Who wants to answer some ticket questions ?

In October 2018 right before the date-based tickets system went into effect I bought 2 tickets from Undercover Tourist -- 4 day Parkhopper with extra day added for "free" to make a 5-day Parkhopper.  I knew and understood that if I didn't use them by 12/31/2019 they would expire, but that I could then use the value toward another ticket based on the new pricing and would have to pay any difference.  I intended to go in 2019, but that didn't happen.  We are planning to go this Spring.

I've done a bit of research but still have a couple of  questions if anyone here has experienced. I can call Disney again but last time on hold time was over 20 minutes:

- Do I get the value of a 5 day parkhopper even though it was a buy a 4-day and get another day free? 

- Do I need to bring any kind of receipt for them ? They are etickets but I have them printed out showing the barcode. I've also linked them in MDE.

- Can I use the value toward a fewer day ticket in order to avoid paying any more?    The 2020 price  for a 5 day parkhopper  on the days we plan to go is $145 more than the 2018 value of the now expired ticket based on the pricing I looked at.  Can I drop down to using it toward a 4-day parkhopper and not have to pay that extra $145?   I really only wanted 4 days to begin with since I want to spend some time visiting resorts.

-  I haven't been able to make FastPass reservations because the tickets have expired *. Is there any way to upgrade the now expired tickets to the current date tickets without having to be on property so that I can make FP reservations? 

(* strangely, we also have older non-expiring parkhopper Plus tickets that we used on two visits.  At the end of the last visit I had someone there check and she said we'd used all the park days but still have a couple of Plus visits left.  I'd thought we had a park day left but she read me a list of dates we'd used it and it did account for all 10 park days.  But this time when I was trying to make FP reservations it let me make one day worth.  When I called Disney last week to find out why it took one but not the others I was trying to make, she said I must have one park day left on those old non-expiring tickets if I was able to make FP.    If so, I want to keep that day for another time and only use the newer expiring tickets on this visit. I will need to check that before entering the parks so the old ticket isn't  used first.)

Thanks! 

I know you can go to guest services before scanning your Magic Band and ask them to prioritize the tickets you want to use in your account. I have a very old one-day ticket in my account, and purchased a 10-day. Before going to the parks last October, I told them to prioritize the 10-day. The one day ticket was not touched.

Since the price bridge only works if you have used the ticket to enter a park before upgrading, I'm almost positive you will get actual dollar value of what you paid towards any ticket you upgrade to.

Can't upgrade except in person. However, there "might" be an upgrade button on the My Disney Experience app. I've seen that but have never used it.

- Do I get the value of a 5 day parkhopper even though it was a buy a 4-day and get another day free?                                   They are 5 day tickets so you should get that value. 

- Do I need to bring any kind of receipt for them ? They are etickets but I have them printed out showing the barcode. I've also linked them in MDE.              You should not. Disney will be able to see the tickets and the value stored in them.

- Can I use the value toward a fewer day ticket in order to avoid paying any more?    The 2020 price  for a 5 day parkhopper  on the days we plan to go is $145 more than the 2018 value of the now expired ticket based on the pricing I looked at.  Can I drop down to using it toward a 4-day parkhopper and not have to pay that extra $145?   I really only wanted 4 days to begin with since I want to spend some time visiting resorts.    I believe so. At this point they are considered an amount vs. an actual tickets so I think you can apply that value to any ticket you want. But as far as I know you will not receive any kind of refund so keep that in mind if the cost of the new ticket is less than the value of the old. (If I end up wrong on this please let me know but this is how I understand it should work)

-  I haven't been able to make FastPass reservations because the tickets have expired *. Is there any way to upgrade the now expired tickets to the current date tickets without having to be on property so that I can make FP reservations?         You should be able to call Disney and apply the value to new tickets over the phone. (should)

With regards to the older ticket you should be able to have Disney prioritize the tickets for use and may want to speak to someone when scanning into a park to verify it is still using the correct ticket. 

24 minutes ago, Ivy said:

Hi

I also have a ticket question. I saw in December,  Disney was offering half day tickets. I looked and could not find that option now.

Has this expired? Any idea if they will bring this back again?

Thanks

Yes the offer expired. No way of knowing if or when they may bring it back. 

On 1/8/2020 at 1:18 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

- Do I get the value of a 5 day parkhopper even though it was a buy a 4-day and get another day free?                                   They are 5 day tickets so you should get that value. 

- Do I need to bring any kind of receipt for them ? They are etickets but I have them printed out showing the barcode. I've also linked them in MDE.              You should not. Disney will be able to see the tickets and the value stored in them.

- Can I use the value toward a fewer day ticket in order to avoid paying any more?    The 2020 price  for a 5 day parkhopper  on the days we plan to go is $145 more than the 2018 value of the now expired ticket based on the pricing I looked at.  Can I drop down to using it toward a 4-day parkhopper and not have to pay that extra $145?   I really only wanted 4 days to begin with since I want to spend some time visiting resorts.    I believe so. At this point they are considered an amount vs. an actual tickets so I think you can apply that value to any ticket you want. But as far as I know you will not receive any kind of refund so keep that in mind if the cost of the new ticket is less than the value of the old. (If I end up wrong on this please let me know but this is how I understand it should work)

-  I haven't been able to make FastPass reservations because the tickets have expired *. Is there any way to upgrade the now expired tickets to the current date tickets without having to be on property so that I can make FP reservations?         You should be able to call Disney and apply the value to new tickets over the phone. (should)

With regards to the older ticket you should be able to have Disney prioritize the tickets for use and may want to speak to someone when scanning into a park to verify it is still using the correct ticket. 

Thank you for your answers! 

When I called Disney when I couldn't make FP,  I asked about updating to a new ticket over the phone. She said she was in tech and didn't know much about tickets but she texted someone else while we made small talk about the Fort. The other person said because I bought them through Undercover Tourist I had to ask them to upgrade. I haven't yet, but am pretty certain they won't do that. I guess I can call Disney again but with the 20 minute wait time the last time I need to find time to do that.

4 minutes ago, Seals said:

Thank you for your answers! 

When I called Disney when I couldn't make FP,  I asked about updating to a new ticket over the phone. She said she was in tech and didn't know much about tickets but she texted someone else while we made small talk about the Fort. The other person said because I bought them through Undercover Tourist I had to ask them to upgrade. I haven't yet, but am pretty certain they won't do that. I guess I can call Disney again but with the 20 minute wait time the last time I need to find time to do that.

Not sure on that one as I dont purchase or work with the tickets from Undercover Tourist. I know when I have sold tickets to clients they have been able to call up and upgrade. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

An update in case anyone is wondering in a similar situation:  I procrastinated on this way too long mainly because I didn't think it would work. Finally called yesterday and a capable and cheerful CM was able to upgrade the expired tickets over the phone pretty quickly. There was a cost difference so I went with a 4 day instead of the same 5 day because it was less additional $. She also was able to prioritize the newer ticket over the non-expiring one in my account but told me to check with a person with an Ipad at the turnstile before going through the first time to make sure it would read the new one. 

I wish I'd done it sooner because my FP choices are now very limited.  Lesson learned and I plan to enjoy whatever we can manage to do.  Husband who doesn't keep up with Disney details like I do asked if we could do the new Star Wars ride. I tried to explain the arrive early / get a boarding group procedure. He just shook his head.