Short but sweet!

Hi everyone! We just arrived back home yesterday after 4 great nights at the fort. We got lucky and missed 5 inches of snow at home and a day of a high of 15.

We went down to help out a friend that has a second home about a hour south of the fort. This trip was just me and my husband. In May we celebrated 25 years of marriage. His birthday is in September and mine is next week. We had lot's to celebrate.

We arrived Monday afternoon after helping out our friend. The weather was sunny and 84 it felt great! Check in took about 30 min. We got site 2020. I asked for 1500 loop told all full. My husband likes to joke around a lot. He told the CM we would be leaving and going home then. That poor girl I said he is just joking! We got the choice of staying for the one night and moving to 1500 for the rest. We said yes please. 2020 seemed ok I did not see any big groups but, we all know 1500 is the place to be. We set up the tent, made beds and, went out to eat.

It has become a tradition to eat at Sweet Tomatoes on are first night. After stuffing ourselves we headed back. We got ready for bed and just relaxed for a while we had driven down from Wisconsin pretty much straight and we had no energy left. I loved hearing all the sounds of the fort has I fell asleep.

Good start. 

It's really a shame that the 2000 loop has turned into the party/no rules apply loop.

If they cracked down on the rule breakers maybe they would get the hint and go to another campground. 

There are some really nice sites on the loop. 

What they need to do is create a dedicated path from 2000 over to the group camp area and to the bridge to the 900 loop so you don't have to walk between a couple of sites.

Today was the day I was most looking forward to. We are going to Mickey's very merry Christmas party! We have never been to any after hours event and I could not wait!

We got up showered, dressed and made breakfast. Today the sun was shinning and it was a beautiful day the high was going to be 84. Remember we are leaving this site?  We packed the tent back up and went over to the 1500 loop to check things out. When we checked in the CM gave us the choice of 1505 or 1506 we told her to pick for us. There was about 5 empty sites including the two choices we had been given. We then drove over to the Outpost. We headed in to see if are site was ready. . We got in line and waited about 5 min. A CM came over on a I Pad to help us. While we explained what was going on the super friendly CM that checked us in came out. She filled the CM in on what was going on. The new CM went into the back came out a few min later and told us it would not be long. And are site was 1505. We would get a text when ready.  It was now about 11:20. Off we went to Kroger to get something for dinner and a few other things. When we arrived back we still had no text. We decided to drive over to the site and see for ourselves. The site looked fine to us. We have a plug in cooler that we use has a fridge we took that out in plugged it in. Put the groceries away and I called the front desk. We still did not have a text on are site. While I was on hold a worker that clean the sites came over. I told her the site was fine to us and she didn't need to clean it up. Just then a CM came on the phone. I explained what just happened and she said ok if your fine with the site not being clean. While I was on the phone my husband had started to put up the tent. After this was done I had called home to my son and my dad to rub it in that I was sitting in Disney while they had to shovel . We had a cold drink and relaxed for a bit.

UP next how was the party? Would we like it? Would it be crowded? Does the weather hold up?

18 hours ago, Robin said:

Today was the day I was most looking forward to. We are going to Mickey's very merry Christmas party! We have never been to any after hours event and I could not wait!

We got up showered, dressed and made breakfast. Today the sun was shinning and it was a beautiful day the high was going to be 84. Remember we are leaving this site?  We packed the tent back up and went over to the 1500 loop to check things out. When we checked in the CM gave us the choice of 1505 or 1506 we told her to pick for us. There was about 5 empty sites including the two choices we had been given. We then drove over to the Outpost. We headed in to see if are site was ready. . We got in line and waited about 5 min. A CM came over on a I Pad to help us. While we explained what was going on the super friendly CM that checked us in came out. She filled the CM in on what was going on. The new CM went into the back came out a few min later and told us it would not be long. And are site was 1505. We would get a text when ready.  It was now about 11:20. Off we went to Kroger to get something for dinner and a few other things. When we arrived back we still had no text. We decided to drive over to the site and see for ourselves. The site looked fine to us. We have a plug in cooler that we use has a fridge we took that out in plugged it in. Put the groceries away and I called the front desk. We still did not have a text on are site. While I was on hold a worker that clean the sites came over. I told her the site was fine to us and she didn't need to clean it up. Just then a CM came on the phone. I explained what just happened and she said ok if your fine with the site not being clean. While I was on the phone my husband had started to put up the tent. After this was done I had called home to my son and my dad to rub it in that I was sitting in Disney while they had to shovel . We had a cold drink and relaxed for a bit.

