Settlement Area Becoming a Market Place ??

Just returned home from the Fort.  While visiting another resort, a DVC CM approached me about the new Rivera Resort.  I quickly changed the subject to the Reflections project and inquired what could the CM tell me about that.  Most of the stuff reported, I already knew from this site.  But, the one thing said, that almost knocked me over, was that the Settlement Area was going to be enhanced to a shopping/market place type area.  The proximity of Reflections to the Settlement makes this plausible to me.  But, it is still hard to believe that Disney would do this.  BTW, when I voiced my displeasure with the idea the CM walked off in a huff.  Hopefully, this is a rumor that is false.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:49 AM, PghBob said:

Just returned home from the Fort.  While visiting another resort, a DVC CM approached me about the new Rivera Resort.  I quickly changed the subject to the Reflections project and inquired what could the CM tell me about that.  Most of the stuff reported, I already knew from this site.  But, the one thing said, that almost knocked me over, was that the Settlement Area was going to be enhanced to a shopping/market place type area.  The proximity of Reflections to the Settlement makes this plausible to me.  But, it is still hard to believe that Disney would do this.  BTW, when I voiced my displeasure with the idea the CM walked off in a huff.  Hopefully, this is a rumor that is false.

Oh yeah... I think most of us saw that coming.  Unfortunately, the days of the Fort we loved, are gone.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:49 AM, PghBob said:

Just what we need, another bunch of shops to sell resort crap and a Starbucks or two.