We were at Lowe's today for air filters, and wandered through the Christmas department. They are at 50% and still had some of the Disney stuff left. We scored a set of the Mouse Ear string lights for 50% off. They still had some of the lawn stakes too, but even at 50% were more than I wanted to pay.

But what amazed me the most is how little was left in general on Christmas decorations. Back in my early adult years, we bought live trees between the 15th and 20th of December and didn't decorate until then. And I know in some German cultures, you don't actually put up the tree until Christmas Eve. I guess nowadays, if you haven't gotten your decorations early, you lose.

Ours had a couple Disney Princess projectors and that was it for Disney.  They had some various blow ups, lights, and trees.  But not everything was 50% off.

i remember going to Target the day after Christmas and getting tons of decorations at 75% off.

And going to Sears and getting toys and Christmas items the day after Christmas really cheap because they didn’t normally carry those items.

Nowadays if you don’t purchase Christmas decorations the day after Halloween you miss out on the “hot” items.