42 minutes ago, cddskj said:

We have friends hoping to join us at the fort this fall.  Where is the best place to rent a camper for them?  Also, anybody have recommendations for renting a golf cart?  Has anyone had a great experience or a terrible experience renting either to share?

I have personally used and can recommend https://www.facebook.com/camperrentaladventures/ 

They also offer an option to rent a cart with the camper but if you want a separate rental source I have used https://www.facebook.com/Tee-Time-Golf-Cart-Sales-Service-Rentals-183001445132187/

5 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

They also offer an option to rent a cart with the camper but if you want a separate rental source I have used https://www.facebook.com/Tee-Time-Golf-Cart-Sales-Service-Rentals-183001445132187/

We've used Tee Time many times over the past 10+ years and have always been pleased with their service.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!   I have been perusing all of the "preferred vender" info as I am thinking of renting again over the holiday season this year (sometimes I just don't want to tow our rig that far as we live in TX). I rented from Greenburg once in the past and had a bad experience so that one is out. Meacham's responded this time that they are "closed for Christmas from Dec 18-25th - really?!! So we arrive on Dec 19th 2020 - out of luck. Kissimmee Orlando RV is responding to my emails and seems interested in renting to us but they are not listed as a "preferred" rental company, so could they drop the camper in our site before we actually arrive (we won't get in until about 10 pm)? And, last question: we have a multiple-reservation-number reservation (took me a couple months to "patch" together the 8 night reservation haha!) - might this be an issue if renting? It seems Disney always says "you may have to move your rig during your stay since we cannot guarantee your space for the full time" even if I link the reservations....I have never had to move in the past, but might it actually happen?

MANY THANKS - have appreciated your site for many years even though I don't often speak up! :)

46 minutes ago, PlutoFanClub said:

Hello!   I have been perusing all of the "preferred vender" info as I am thinking of renting again over the holiday season this year (sometimes I just don't want to tow our rig that far as we live in TX). I rented from Greenburg once in the past and had a bad experience so that one is out. Meacham's responded this time that they are "closed for Christmas from Dec 18-25th - really?!! So we arrive on Dec 19th 2020 - out of luck. Kissimmee Orlando RV is responding to my emails and seems interested in renting to us but they are not listed as a "preferred" rental company, so could they drop the camper in our site before we actually arrive (we won't get in until about 10 pm)? And, last question: we have a multiple-reservation-number reservation (took me a couple months to "patch" together the 8 night reservation haha!) - might this be an issue if renting? It seems Disney always says "you may have to move your rig during your stay since we cannot guarantee your space for the full time" even if I link the reservations....I have never had to move in the past, but might it actually happen?

MANY THANKS - have appreciated your site for many years even though I don't often speak up! 🙂

Honestly the only thing the “preferred vendors” really gets you is they can set up before you arrive. I have used Camper Rental Adventures  several times as have clients and they have pet friendly campers. I have no hesitation recommending them. Tell Dawn I said hi if you contact them. 

13 hours ago, PlutoFanClub said:

MANY THANKS - have appreciated your site for many years even though I don't often speak up! 🙂

There are only 2 preferred vendors, Meacham and a luxury coach company and Jason is right - the biggest perk for you is that they can setup before you get there.

If you rent from someone else they won't be able to do that, even if you're not getting in until late.

You want to make sure your multiple reservations are linked. Disney will always tell you moving is a possibility, and it might be during a really busy time or if you've booked multiple levels of sites, but from what's reported here and my own experience, it doesn't happen much.  A couple of years ago we had 11 reservations for one stay (really). We were prepared to have to move a few times but thanks to some incredibly helpful and patient CMs at check in sorted us out so that we never had to.  That said, you're checking in Christmas week which is the busiest week of the year, so your mileage may vary.  I'd say be prepared to spend some extra time at check in and be extra polite and patient and hopefully you'll be able to stay in one site.  Good luck!

One thing though, is if you do online checkin and get your site number sent to you, Camper Rental Adventures will go ahead and set up once you give them the site number. That's what we did last year when the Womenz rented from them. I was at Wal-Mart picking up groceries when I got my text, and I let Camper Rental Adventures know my site number, and they had it set up before I arrived.