UPDATE 12/18 BP CHANGES !! Rise of the Resistance Bummer 12/4

23 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

They are having people sign up for Boarding groups to ride the ride vs. long waits in line. You must be in a boarding group to ride the ride as of right now. I am sure that will change in the future. Your entire party must be inside the park and then you can use the app to join a boarding group. Then you can even park hop to another park or go back to the Fort while you wait if you wanted to. you ahve up to 2 hours after your group is notified in the app you can come ride. Boarding groups have been running out early. Before 9am and they have expanded the morning hours at DHS through January 2. 

So if I’m understanding correctly, I could arrive at DHS at 8:00am, walk to Galaxys edge and then if I’m lucky get a boarding time that could be, theoretically, at 8:00 pm. 
is that correct?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

RotR still cant beat sipping a high quality bourbon under an awning at the Fort and maybe some subsequent golf cart riding. I'll ride it later. 

Retired cast are blocked out of HS through April and I won't be surprised if the blocking goes all summer.  I want to give a big THANK YOU to the WWz who got together and bought me a ticket to HS so I

Whelp, the TCD Gang rode ROTR today.  Its amazing. we agree that it's the best ride in a Disney park. And the TCD twins have been to Tokyo and Hong Kong.  I stand by my statement that t

50 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

So if I’m understanding correctly, I could arrive at DHS at 8:00am, walk to Galaxys edge and then if I’m lucky get a boarding time that could be, theoretically, at 8:00 pm. 
is that correct?

I would arrive earlier than that if RotR is a priority for you. Your Boarding group doesnt give you a set time. As they work through a certain number of people per group they are calling the next, via the app with I think a text message/notification or checking within the app. If you get say group 45 you could in theory be called at 8 pm later that day. 

1 hour ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I would arrive earlier than that if RotR is a priority for you. 

Agreed. There are reports of people lining up to enter the park way before open and boarding passes being gone very very quickly.  Can't find the post now but there was one today where I believe passes were gone within 30 minutes of park open.  And then there's this from Kenny the Pirate yesterday...

Large crowd is waiting at 6:15am for the opening of Hollywood Studios on December 7 in anticipation of getting a Ride of the Resistance boarding pass. I arrived 5am.

Reports were that they opened the park at 6:30am which I think may have actually been before the scheduled park open, but don't hold me to that.

There's a post in the comments from someone that said they were there by 4:15,  and got boarding group 14. 

Just saw this on FB from The Main Street Mouse...

This was the situation over at Hollywood Studios this morning, all for Rise of the Resistance! Two of our writers were there at 5:30am and it was already a madhouse. The virtual queue was full for the day within 10 minutes of its release. 

Posted this a.m. by Doctor Disney...

Day 4 of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and all Boarding Groups filled up even earlier than expected.

Boarding Groups opened around 7:15 A.M. today (Sunday, December 8, 2019), and all were gone by 7:41 A.M. with all guests now being limited to one Boarding Group per day.

Here are the times they were totally gone for the first four days:

Day 1 - 8:45 A.M.
Day 2 - 8:15 A.M.
Day 3 - 8:51 A.M.
Day 4 - 7:41 A.M.

Boarding Groups are expected to be in place through the busy holiday season at the very least. If you’re going this month and want to ride, get there early.

13 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Posted this a.m. by Doctor Disney...

Wow.  So arrive a couple of hours before the park even opens and hope you get a place.  Ugh.

13 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

re: timing of boarding passes

I saw a post from someone that arrived today at 6:20 scanned into the park at 7:20 and got boarding group 59 which at the time they said should be around 4 to 5pm.

Your mileage may vary.

That would be yuck.. but not horrible, horrible.  

11 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I really hope this calms down but I have my doubts.

Me too :(

12 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I really hope this calms down but I have my doubts.

My guess is that it will probably stay crazy though Christmas, lighten up a teensy bit when the general crowds die down in January, and then be crazy again when peak season kicks in Feb-April.

41 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

My guess is that it will probably stay crazy though Christmas, lighten up a teensy bit when the general crowds die down in January, and then be crazy again when peak season kicks in Feb-April.

Well Mine Train, Slinky, and FOP are still hard to get on, so I would venture to say that Galaxy Edge rides are going to be long waits for a loooong time to come.

