We arrived last Sunday Dec. 1. We were very surprised when parking permits that go on your dashboard, are not being used anymore. Does anyone know why? Also this past weekend I have encountered more than usual rude guests. So between all the changes at the Fort and the rudeness, this has been one heck of a stay. 

6 hours ago, jlf said:

We arrived last Sunday Dec. 1. We were very surprised when parking permits that go on your dashboard, are not being used anymore. Does anyone know why? Also this past weekend I have encountered more than usual rude guests. So between all the changes at the Fort and the rudeness, this has been one heck of a stay. 

They may have just forgotten to give one to you. When we checked in at Thanksgiving the CM seemed preoccupied with the new ipad software. He initially gave us our paperwork without the permit. When I asked about it he said "oh yeah" and went back to the shack for it.

When we were there at the beginning of November, we were issued parking passes for our car, our tow dolly (which we always park in the overflow lot) and one for our friend's car who were on our reservation...

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

In November we were given one for our stay.  Previously we either get one or are told they don't use them anymore, they will scan your Magicband.  Seems to be hit or miss; no consistent policy.  We've learned to ask for one if we aren't given one. 

When we asked about it we were told the same thing. They will scan your magic band. To me it seems to be more of a headache. At the studios, she scanned our band then asked for photo id. Then she she realized we were resort guest. We also noticed that very view utility trailers in the parking lot were permit less.  

• 1 month later...

It seems to me that there is something going on with the parking permit situation.  When we checked in this past December, we did not get a parking pass with all the other paperwork.  When we realized this the next day, the DW went back up front and obtained one.  It looks as if they are not consistent with issuing one when you check in which has been the case in the past.

1 hour ago, southernview -- Ray said:

It seems to me that there is something going on with the parking permit situation.  When we checked in this past December, we did not get a parking pass with all the other paperwork.  When we realized this the next day, the DW went back up front and obtained one.  It looks as if they are not consistent with issuing one when you check in which has been the case in the past.

They stopped issuing, unless requested, since they scan your MB when you go into the park. There really is no reason to print one off unless you're leaving a car in the overflow.

40 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

They stopped issuing, unless requested, since they scan your MB when you go into the park. There really is no reason to print one off unless you're leaving a car in the overflow.

They gave us two at Christmas. One for the bus and one for our friends car. One was preprinted and they asked if we had another vehicle and printed one right away with out our asking. 

2 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

They gave us two at Christmas. One for the bus and one for our friends car. One was preprinted and they asked if we had another vehicle and printed one right away with out our asking. 

Some other friends were just told that they only gave them out if you had a car in the overflow.....unless it was because the Holiday rush was over.

With the new text your site number I have avoided the check in on my last few trips.

I've left a car and golf cart trailer in the overflow lot with no issues.

But, as Jason points out, Disney has no consistency in procedures or rules.....

With the campground at least I have stopped doing online check in. Since I do not use the option to charge to the room (or site in this case), and they don't charge a parking fee, it avoids them putting holds on my account. This does mean I have to spend 10 minutes going through check in but that doesn't bother me. Last trip I was actually excited to pull up with the bus for it's first time.