12 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

On the side of the road...with yet another broken weld!  Flippin!  That’s now two (total) broken spring leaf brackets, on two different rigs.

Good grief 🤦‍♀️😥

Not a good thing for this company.  Wonder how many other people have this experience with these rigs?

Hope you are no longer on the side of the road and somewhere safe.

13 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

On the side of the road...with yet another broken weld!  Flippin!  That’s now two (total) broken spring leaf brackets, on two different rigs.

Good grief 🤦‍♀️😥

Hope you weren't too far from home.  upset%20mickey.gif

13 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Hope you weren't too far from home.  upset%20mickey.gif

We were 3 hours into a 3 hour road trip.  Found a hardworking mobile welder and we’re bsck on the road...after a 4.5 hour delay.  Praising God though, as it could have been worse (no real damage) and had we not decided to go a day early, this would have happened on Thanksgiving and then...who knows how long a repair would have taken.

9 hours ago, keith_h said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope y'all made it to someplace safe.

We had pulled over for fuel, and because this has already happened to me once, I’m now inthe habit of looking underneath and checking at stops.  So, we were at a gas station when we found the broken weld and (thankfully) not on the side of a busy or deserted road.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:09 PM, kadancer said:

Oh No!  I hope you get help fast.  

It wasn’t too horrible, all things considered.  Total delay was about 4.5 hours.

23 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

That is terrible. What type of rig now? Hope your not in too bad of a spot. 

Grand Design...but same manufacturer with the frame/welds as the Keystone (Lippert).

23 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

That's horrible I am so sorry. But I have been on the side of the road my fair share with rv tire blow outs. So I can feel your pain.

Thank you.  Could have been sooo much worse, but it surely was NO fun. 

14 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Hope all goes well and a quick repair

Thank you.  It wasn’t too terrible and we made it into our campsite, late last night.

14 hours ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Not a good thing for this company.  Wonder how many other people have this experience with these rigs?

Hope you are no longer on the side of the road and somewhere safe.

Lippert has had many, many complaints which is so frustrating, as it’s dangerous.

Glad to hear your all mended, also good to hear your habit of checking things when stopped, that's a good practice to keep in place, you can never check to much in my opinion. Also great to hear that you keep a positive attitude when things go wrong, hope you continue with safe travels.

9 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Lippert has had many, many complaints which is so frustrating, as it’s dangerous.

Glad you got it fixed.  Lippert pretty much .has a monopoly since they bought Dexter's frame shop back in 2012. 

18 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Glad to hear your all mended, also good to hear your habit of checking things when stopped, that's a good practice to keep in place, you can never check to much in my opinion. Also great to hear that you keep a positive attitude when things go wrong, hope you continue with safe travels.

Thanks.  Actually...I think you were the one who initially brought up checking tire temps at stops.  That’s what actually got me checking the leaf spring shackles.  Purchased a tpms a couple of years back, so I no longer feel the tires every stop, but ever since the first weld broke, I’ve made a point of looking under and checking....so, thank you for getting me started ☺️

11 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Glad you got it fixed.  Lippert pretty much .has a monopoly since they bought Dexter's frame shop back in 2012. 

Yes, and because they hold the market, they are slow to improve.  Frustrating and dangerous.

9 hours ago, kadancer said:

Glad that you made it to your destination safely.  Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

We did, thank you.  We are at the beach and have been blessed with amazing weather.  Its been fantastic ❤️  Hope you also had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 hour ago, keith_h said:

Good to hear things are resolved and your trip was saved.

Thank you ☺️

5 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thanks.  Actually...I think you were the one who initially brought up checking tire temps at stops.  That’s what actually got me checking the leaf spring shackles.  Purchased a tpms a couple of years back, so I no longer feel the tires every stop, but ever since the first weld broke, I’ve made a point of looking under and checking....so, thank you for getting me started ☺️

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Now I will have to show your post to the wife to prove that someone does actually listen and learn when I say something :ROFLMAO-1:

22 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I'm curious...do you have to make a hard 90 turn with your rig anywhere repeatedly? 

No, that’s the crazy thing.  Nor do I overload my rig, I’m the driver that slows you down because I’m cautious and don’t fly over train tracks or pot holes and I’m always careful about not hitting curbs.  That’s what has us shaking our heads.  Now (with this rig), we did not buy it new and the welder did say that the shackle showed signs of extended stress (whatever that means)...so either a junk piece of metal or the original owner may (?) have been rough in it.  Just don’t know.  All we know, is we appear to have bad luck with these things.  

19 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

WOW!!!!!!!!!! Now I will have to show your post to the wife to prove that someone does actually listen and learn when I say something :ROFLMAO-1:

Well, there’s always that one time, when our husband’s will be right so...careful when you play your card 😉