Hello All,

I am staying at the fort at the end of December in a cabin. I have lined up two Outside vendor rentals - one for a golf cart and one for a 12 ft trailer to transport the cart. My question is whether or not I’ll be able to leave said 12 ft trailer in front of the cabin in addition to my F150 pickup truck and the golf cart?

Ive never rented a cart from an outside vendor or been in this situation. If I was at a trailer campsite, it seems that it wouldn’t be an issue at all. But I think I recall having read that cabins/sites are only allowed to have one vehicle. Does this small trailer count as an additional vehicle? If so, can it be stored in the overflow parking?

I am traveling with two people who haven’t been to the fort and I really want them to have the full experience (which I believe is best experienced with a golf cart).

Thanks in advance to the wonderful advice and expertise found on this great forum. Any suggestions are welcome!

Brian

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

As we all know, rules are malleable at the Fort. 

Things are crazy in late December. I think they'll let a small utility trailer be parked at a cabin. 

TCD

Maybe but I prefer to offer up the rules and if you get better results in a case awesome but I never assume. Also not sure where with a truck and a cart also at the cabin. In between cabins?

11 hours ago, keith_h said:

If it looks like there is room and if it was me I'd try parking it at the cabin then see what they say. At worst you will come back to a note telling you to move it. You know the old it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission thing.

And this is the Fort at Christmas time so....

tumblr_mr3zd4IxNx1sdur6co1_400.gif

17 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Maybe but I prefer to offer up the rules and if you get better results in a case awesome but I never assume. Also not sure where with a truck and a cart also at the cabin. In between cabins?

We've spent a couple Thanksgivings and Easters at the cabins- there's room to park two or three cars at most, and people do.  There's plenty of room on either side of most of the cabin parking pads. 

TCD

2 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Totally off the wall question and I am assuming the answer is no but if they park the trailer at the cabin would they charge them a parking fee for it? 

In my experience, they only charge one parking fee for the cabin. We always end up with extra vehicles, and park them in the overflow lot most of the time, but have on occasion had more than one car at a cabin overnight, and still only one parking fee. 

Have you ever had clients charged more than one parking fee?  I don't think Disney does at any resort- it's one fee per room. 

TCD

I havent had many Cabin clients. I only have a few clients who drive in for hotels and can't think of any that mentioned multiple vehicles. As I said it was just a thought in my head for which I didnt know an answer. Glad to have your first hand knowledge to add for potential future questions. Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I havent had many Cabin clients. I only have a few clients who drive in for hotels and can't think of any that mentioned multiple vehicles. As I said it was just a thought in my head for which I didnt know an answer. Glad to have your first hand knowledge to add for potential future questions. Thanks!

With online check-in, predistribution of magic bands, and the elimination of parking passes, they don't have a way to track how many cars are being used by the guests. 

TCD

14 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Last time we stayed at FQ, we were told that security controls the parking fees, not the resort.  So it seems that when you check in with a vehicle and they see you have a reservation, you get a parking fee added to your total.

Not certain that is true as I have had several clients charged for parking who flew in. They had the charges removed but only because they knew to look for them. 

Hey @OutdoorsNY

I popped by the Fort yesterday and took this photo:

IMG_4665_zpslnbzspmg.jpg

There's a utility trailer parked at a cabin. There was a golf cart parked on the other side of the truck. 

Plenty of room.

This weekend, as I'm sure will be the case for the rest of this month, they were using the field next to the hitch/unhitch area for overflow parking for the overflowing overflow parking lot. I'll bet management would prefer that guests not take up parking spaces with utility trailers. 

TCD