Odds on getting an early entry on RotR?

So we are going to the Tampa RV show this weekend. We plan on hitting Disney on Monday before we head home in the afternoon. I have some FP's for MK around lunch time to early afternoon. But I was thinking about getting up early to rope drop HS. With this new boarding pass system it sounds like a lottery system to get an early boarding pass. If we were to show up early (without bags) to get through security fast and hit the button for a pass I wonder if we could get on by 10 am or so? I almost inclined to not take the gamble and just go to MK only instead. I guess worst case scenario is we get a late pass, ride a few rides at HS early then hop to MK. I really want to be on the road home by 4pm.

13 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

You can get through security early, and get in the gates BUT you can't hit the button for a boarding group until official park opening, so depending on what time the park opens is how much time you will need to spend in HS.

So HS opens at 7 on Monday. At 7:00:01 everybody is hitting buttons. I has to be just luck that gets you in an early group.

19 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

So HS opens at 7 on Monday. At 7:00:01 everybody is hitting buttons. I has to be just luck that gets you in an early group.

You are correct. For the first few weeks of operation, boarding groups were assigned sequentially based on when the guest logged in and requested the boarding group- first come, first served. It was then changed to the current system where boarding groups are assigned randomly- so there is no reward for being early. You could easily have to wait until afternoon for your boarding group to get called even if you request the boarding group at park opening. 

It seems that breakdowns, closures and re-sets are a daily occurrence. If you have a later boarding group, you will get pushed back because of those. 

TCD

16 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Not completely lottery. Phone speed and internet speed are key. Reboot your phone when you get up that morning so it is running nice and fresh. Then Make sure you are not on Disney's wifi. Verizon seems to beat out AT&T anecdotally. 

Cool...good to know. I have a new note 10+. Maybe that will help lol. I assume I can get them for all in my party?

7 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

You are correct. For the first few weeks of operation, boarding groups were assigned sequentially based on when the guest logged in and requested the boarding group- first come, first served. It was then changed to the current system where boarding groups are assigned randomly- so there is no reward for being early. You could easily have to wait until afternoon for your boarding group to get called even if you request the boarding group at park opening. 

It seems that breakdowns, closures and re-sets are a daily occurrence. If you have a later boarding group, you will get pushed back because of those. 

TCD

Yeah, if we get assigned a late group I probably won't even bother trying to ride it. We will catch it next time.

Also, while you are in the park waiting for park opening, try and find one of the blue "guest services" umbrellas/tents and park yourself near it. If for some reason the system doesn't see that your entire party is in the park, they will have to add you to the boarding group on their system. Being close to them will speed up that process.

8 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Cool...good to know. I have a new note 10+. Maybe that will help lol. I assume I can get them for all in my party?

Yeah, if we get assigned a late group I probably won't even bother trying to ride it. We will catch it next time.

You can get the boarding group for anyone who has scanned in to the park and is linked to your account.

After you get your boarding group, if it’s a high number, you can bounce to another park and wait for your number to get called. You have an hour to get back after being called- but this is not being strictly enforced.

TCD

6 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Also, while you are in the park waiting for park opening, try and find one of the blue "guest services" umbrellas/tents and park yourself near it. If for some reason the system doesn't see that your entire party is in the park, they will have to add you to the boarding group on their system. Being close to them will speed up that process.

Good info, thanks.

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

You can get the boarding group for anyone who has scanned in to the park and is linked to your account.

After you get your boarding group, if it’s a high number, you can bounce to another park and wait for your number to get called. You have an hour to get back after being called- but this is not being strictly enforced.

TCD

Sounds like a plan to me.

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

2 hours is the stated time to return. 

We have done this twice in the last 2 weeks I got 32 and 59. I was faster when i got the 32. 32 was called by 8:46 a.m. 59 was called  by 1:30. When i got 59 i had a larger group to assign so it took longer. Both times park opened at 7a.m. I would make sure you are there by 6 a.m. we arrived at 5:27 a.m. they start letting people in the park around 6:30 give or take 10 minutes. If you do it have fun.

19 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

We were lazy and said screw it....we'll catch it next time

I don't blame you at all. Half of me wishes we would have done the same thing. We were there for 2 weeks and only on our last day there did we stay at the Fort all day and relax.

11 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I don't blame you at all. Half of me wishes we would have done the same thing. We were there for 2 weeks and only on our last day there did we stay at the Fort all day and relax.

If you tried yesterday, you would've had the best of both worlds!

Up early to get your boarding pass, then stay  late to ride.

Opening was delayed 7 hours, then when they were calling back the pass groups there was over a 2 hour wait in line which was all the way outside of Bantuu and into Grand Avenue.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:40 AM, Travisma said:

If you tried yesterday, you would've had the best of both worlds!

Up early to get your boarding pass, then stay  late to ride.

Opening was delayed 7 hours, then when they were calling back the pass groups there was over a 2 hour wait in line which was all the way outside of Bantuu and into Grand Avenue.

I read about that, it's crazy.

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

We too were at the show... sorry we missed you!

We were at the show too.  Fort this week. 
We got to ride Rise of the Resistance. It was such a great ride. However - frustration ensued that day. We got in the park at 7:08am and were boarding group 78. Great. By 3:00 they were only on group 30 something. When our group number got closer we headed to the park. At 6:30 they were boarding our group. At 7:15 the ride closed. ☹️  We were given a fast pass for the next day.  We returned Thursday and scanned in with a specific cast member and bypassed the queue and went straight on the ride. We figured we would be standing in line again so we were pleasantly surprised. Fantastic job on the ride in our opinion. 

1 hour ago, Mrs.TN22 said:

We were at the show too.  Fort this week. 

Mercy!

Guess we should have done a GG at the show!  LOL

Did you dry camp?  We were in the lot, Thursday and Friday night.  Had planned to stay Saturday night as well... but snagged a spot at the Fort.

On 1/24/2020 at 3:26 PM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Mercy!

Guess we should have done a GG at the show!  LOL

Did you dry camp?  We were in the lot, Thursday and Friday night.  Had planned to stay Saturday night as well... but snagged a spot at the Fort.

We did't we stayed at a campground about 10 minutes away.  When we made the decision to go, the fairgrounds were already full.   Did you guys go to the Grand Design owner tent?We thought we saw you guys on Sunday at the Fort, we were riding the golf cart our of overflow while waiting on our site.

14 hours ago, Mrs.TN22 said:

We did't we stayed at a campground about 10 minutes away.  When we made the decision to go, the fairgrounds were already full.   Did you guys go to the Grand Design owner tent?We thought we saw you guys on Sunday at the Fort, we were riding the golf cart our of overflow while waiting on our site.

Ahhh... keep in mind, that if you want to dry camp, that never fills up as it's just in the standard parking lot.  We really enjoyed being right there.

We walked through the GD area.. but don't remember an "owner's tent".  

We were at the Fort on Sunday!  Snagged a spot for 5 nights; it was so nice to be back.  Crazy that we missed you at both places.