RUMOR: New "Mining Tower" for the Fort?

As always, consider the source and this is not confirmed by anything remotely official yet, but just ran across this...

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground Adding “Mining Tower Interactive Feature” As Part of Ongoing Reimagining

December 12, 2019

A new construction permit filed by Walt Disney World states that “A new guest interactive feature to wash sand” is coming to Fort Wilderness Campground. As you may remember, Fort Wildness is undergoing a large scale refurbishment and reimagining as part of the construction of Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge.

The permit doesn’t go into details about the interactive sand washing feature, but it does indicate the location is the “Fort Wilderness Mining Tower”.

New-FW-Beach-1200x800.jpg

This feature could be an interactive element like panning for gold or the like, but could also be a simple feature for washing off sand near the newly relocated beach at Fort Wilderness.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/12/construction-permit-indicates-interactive-sand-wash-feature-coming-to-fort-wilderness-campground/

I am pretty sure these are the same geniuses who started a new set of rumors when they found the old plans for the relocation of the Backyard BBQ pavilion that had already been abandoned. 

This sand washing tower they're speculating about sounds a lot like the gem mining activity that they tried out in the Meadow area last year:

If anything, this project might be for putting one of these up in the Settlement. Which would be a great way to extract some extra $ from parents and grandparents waiting for the Hoop Dee Doo.

TCD

33 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I am pretty sure these are the same geniuses who started a new set of rumors when they found the old plans for the relocation of the Backyard BBQ pavilion that had already been abandoned. 

This sand washing tower they're speculating about sounds a lot like the gem mining activity that they tried out in the Meadow area last year:

If anything, this project might be for putting one of these up in the Settlement. Which would be a great way to extract some extra $ from parents and grandparents waiting for the Hoop Dee Doo.

TCD

The ongoing saga of the Year Decade of a Million $chemes

43 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Yep... that's why I threw the "consider the source" caveat in there.  I almost didn't even bother sharing it.

This could be just a rehash of something old (click click click), although also makes sense for something along these lines to land in the Settlement. As you say, a great way to occupy the kids in line for the HDD (while making their adults' wallets a wee bit lighter).

13 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yep... that's why I threw the "consider the source" caveat in there.  I almost didn't even bother sharing it.

This could be just a rehash of something old (click click click), although also makes sense for something along these lines to land in the Settlement. As you say, a great way to occupy the kids in line for the HDD (while making their adults' wallets a wee bit lighter).

I could see this fitting into the Settlement area along with all the boutique shops that reflections will be bringing in.

• 2 weeks later...