UP next how was the party? Would we like it? Would it be crowded? Does the weather hold up?

Oh... I hope you loved the Christmas party!  It is my absolute favorite!  Unfortunately for us, they oversold terribly last year and it was butt-to-butt people.  Not good.  But the decorations and parade are my favorite ❤️   Glad you got a spot over in 1500; that's such a sweet site.

I knew that you could enter MK at 4 with a party ticket. We had a late lunch early dinner packed sweatshirts and was off. We decided to drive it was tempting to take the boat over on such a beautiful day. Thinking a head I knew it would be easier at the end of the night to drive. We got almost the last spot under the monorail. That will make it easy to find the van at night. We decided to take the ferry over. We just made it right after we boarded they closed it. We arrived right at 4 found lines to be short got in and got our part wristbands.  MK was very pretty I loved seeing the tree.It has been 5 years since we had had been for Christmas.I was able to make 2 fastpasses a head of time before 6 first was Buzz. We headed over there got in line and pretty much walked right thru and on we went. I lost big time. We had some time before next pass what to do? Well people mover of course. Now this had a long line my husband suggested we wait. I did not want to wait the line was moving fast we got in line. We did not wait very long and it was nice to sit for a few min after all the hustle to get here. After we hit bathrooms and ,got free water from counter service. We made it over to our next pass Pirates. We still had some time my husband suggested the  tree house. We have not done this  for a long while. We couldn't think of a reason why not.  After our work out of steps we headed over to  Pirates. Got the green light and got got in line. We waited maybe 10 min. I'm sorry to say that after being to Disneyland this version seemed sad. We could not believe how short this ride is. We still like it and will ride it but, not a favorite anymore. Now it's about 5:20 we are doing good on time. The park does not seem to busy. We walked over to my favorite ride of all the parks Big Thunder. Wait time said 20 min took about 15. There was a great CM singing Oklahoma while working. We got off and headed over to Haunted Mansion. We are really moving along and we are walking at a nice pace. It's so much easier with 2 adults. Again 20 min wait time was posted. We got in line and pretty much walked right thru. No time to play in line. Made it in to the stretching room and on the ride. After braving the ghost what's next? Party should be starting soon.  Does our luck with rides, weather and, crowds stay?

What's next? We go back to see if the riverboat is still running. My husband really likes this. They had just put the rope across so missed it.

We head onto Fantasyland and check on wait times for the mine train. 40 min was posted we have only been on this once before we have a discussion should we ride or wait till later.

I know 40 min is not bad but I think we can do better later we decide to wait till later. Small world wait is 5 min let's do it.   After this we have about 10 min till the part officially starts. We start to head over to the first treat stop. On the way I see people with cookies and drinks they had started to hand out early. We head into Pinocchio Haus and get cookies, hot chocolate and grape Fanta soda. I heard last year they had snow cones I would of liked that better. I'm not a fan of grape Fanta. I gave mine to my husband. I also don't like the fact that they are in plastic cups all going in the garbage. Next we get in line for Friars Nook and get another cookie. We had brought a bag with us so in the bag they go for another time when I need a Disney fix. We then head over to Storybook Snacks and get a snowman shaped pretzel. We sit down have are treat and send pics to are son back home. Sorry Brandon couldn't help to rub it in. We watched a little bit of the Storybook Dance party and talked about what's next.

Now we have only been on the Barnstormer once when my son was little let's go check it out. There was no line in fact there was a empty seat on our train and we each rode alone.  It's a fun little ride but I wouldn't wait in line for it. Next is a ride first for my husband and one I have not done again since my son was little Dumbo. We walked right thru and got on the next ride. OMG I could not believe the wait times.

Will are good fortune last? 

20 hours ago, Robin said:

e Barnstormer once when my son was little let's go check it out. There was no line in fact there was a empty seat on our train and we each rode alone.  It's a fun little ride but I wouldn't wait in line for it. Next is a ride first for my husband and one I have not done again since my son was little Dumbo. We walked right thru and got on the next ride. OMG I could not believe the wait times.

Will are good fortune last? 

Oh... I hope so!  That's how the parties are supposed to be! ❤️

Ok we left off watching the dance party. What's next? Well more hot chocolate and cookies of course. We made are way over to Cosmic Ray's. They had a DJ set up in there. We got are treats. My husband got cider I got Hot chocolate we both got cookies and, headed over to the speedway. Wait was posted 10 min. We got in line and was up in no time. They had holiday lights up and was really pretty. It's getting harder and harder to get out of those cars. 

