Hello all,

My ADR windows opens on Christmas Eve (early Christmas presents for me!).  Last trip we did a ton of character dinners.  Kids didn't get as much out of it as we'd hoped and the food didn't necessarily wow us on many of them.

I've decided that for sure we're doing HDDR.  We'd really hoped for Mickey's Backyard BBQ (RIP), but since that's not a choice I'm considering Spirit of Aloha.  Pawing through the bowels of the site, most of the discussion about SOA is 4+ years old and the reviews are mixed.  Has anyone hit SOA recently?   

Thanks

3 hours ago, Part-Time Paradise said:

Hello all,

My ADR windows opens on Christmas Eve (early Christmas presents for me!).  Last trip we did a ton of character dinners.  Kids didn't get as much out of it as we'd hoped and the food didn't necessarily wow us on many of them.

I've decided that for sure we're doing HDDR.  We'd really hoped for Mickey's Backyard BBQ (RIP), but since that's not a choice I'm considering Spirit of Aloha.  Pawing through the bowels of the site, most of the discussion about SOA is 4+ years old and the reviews are mixed.  Has anyone hit SOA recently?   

Thanks

My wife and I went a year or so ago and the food had gone way down. Show was still good but just not worth the money to us. 

22 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

My wife and I went a year or so ago and the food had gone way down. Show was still good but just not worth the money to us. 

Well poop.  I have gone to Hawaii for work a few times this year and wanted to bring them to a little Hawaii in FL. 

This is my 4th trip to WDW, but first at FW and first with my RV.  The more and more I look through ADRs the more I think about taking the time to head back to the camper to make dinner before attacking back out into the parks instead of rushing all over to make reservations.  

• 1 month later...

The show has changed a lot over the years, but we took our 10 and 11 yo boys to the Luau in 1997, and they loved it! Granted, they were and still are adventurous, bottomless pit eaters, but enjoyed the show also. Back then, it was more of a traditional luau, now it has a bit of a story to it, with "Hawaiian girl goes to the mainland and has to be reminded of her "Ohana" heritage.

Hubby and myself have been back a couple of times. Food was decent, but it isn't really repeatable for us.