Can you guys please give me recommendations? I’ve looked through posts but haven’t found the exact answer. We are a family of 4 - 2 kids 8 & 11. Have a 17ft travel trailer and first time to Disney for me and my girls, husband went as a child. I had originally booked a 300 loop preferred for 06/2020. Then I got to reading and think I should upgrade to premium. I want to feel secluded but not too far from amenities. What would be some good premium loops (not meadow preferred)? We also booked a golf cart but for $400... rather spend that on some fun experiences instead 🤦‍♀️ Thanks in advance. LK

12 hours ago, Lkrn05 said:

Can you guys please give me recommendations? I’ve looked through posts but haven’t found the exact answer. We are a family of 4 - 2 kids 8 & 11. Have a 17ft travel trailer and first time to Disney for me and my girls, husband went as a child. I had originally booked a 300 loop preferred for 06/2020. Then I got to reading and think I should upgrade to premium. I want to feel secluded but not too far from amenities. What would be some good premium loops (not meadow preferred)? We also booked a golf cart but for $400... rather spend that on some fun experiences instead 🤦‍♀️ Thanks in advance. LK

Not sure what you mean by booking the 300 loop. Only types of loops can be booked. You can request the 300 at or before check in, but there is no guarantee that you will get it. With that being said I think a preferred loop would be good, especially with a 17' trailer. I would want the 100 or 200 loop though to be closer to the boat. The fort is not that big. Going to the pool from the preferred loops is just a short bike ride or walk with a cut through the 600 or 1400 loop. You will be spending extra money on the premium sites for space that you don't really need with shorter trailer. Since the creation of the premium meadow loops the remaining premium loops are about the same distance from the pool as the preferred. In either one you will probably still want to bus it to the outpost if you don't keep the cart.

If you're looking for a more quiet loop that is classified as a non-meadows premium loop, the 1100 loop is a nice choice.  It is across the street and up a little bit from the Meadows area, yet not too far away.  My wife and I always walk around the loops, even if we are just stopping in for the day, and it is not too far unless you have difficulty walking.  The buses are always convenient.  Many enjoy the golf carts, but certainly not necessary.

I agree with both of the previous posts, but wanted to add some more thoughts. 

Considering that you’re going in June, you probably will want easy access to the pool and campfire area.  If we are talking regular premium and not Meadow premium, I’d say 500 or 1300. 

Another thing to consider this year is all of the construction in the Settlement area.  500 and 1300 will distance you from that.

TCD

Just meant I had originally put in a request for 300 loop. My husband is a military veteran and has had spine surgery, so was just thinking maybe a little closer would be better for him. It was only $40 more for us to change to a premium site, so thought it may be worth having extra space to set up our chairs etc. We are going to spend our check in day at the resort and one day in the middle of our vacation to have some “chill” time. 

15 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I agree with both of the previous posts, but wanted to add some more thoughts. 

Considering that you’re going in June, you probably will want easy access to the pool and campfire area.  If we are talking regular premium and not Meadow premium, I’d say 500 or 1300. 

Another thing to consider this year is all of the construction in the Settlement area.  500 and 1300 will distance you from that.

TCD

I agree.  The 500 loop is a really nice loop in a great location. 

8 hours ago, djsamuel said:

I agree.  The 500 loop is a really nice loop in a great location. 

Also agree.  One note from experience - there are a few sites about halfway through the loop on the outside that back up fairly closely to the sidewalk on the main road.  This might be a good thing if you want easy access to that sidewalk but if you don't, avoid those sites if you can.  In our case we had dogs with us and having people walking by that closely wasn't ideal. 

We have a smaller trailer at 21 feet and our previous was about 18 feet. We've always stayed in the premium sites as we like the extra room and the privacy of being able to be away from the loop road. Some sites have the utilities closer to the front where others are further back. This can affect where you put a smaller trailer on the site. We've had times where we were able to park the trailer near the back of the site and others where it was closer to the middle so we could reach the hookups (sewer in particular).

As to loops we like 1300 a lot. We don't have young ones but there is a playground near the entrance to the loop. The bus stop is just outside the entrance as well. It can be somewhat noisy during the day being close to the Meadows pool but it quiets down around dinner time. Although it is now a Meadows Premium loop we like 1400 too. The main thing to be concerned about there is the basketball court near the entrance. It can be noisy well into the night so it is better to be further back in the loop.

• 3 weeks later...

I've run into the same thing with my 16 foot teardrop, especially with sewer. I've got plenty of water hose and electric cord, but only about 20 ft of sewer hose. Sometimes I even like to put my trailer sideways across the back of the site. But I only have grey water, so in those instances I just use a small bucket under the grey water drain, and empty it into the sewer as needed.

While we love the loops up front, if you can afford to bump up, I would take a premium loop simply because we prefer more cement.  The Fort is a large campground, but there is a bus system if your hubby cannot walk or ride a bike.  Golf carts are fun, but expensive.   

Have a fantastic time!!  Our kiddos are currently 8 and 12... it's a fun age to be at the Fort 😊