I wanted another shot at Buzz so, we headed over. We got in line which was right before you enter the building. People started coming out and saying it's down. So much for that we are not waiting. Head over to Space Mountain jump in line walk up and in there is a bit of a wait it was posted 20 min. Once in we notice that no cars are going not a good sign. While waiting it had started to cool off I put my sweatshirt on. The announcement was made the ride was down. I really want to ride this. They had a special holiday lights I wanted to see. My husband does not really like this ride it's to rough on his back. He was willing to ride though. A few min later the lights go on and another announcement was made. I also wanted to see the castle lighting that was coming up soon. My husband said let's go. I think he was secretly happy it was down. I talked him into a few more min. A bunch of people started to leave the line. I gave in and said ok has the people in front of and behind us started to leave. We had not even gotten out of the building yet when we could hear cheers. I knew we should of waited. Once out of course now the line is long. We decide to come back later. We head over to see the castle show. We stopped right over the bridge. We had gotten a spot right at the front of the walkway. We had about a 15 min wait. Of course one the show starts people are trying to stop and watch in the walkway. The castle is so pretty lit up!  After the show we head back into Tomorrowland. Monster Inc show is a family favorite and they are having a holiday theme. We head on in and get stopped waiting for the next show. While waiting my husband now put's on his sweatshirt the temps are dropping. The show was super cute and we really enjoyed it. There was plenty of empty seats. Up next Adventureland.

We headed back into Adventure land we have been all over the park tonight.

We wanted to ride the Jingle Cruise. Always heard good things about this so, was excited to ride. Wait said 20 min we got in line. For some reason it was stuffy in line and it felt crowded. It seemed to take a lot longer than 20 min but, the guy behind us timed it exactly 20 min. They really had us packed in we ended up sitting in the middle. We had a good cruise director lots of jokes and cute decorations. After this we saw another cookie stop no one was in line. I walked up and asked for a cookie I was told that this was the exit and had to walk around to the entrance. Really there was not a single person in line. Ok walked up went into the entrance got are cookie and back up we went. Saw others being told the same thing I was. I guess those are the rules but, if there is no one there and you are just standing around I don't see why. We started to walk back to the hub the fireworks had just started.

We ended up stopping on the side of the castle. The hub was packed full we have been in that mess once before and never again! We could see really good no one was in front of us.  Not a bad spot for just walking up. Now the front of the castle is the place to be but my life is more important. The show was excellent! I understand that this was a new fireworks show. We had not seen the old one so, nothing to compare it with. We really liked it. We made are way through Liberty Square it now was a misty rain and was getting windy. We found are way over to The Diamond horseshoe got some eggnog and another cookie for the bag. We walked over to Mine train to check the wait. 30 min. I want to see the parade so that might be cutting it close.

We head back into Frontierland. I always like to watch parades at the beginning so head over to the starting point. It is rainy off and on and getting cold. We have some time my husband finds a bench near by to wait. I get are spot again up front no one in front of us. There was a CM handing out a roll of stickers telling everyone take one and pass it down. Something for free I'll take it. There was a couple of Cm's dancing to the music and people would clap and cheer for them when the song ended. It was nice to have something to pass the time. When it started to fill in I called my husband to come join me. Soon the parade started I loved it my husband liked it. I was getting cold the temps are still dropping. We decide to head back to Fantsyland it's now or never for Mine train. 

We find a super short wait of 10 min I was so excited. Glad we waited and not got in the 40 min line earlier. We rode we have never been in the stand by line and found it cute. Before we knew it was are turn. Loved this at night! We got off and my husband asked if I wanted to ride Space Mountain. I really wanted to ride but, I was tired and now I didn't feel like getting bumped around. The Mine train line now said 20 min we got back in line and rode again. This time we had a couple of min to play with some of the stuff while waiting. So in about 30 min we got 2 rides in I think that's pretty good. Now it was almost midnight we made are way back to the hub.

There was a show going on in front of the castle we stopped to watch for a few min. We looked around some of the shops on the way out. Wow this day went by so fast! We walked back to the van. On the way we saw a women laying in the parking lot with medical helping her. And a ambulance was just pulling in. I felt really bad for her what a way to end the night. We found are van with no problems and made are way back.

Up next how did we sleep? 

