if they'll let us keep our rig there.

We did.  Also they may send you over to Riverside since they have  more parking area depending on the time of the year and how busy they are.

6 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

They definitely have in the past. 

15 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

We did.  Also they may send you over to Riverside since they have  more parking area depending on the time of the year and how busy they are.

Good to know!  Is there a charge for leaving your rig there?

11 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

They definitely have in the past. 

Thank you!

On 11/6/2019 at 7:44 AM, Travisma said:

On a side note, SeaWorld/Busch parks did away with the finger scans a couple of years ago.  The first time you go to a park and scan your pass, they take your picture.  From then on when you scan your card, your picture pops up on a device the person at the gate carries. Saves a lot of time getting in.

This is the system they use in Disneyland. Works fine there. 

We have the finger scanners because we have Magic Bands, and after all the money they spent forcing that on us, they won't back down and admit there's a better way. 

And don't worry, they DO take a photo every time a guest scans in. What do you think those CM's with iPads that stand a bit back from the scanners are looking at?  If you don't believe me, look up and smile the next time you scan in to a park. 

TCD