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

Well Mine Train, Slinky, and FOP are still hard to get on, so I would venture to say that Galaxy Edge rides are going to be long waits for a loooong time to come.

Oh i think this one stays busy pretty much forever, just maybe slightly less insane after a while.

I'm sure we'll know when Disney changes it over from the virtual queue to regular ol' standby and FP.

On 12/8/2019 at 3:58 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

I would arrive earlier than that if RotR is a priority for you. Your Boarding group doesnt give you a set time. As they work through a certain number of people per group they are calling the next, via the app with I think a text message/notification or checking within the app. If you get say group 45 you could in theory be called at 8 pm later that day. 

Thanks for the info. 
Any word on how they are handling DAS return times?

10 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Thanks for the info. 
Any word on how they are handling DAS return times?

From the way Josh ( easywdw) was talking about the virtual queue, that is the DAS return time.  There is no standby line, and no FP+ for RotR.  Once your boarding group is called, you have 2 hours to get to the ride.  Everyone is reporting that once you get your boarding group called, your wait time will be no longer than 10 to 20 minutes. 

If the ride goes down while you are in the early part of the queue, you will get an anytime FP+ added digitally to your MDE.   If you are already on the preshow or ride when it goes down, you will get a paper anytime FP+.  Those FP+ are the ONLY ones currently good for RotR.

If you happen to be in a late boarding group, and your group never gets called that day, Disney has been giving out a one day Park Hopper pass along with an anytime FP+ good for RotR.  Current rumor has it that the boarding groups move slower in the morning, due to Disney accommodating the previous days non-worked boarding groups. 

Spoke with customer service on the Minnie van line today. I wanted to see about getting picked-up for our HS day. However, since they start running at 6:30 am, she didn't think it was the best choice. She directed me to regular uber. She said today and yesterday they had "surprise" park openings at 6:30 am. She said she did not know if that would continue...but the park was still booking out by 8:30 am max. 

Whelp, the TCD Gang rode ROTR today. 

Its amazing.

we agree that it's the best ride in a Disney park. And the TCD twins have been to Tokyo and Hong Kong. 

I stand by my statement that they opened it too soon. We had to be evacuated half way through our fiirst attempt to ride and were given paper fastpasses, which we were able to use about an hour later, and the second time was a charm. 

Disney has had to mobilize hundreds of extra CM's, and they're having guest relations CM's from other parks getting paid double time to deal with guest recovery. So stupid and wasteful. 

The kinks will get worked out, and to me this quality of this attraction saves Galaxy's Edge. 

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Whelp, the TCD Gang rode ROTR today. 

Its amazing.

we agree that it's the best ride in a Disney park.

This pretty much sums up the majority of the feedback I'm seeing from folks online - even those who got up in the wee darkness to wait outside the park for hours for a chance to ride it.

Best comment I've seen so far was along the lines of (paraphrasing)....

got to the park at 5:30am

got in the park at 6:30am

got a boarding pass at 8:00am

had to change my pants at 12:30pm because of the awesomeness

I'm also hearing tons of similar experiences to yours to agree that they opened it before it was 100% ready.  That said, the hype is strong with this one and so far it's living up to it.

It'll be interesting to see how this all shakes out during Christmas week though...

1 hour ago, rjpete said:

I believe the Hype machine is set to MAX and most of the people that say how amazing it is, were going to tell you it is amazing even if it wasn't. I will wait till the hype calms down and see it when it is not as crowded.

I'm sure that's the case for some,  but I totally trust @Tri-Circle-D to be brutally honest no matter how big the Disney hype machine is on... well, pretty much anything.  ;)

That aside, how quickly the hype dies down will likely tell the tale.  FOP still has ridiculously long waits and I'd personally vouch for that one living up to the hype.

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I'm sure that's the case for some,  but I totally trust @Tri-Circle-D to be brutally honest no matter how big the Disney hype machine is on... well, pretty much anything.  ;)

That aside, how quickly the hype dies down will likely tell the tale.  FOP still has ridiculously long waits and I'd personally vouch for that one living up to the hype.

All the Florida TV media who were on it say it's the "best I've have ever been on" and that DISNEY did an outstanding job.