Good Job running back and fourth, sounds like you got a lot done time fly's when your having fun!!. And that's just my luck, turn around to leave an attraction because its down then your hear the cheers.

Before going on I wanted to say how much we both enjoyed the party. The atmosphere was very jolly, loved the decorations, free snacks and low crowds. What more could you ask for besides lower price and more time. I think by going in early November the crowds just had not arrived yet. I would love to do it again same time of the year. I bet close to Christmas it's a whole different thing. 

Now we arrived back to the Fort pretty quick with it still lightly raining. We had brought a space heater with us just in case. The night before we did not need it. Tonight I knew we would temps are in the 50's. I put it on low last time we used it in the tent it got toasty in there. We got ready for bed and my husband was a sleep before his head hit the pillow. I on the other hand was freezing cold! I could not warm up. I got up and turned on to high. I think because it was so windy that the heater could not keep up. I debated getting up and finding my sweatshirt. But I did not want to get out of bed. Finally about 4:30 I fell asleep only to be waken up by my husband at 6:30 who had to go the bathroom. All those drinks at the party caught up to him. I then decided to get up and find my sweatshirt. I fell back to sleep and slept till 9 finally warm I just should of gotten up and gotten my sweatshirt. 

We got up made breakfast and got ready for the day. Today we are going to go look at decorations at the other resorts and I'm going to try and talk my husband into riding the skyliner. Stay tuned to find out if I was successful.

So glad you had a great time at the party.  Sounds like the prefect blend of low crowds and a great atmosphere.  We went the first week of November last year (maybe the second or third night they offered the party?) and for us, it was a very bad choice.  Apparently the bloggers and such had stormed the park for merchandise... or something to that effect I was told.  So, it was horrible.  However, we've been there before when our experience was like your (as it should be for every guest who pays extra to attend the parties) and it was magical. 

Sorry the night's sleep was so rough.  Not getting out of bed to get a sweatshirt... LOL, I would have done that too.  I would have been afraid that getting up would have made me even colder and I do not like the cold or being cold :lol:

On 12/4/2019 at 9:43 AM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

So glad you had a great time at the party.  Sounds like the prefect blend of low crowds and a great atmosphere.  We went the first week of November last year (maybe the second or third night they offered the party?) and for us, it was a very bad choice.  Apparently the bloggers and such had stormed the park for merchandise... or something to that effect I was told.  So, it was horrible.  However, we've been there before when our experience was like your (as it should be for every guest who pays extra to attend the parties) and it was magical. 

Sorry the night's sleep was so rough.  Not getting out of bed to get a sweatshirt... LOL, I would have done that too.  I would have been afraid that getting up would have made me even colder and I do not like the cold or being cold :lol:

Glad I'm not alone in my thinking. I also hate to be cold I would rather be hot!

After breakfast we talked about what to do first. Today was a bit on the cool side. Warmer than last night but still a little windy. I was definitely wearing pants and a light sweatshirt. My husband said he might do skyliner so I wanted to get him on before he changed his mind. 

We waited about a bit with another family for a bus going over to the outpost. Once we got to the outpost it was crowded. I looked on the monitor for times we are going to start at Hollywood studios. There was a time for everything but the studios I think just had a line. We waited and waited and waited. I kept checking the monitor but was the same. The family we arrived with also was still waiting. There was a women with three small boys under what looked like the age of 4 also waiting. She definitely had her hands full. We commented that we hope she was meeting someone because I don't know how she managed alone at a park. Now buses would come but not for Studios. A women went onto a bus and asked and was told soon, great answer! There was a Cm standing there I asked him and was told 10 min. I asked about the monitor and told they were having problems another great answer. Just as a bus pulled in the monitor showed 15 min? We waited a total of 45 min to get on the road to the studios. This is why we drive to the parks. 

Once we arrived we headed right over to the skyliner. I did not give my husband much time to look at it. I knew if he he watched it moving around in the wind he would not go.

Up next does he make it on?

18 hours ago, Robin said:

After breakfast we talked about what to do first. Today was a bit on the cool side. Warmer than last night but still a little windy. I was definitely wearing pants and a light sweatshirt. My husband said he might do skyliner so I wanted to get him on before he changed his mind. 

