Out with the old, in with the new

On 11/22/2019 at 10:05 AM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I really hate "those dog people" that ruin it for the rest of us that are responsible, but I hate it even more when Disney doesn't enforce it's own rules and lets it happen. (argh)

Yes!!

:bell_winner-bf:

That's a ridiculous "I just don't want to deal with it" answer.  First of all, they absolutely can, BY LAW, ask if a dog is a service dog. Under the ADA you can ask  if the dog is a service animal that is required due to a disability, and what type of work or task the dog has been trained to do. The ADA only prohibits them from asking about a person’s disability. 

And in the case of dogs in tents, their own website says this right now...

"Please note: Pets are not allowed in pop-up trailers or tents."

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/rooms-packages/camping-pet-friendly/

So.... either the guests lied (even by omission) at check-in, which is easy enough for Disney to confirm since everyone checking in with a pet has to sign something, or someone at check-in screwed up. Either way, Disney should deal with it and not let one guest impact all the other guests around them.

And I can't lay my hands on it at the moment, but I could swear that piece of paper you sign at check-in addresses dogs misbehaving.

I really hate "those dog people" that ruin it for the rest of us that are responsible, but I hate it even more when Disney doesn't enforce it's own rules and lets it happen. (argh)

The biggest breaker of Disney rules is Disney itself.

We mentioned about that no pets in tents notice, and that's when the CM told us they couldn't ask if they were service dogs.

They have been allowing all kinds and sizes of campers in the partial loops for years, even though their pages say partial loops are for tents, pop ups, and van campers.

There was a picture on a Fort FB page of a Class A shoehorned into a site on the 2000 loop over Halloween.

So I won't feel bad about parking my T@B on a partial, it's smaller than a lot of PUPs.

We got exactly what we expected when we went to the Outpost office. We didn't go in complaining, we went in asking questions. Same song and dance about why they allow 2000 to be overrun like a third world country.

We were having too good of a stay to take it up to the next notch and ask for a supervisor since we would get the same answer.

I'm sure it's in our records that we were already comped a night a few years ago because of all the BS in 2000. So if they were smart they would've done their best not to assign us that loop again. But our last 3 stays have all been in 2000 even with faxing in a request for 1500 sites.

On 11/23/2019 at 4:07 PM, Travisma said:

The biggest breaker of Disney rules is Disney itself.

We mentioned about that no pets in tents notice, and that's when the CM told us they couldn't ask if they were service dogs.

They have been allowing all kinds and sizes of campers in the partial loops for years, even though their pages say partial loops are for tents, pop ups, and van campers.

There was a picture on a Fort FB page of a Class A shoehorned into a site on the 2000 loop over Halloween.

So I won't feel bad about parking my T@B on a partial, it's smaller than a lot of PUPs.

We got exactly what we expected when we went to the Outpost office. We didn't go in complaining, we went in asking questions. Same song and dance about why they allow 2000 to be overrun like a third world country.

We were having too good of a stay to take it up to the next notch and ask for a supervisor since we would get the same answer.

I'm sure it's in our records that we were already comped a night a few years ago because of all the BS in 2000. So if they were smart they would've done their best not to assign us that loop again. But our last 3 stays have all been in 2000 even with faxing in a request for 1500 sites.

Plenty of small TT's in the 2000 loop this week too. Sorry you had some rude neighbors. 

So.... either the guests lied (even by omission) at check-in, which is easy enough for Disney to confirm since everyone checking in with a pet has to sign something, or someone at check-in screwed up. Either way, Disney should deal with it and not let one guest impact all the other guests around them.

With the new system it is easy to "miss" telling them about pets.  If you forget to do the little drop-down menu when booking and check the pet box they never know you have one.  More an more people are just bypassing check in and going direct to campsites.

Even when I have checked the box, I have bypassed check in and have not signed the form.

15 hours ago, tim5055 said:

With the new system it is easy to "miss" telling them about pets.  If you forget to do the little drop-down menu when booking and check the pet box they never know you have one.  More an more people are just bypassing check in and going direct to campsites.

Even when I have checked the box, I have bypassed check in and have not signed the form.

Good point and another reason the standard reservation system isn't really suited to the Fort.

However if someone is actually making a complaint about their neighbor's pets, it's not hard at all for management to check and see if they checked in with some or not, and then follow up.

And there's a liability component when it comes to so many people camping with dogs (hence the agreement they want you to sign) that I expect Disney to get on top of at some point with the new system. Hopefully before something bad happens like somebody gets bitten by a dog that's not up-to-date on their vax.