We waited about a bit with another family for a bus going over to the outpost. Once we got to the outpost it was crowded. I looked on the monitor for times we are going to start at Hollywood studios. There was a time for everything but the studios I think just had a line. We waited and waited and waited. I kept checking the monitor but was the same. The family we arrived with also was still waiting. There was a women with three small boys under what looked like the age of 4 also waiting. She definitely had her hands full. We commented that we hope she was meeting someone because I don't know how she managed alone at a park. Now buses would come but not for Studios. A women went onto a bus and asked and was told soon, great answer! There was a Cm standing there I asked him and was told 10 min. I asked about the monitor and told they were having problems another great answer. Just as a bus pulled in the monitor showed 15 min? We waited a total of 45 min to get on the road to the studios. This is why we drive to the parks. 

Once we arrived we headed right over to the skyliner. I did not give my husband much time to look at it. I knew if he he watched it moving around in the wind he would not go.

Up next does he make it on?

With all the $$ spent on technology, salaries, etc, you would think by now Disney could get the transportation running smoother.

It's only been about 50 years to work out the bugs.

The wait time monitors were a big step in the right direction.

A CM with a Walkie Talkie at each stop in contact with transportation central could fix a lot of the issues.

Last time we were there, for the most part the buses worked, but when they don't, it's a major failure.

We were at the outpost waiting for and internal purple/orange bus.  5 yellow line buses came and went, at one point there were 2 in line and the second left empty.

We got the same soon answer you did.

EPCOT has to be the worse trying to get a bus back to the Fort.  We've waited 40 minutes while numerous/multiple buses to other resorts have come and gone, again some empty.

The bus service has been getting extremely unreliable. Sad, as it used to be our transportation of choice. Not anymore. I've actually called Guest Services and complained when we are waiting beyond the magical "20 minute"wait times, or times are not listed on the board, and a bus somehow magically appears. When you board be sure to let the bus driver know how long you waited and sometimes they will call in the complaint. Also, if you are heading to a park and are delayed by slow bus service go straight to Guest Services and they will give you time back in the form of Fast Passes for any ride. Don't let these inconveniences slide. Disney management needs to know about these epic bus failures so they can correct the situation. 

Ok off to the skyliner. We walked up and got right on no waiting. We did not have to share had it all to ourselves. It was a bit on the cool side today and a little breezy. You could feel some movement but not to bad. There are some holes in the seat for air flow and the windows do open and close. I was cold so we shut them. They move pretty fast I asked my husband how he was and he said good. He thought it wasn't to bad. He liked that it is enclosed and you don't have to look down if you don't want to. I really enjoyed getting a different look at things and I found it fun. Now maybe when it's 100 out and your packed in maybe not so fun but, today it was fun.  We did have to get off and change gondolas.This time we had 2 other couples we all had a nice chat. We got off at Epcot and walked over to the beach club.

We loved looking at all the holiday decorations and looking around the resort. We have never been over here before.

A few months before are trip I received a email  for a 50.00 gift card to look at DVC. I brought it with just in case we had time.We have looked into this before and also got a gift card then. We walked over to the DVC booth in the lobby and in no time a van picked us up. We knew we did not want to buy it 's not for us but I'll take 50.00 bucks. We arrived got our name tags got some free snacks and drinks and was shown a room. The guy doing the presentation was kind of a jerk. He kept talking about his family and how much they love DVC Yada Yada Yada . I just want my gift card. He took us over and showed us the new rooms at Riviera. He couldn't pull down the murphy beds because he told us they had to be fixed they would not come down right. Ok you would think by now they know how to install these things. He kept saying look how nice this is look how nice that is. Ya they are nice but not for us. He dropped us off in the ice cream parlor and said he had others waiting. He was done with us and I'm sure wanted someone more interested. We got some free ice cream and my 50.00 gift card. We got a van ride over to Grand Floridian. We had super friendly van drivers and had nice chats with both.

Has always the Grand Floridan was gorgeous! We walked around the lobby and loved the Gingerbread house. We went into Basin and it was fun to look and smell everything. We tried a few things out. We did not buy anything though. Next we jumped onto the Monorail and rode over to the Contemporary.  I stayed here twice way back when I was a teen with my family. I found fond memories of the great arcade that once was.They have a much smaller Gingerbread house display. It was nice but not grand. We made are way outside and took pictures with the Mickey statue out back. The silver metal one.  I love that this is still here and will be sad if they ever remove it. We walked down to the boat dock and got right on the boat. We are headed back to the fort. I never stayed at the fort growing up but we did visit it and I remember loving it! I'm so happy to be able to stay here. The captain warned us it was going to be cold and windy. He was right it had started to get cold. We arrived back got our coats jumped into the van and headed out for dinner. Next what do we have?